Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 19:07   #331
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture of my RXZ - 98 model.

Mostly in stock condition, only tyres upsized.

Rohan
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00504.jpg  

Old 9th June 2010, 21:41   #332
Senior - BHPian

@Sid - Looks very beautiful & its a 90 model isn't it? Looking mint & I hope the front tyres are upsized. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@Rohan - So you too belong to the gang of RX is it? RXZ is little boxy type. Look at the turn lights & footrests & that's what I mean, yet I love its beat & powered better than RX100. Again question to you - Are you getting the parts easily?
Old 9th June 2010, 22:01   #333
BHPian

[quote=aargee;1929236]@Sid - Looks very beautiful & its a 90 model isn't it? Looking mint & I hope the front tyres are upsized. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks aargee...happy that you like it.Frankly,I just exhaused all my money during restoration so,I bought tyre for some days from my friend (whose pulsar was lying in garage)..just a stop gap arrangement.Rims are original yamaha so may in day or two I will change it to Yamaha stock tyre,which suits her best.

Also,putting the original carrier which I got with this Yamaha in place of current grab rail.I personally like to keep the old look and not to modify anything.I will post new pics soon.Keep watching.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:53   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Rohan - So you too belong to the gang of RX is it? RXZ is little boxy type. Look at the turn lights & footrests & that's what I mean, yet I love its beat & powered better than RX100. Again question to you - Are you getting the parts easily?
Yes, even I am not a fan of the boxy looks and sporty stance of the RXZ.

This bike was originally purchased for my elder brother, then passed down to me after 2 years. He chose RXZ because it was the new "in-thing" at that time. If it was my choice, I would have definitely gone for the classic RX 135.

My RXZ has the original silencer, without the cat-con. Its exhaust note is the best music to an enthusiast's ears.

The fact that 2 stroke bikes are no longer produced makes me love my RXZ even more. It has a novelty factor to it and turns heads whenever I take it for a spin.

My usage is very less. Odo reading is less than 40K even after 12 years. So I have never required any spare parts. A few months back, I decided to get a new set of locks for the RXZ, since the original locks had become hard/loose. It was only then that I realised that RX series spare parts are not readily available in the A.S.S.

But because of the demand from enthusiasts who keep restoring old RX bikes, original spare parts can be procured from unauthorised spare part shops. After getting inputs from fellow Team-BHP members, I was able to find the original Minda lock set for RXZ and got it fitted from a friendly neighbourhood mechanic.

Rohan
Old 10th June 2010, 10:05   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was only then that I realised that RX series spare parts are not readily available in the A.S.S
Very very true; just PM me incase you need any help I know its extremely difficult to source for RXZ, but would like not to give up.

Quote:
I was able to find the original Minda lock set for RXZ
Was it a Minda keyset? Does it have a black plastic covered on top of it or the old steel?

Quote:
friendly neighbourhood mechanic
Gives me shivers whenever I hear this
Old 10th June 2010, 10:54   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very very true; just PM me incase you need any help. I know its extremely difficult to source for RXZ, but would like not to give up.
Thanks. Will let you know if I face a problem with spare part availability. Feels good to know that I am in good company of enthusiasts like you.

Quote:
Was it a Minda keyset? Does it have a black plastic covered on top of it or the old steel?
It was a full set of 4 locks (handle/ignition lock, petrol lock, side panel lock and seat locks) operated with same key. They keys are identical to the original keys. They have plastic over steel and YAMAHA written on the plastic on both sides.

Quote:
Gives me shivers whenever I hear this
Even I never take my bike to roadside mechanics. But I was frustrated with the non-availability of the lock set in Yamaha A.S.S. When I raised a query on Team-BHP, many fellow Yamaha owners assured me that changing locks is a very easy job and can be done by a roadside mechanic. Hence I decided to take a chance and really it was just a 30 minute job for the roadside mechanic to change the locks.

Apart from such cosmetic jobs, I would never take my bike to roadside mechanics. I always get the bike serviced at regular intervals at Yamaha A.S.S. only.

Rohan
Old 10th June 2010, 21:38   #337
Senior - BHPian

Here's my bike before the makeover.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_0554.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_0555.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_0556.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_0557.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_0558.jpg  

Old 10th June 2010, 22:44   #338
BHPian

Guys nice to see a Thread for rx series!! being a die hard rx fan,retired motocross rider.still hav them in my stable i am posting my bikes pics!!Njoy
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-firstlove.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-practice.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dirty.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-07012009435.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-my-bikes.jpg  

Old 10th June 2010, 22:53   #339
Senior - BHPian

Here are the 'after' pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00393.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00394.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00395.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00396.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00397.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00398.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00399.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00401.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00402.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc00403.jpg  

Old 11th June 2010, 05:34   #340
Senior - BHPian

Straight6 - Good looking one there with Pulsar forks & disc setup & 2.75X18 in the front, RXZ kicker & clear lens reflector & non Minda doom & the non OE rear suspension - correct me if I'm wrong. Nice to see with a stock chain guard (though I like the one you've right now but it protects the chain) & front fenner mud flap. Tell me, why does the cylinder head seems to have lost the paint or is it my assumption?

@Miki - Your motocross modification with the extended swing arm is provoking me to ask you several questions. Looks like a good work there. Looks to me like the frame at the rear is slightly bent on 7012009435.jpg; is that true?
Old 11th June 2010, 06:36   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Guys nice to see a Thread for rx series!! being a die hard rx fan,retired motocross rider.still hav them in my stable i am posting my bikes pics!!Njoy
Miki, can you tell me from where did you source those head light covers?
Old 11th June 2010, 08:00   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Miki, can you tell me from where did you source those head light covers?
You mean the ones on the 135 with catcon? Those are available locally & they're the RD's imitates. You should be able to source one through your regular mech.

Last edited by aargee : 11th June 2010 at 08:02.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:03   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Here are the 'after' pics.
Nice bike straight6. Please do fix the chrome beeding for the seats and also the chain cover. What is your feedback on the Michelin tire grip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
My Yamaha RX-100

Model :1990
Restored:Oct 2009
Single owner since 1990
Completely stock,no change in appearence,engine etc.
Nice bike. Are not the crash guard misaligned?

Quote:
You mean the ones on the 135 with catcon? Those are available locally & they're the RD's imitates. You should be able to source one through your regular mech.
I'm talking about the black fabric headlight covers. Will check with my mechanic.

I see a modified RX here in Cochin. It has the same headlight fabric with Yamaha written on it. I kind of liked it.

- Jose.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:59   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Straight6 - Good looking one there with Pulsar forks & disc setup & 2.75X18 in the front, RXZ kicker & clear lens reflector & non Minda doom & the non OE rear suspension - correct me if I'm wrong. Nice to see with a stock chain guard (though I like the one you've right now but it protects the chain) & front fenner mud flap. Tell me, why does the cylinder head seems to have lost the paint or is it my assumption?
Thanks. That is the Minda headlight. The rear suspension is also from a type 1 Pulsar which I find a little on the softer side even on the hardest setting. I might try something else after the rains. The kick is from a YBX if I remember correctly.

I prefer the full chain cover but it wasn't fitting properly as it was touching the swingarm so went with this one till after the rains.

The engine and the casing still has to be painted. Left that also for after the rains. I'll replace the casing and then paint it. The mud flap is at home. Will fit it today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Nice bike straight6. Please do fix the chrome beeding for the seats and also the chain cover. What is your feedback on the Michelin tire grip?
- Jose.
Thanks. I'm going to redo the seat again with extra foam. Had got it custom made a year back. This time I'll go with a new base and more foam than last time.

I'm going to put a new swingarm and then the new full chain cover. All this next month.

The Michelin is superb. I've cornered more on this than any other tyre. It really inspires confidence. Even the braking with the disc setup is superb. Any other tyre would probably lose grip under hard braking.

Last edited by straight6 : 11th June 2010 at 10:01.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:00   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is the Minda headlight.
Not to question your knowledge, but I'm sure it is not Minda/Lumax/Fiem. They look different. Though the one your motorcycle is my favourite, the so called "perfectness" ghost inside me doesn't allow me.

Quote:
The kick is from a YBX if I remember correctly.
Could be; I'm a fan of OE.

Quote:
I prefer the full chain cover but it wasn't fitting properly as it was touching the swingarm so went with this one till after the rains.
Well, this will never happen unless your swing arm or the chain guard is not a OE one.

Quote:
I'm going to put a new swingarm and then the new full chain cover. All this next month.
Pls keep me posted, I would like to learn on this. Appreciate if you can do this.

Quote:
Any other tyre would probably lose grip under hard braking.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have this in mind when I opt for a change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks