Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 06:34   #361
BHPian

@Siddarth - Lovely restoration I should say. It looks neat and shining

BTW: Was the rear hand rail came with the extension along with the bike?
Old 15th July 2010, 09:36   #362
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

That's a beautifully restored RX. Can you share the costs incurred by you? What has been done to the head (near the fins) and crankcase area? As Aarge said get Alfa Toyo type RVM, I can see there is a difference between the LH and RH RVMs.

Spike
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-fuel-tank2.jpg  

Old 15th July 2010, 09:51   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Siddharth - Sorry, I some how missed seing this thread. That's a beautiful RX you've there. I hope its completely stock. Did you get it painted or changed the parts? Pls try to get fit the OE Alfa Toyo RVM's to add more beauty. Thanks for sharing.
Dear aargee,

Thanks for your kind words.I literally take care of Yam as my baby and do lot of things to keep it in mint condition.It is absolutely stock since 1990.During last year restoration,I changed everything except Engine,Petrol tank,Chasis(of course!).No work on engine is done so far.

Some moving parts like clutchplates,Brake liners,all rubber kit was changed.Restoration cost was 18k.All parts procured from authorised Yamaha showroom and no compromise on quality.
The paint was Benz black which I got from one of my friend in Merc-Benz.This paint is used while painting E-class.
Restoration took around 2 months.

Hope that you won't mind sharing the difference between OE Alfa Toyo RVM's and existing RVMs?.I bought existing ones from Yamaha dealer.If Alpha Toyo's are better,then in next post you will see that .Thanks for the suggestion..(One more reason for my wifey to get angry- Yamaha 'The Soutan' as she fondly calls her!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
@Siddarth - Lovely restoration I should say. It looks neat and shining

BTW: Was the rear hand rail came with the extension along with the bike?
Thanks Sriram.I have to take lot of efforts to keep it shining.(2 hours every saturday to be precise!)happy that aargee and you recognised that efforts

Yes real hand rail is OEM when I bought the bike and not an added accessory.Many people ask me this as only few Yams have this now.It is very useful and unique on my Yamaha.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:03   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Sid,

That's a beautifully restored RX. Can you share the costs incurred by you? What has been done to the head (near the fins) and crankcase area? As Aarge said get Alfa Toyo type RVM, I can see there is a difference between the LH and RH RVMs.

Spike
Oh man, I must say the best thing which I have done is I am in between such knowledgeble persons of team-bhp.

You guys do not miss anything

1)Some naughty boys have twisted the rubbers in the fins or have taken it out, so the gap is looking bad. This sunday, I will fit those. That is soar spot on my Yamaha I must admit.Thanks. Did I get you correctly or you mentioned something else? Kudos!!

2)Surprisingly, when I bought the RVMs from dealer, it was like that. Let me check it on other bike. However as you and aargee are suggesting, will fit the alpha toyo.

3)Restoration cost was approx.18k, No changes done to engine, Petrol tank so far. Engine was just unscrewed from chasis and then refitted directly after restoration.

If you need details of expenses, I can post the detailed report may be in day or two.

Thanks a ton!

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2010 at 10:07. Reason: Please take time to use proper punctuation, helps in readability. Also Preview the post before submitting. Thanks.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:25   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
1)Some naughty boys have twisted the rubbers in the fins or have taken it out, so the gap is looking bad. This sunday, I will fit those. That is soar spot on my Yamaha I must admit.Thanks. Did I get you correctly or you mentioned something else? Kudos!!

If you need details of expenses, I can post the detailed report may be in day or two.
Sid, I like your vigor for the bike. I noticed those inserts were missing, also have you done any finishing on your crankcase area? It would be nice if you could post details of your expenses.

Spike
Old 15th July 2010, 10:41   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Sid, I like your vigor for the bike. I noticed those inserts were missing, also have you done any finishing on your crankcase area? It would be nice if you could post details of your expenses.

Spike
I avoided the crankcase finishing as this may damage my old setup.I would prefer some touchups by silver paint instead from professional painter.

Do you mean sort of buffering by aluminium granules? Strict no no..I will advise not to try that.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:45   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post

Hope that you won't mind sharing the difference between OE Alfa Toyo RVM's and existing RVMs?.I bought existing ones from Yamaha dealer.If Alpha Toyo's are better,then in next post you will see that .
Siddharth, nice Yamaha you've got there. Stock and absolutely stunning.

For the OEM RVMs the mirror stay is chrome instead of black color, like my bikes http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...n-dsc06392.jpg. These are of Fiem make.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:35   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post

For the OEM RVMs the mirror stay is chrome instead of black color, like my bikes http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...n-dsc06392.jpg. These are of Fiem make.

Thanks,
Jose.
Thanks..Jose
Old 15th July 2010, 15:49   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Jose.
The rear view mirrors for RX100 came with Alfa Toyo make and the mirror stay was black in color as far as I know.

Fiem make might have been plonked in subsequent batch of RX100 produced over the years.

@Sid

Another question: I see you have the butterfly crash guard, was that too OEM came along with the vehicle?

I remember reading that the initial batch of RX100 had this butterfly crash guard.

Last edited by F50 : 16th July 2010 at 07:30.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:57   #370
Team-BHP Support

Seems I am gonna bug a few guys for parts.

Saw a dug up RX-135 4S yesterday. I have quoted 5K and left.

It just has its chassis/engine(due for a rebuild) and tank.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:09   #371
BHPian

@Sriram: I had OEM butterfly crash guard which I bought as accessory but got stolen literally when I gave it for plating.SO,they gave me 'Swastik' guard(You can see the emblem on the right side).Not so good,but I did not have any other option.

OEM was far better than Swastik,but now you do not get those guards in Yamaha showrooms even(sadly!)

BTW,FYI:Today,I changed my Rubber packing and Oil seals for front forks(Rs. 160/-) and Petrol tank cap(Rs.250/-).Rubber inside fuel cap cover was worn out and I could not get the same,so no option than to change the entire set.

Last edited by siddharthp : 16th July 2010 at 18:10. Reason: Wanted to quote answer for sriram but did not happen.
Old 16th July 2010, 19:19   #372
Senior - BHPian

@Sid - I'm impressed with your statement below
Quote:
parts procured from authorised Yamaha showroom and no compromise on quality
I'm one of the few people who don't like procuring non standard parts or from grey market & very few people in TBhp know about this. No wonder your steed is looking real great. Regarding Alfa Toyo mirrors, let me see if I can post a pic of the ones that I've on my motorcycle this weekend.

The reason why Alfa Toyo fits to perfect is because of its small size to the little motorcycle compared to huge RVMS from other makes. Trust me, it not only looks good, but help cover objects in RVM perfectly.

Quote:
OEM was far better than Swastik,but now you do not get those guards in Yamaha showrooms even(sadly!)
Add to that the OE steel ignition keys, rear carrier & OE Rx100 muffler; there're numerous other parts that are not available these days.

Last edited by aargee : 16th July 2010 at 19:20.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:03   #373
BHPian

Hello All,

Did the RX series ever come with an engine kill switch?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:54   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Jose.
To my best knowledge, RX100 never came with engine kill switch, though the same period Rajdoots were having engine kill switch.
Old 17th July 2010, 08:50   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Jose.
no, never. but you can use one from KB or RD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks