Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 16:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rare need....tyres for my yezdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gud4nothin View Post
Yes, they are imports via Grey market. Available in Mumbai too for around 2500.

Can anyone comment on riding experience with these tires as compared to Ceat/ Dunlops.

Anirudha
Don't even try to compare ,Michelins are far far better than the rest . The extra money you spend is worth it .Just go with it eyes closed.
Old 24th October 2011, 21:54   #47
BHPian

LionX: Do they have any other thread pattern than the zapper style in Michelin?
Old 25th October 2011, 17:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
LionX: Do they have any other thread pattern than the zapper style in Michelin?
I haven't seen any other patters in Michelin for that size, had checked 3-4 shops.

Friends, Need a suggestion regarding the color.

I am restoring my 82 Classic for sometime now, and looking for a new color. After Enfield released the Desert Storm, am inclined to that color but in glossy. What is your opinion?

Last edited by LionX : 25th October 2011 at 17:10.
Old 25th October 2011, 19:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I have not checked the model number of the Michelin while buying , but after some online search I found out that the one I got is M45. Attaching a pic from internet now, will post the original pic tonight.

Attachment 613915

Boss, is this tyre a direct fit??? And how is the braking after putting this one on???
Old 25th October 2011, 21:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't seen any other patters in Michelin for that size, had checked 3-4 shops.

Friends, Need a suggestion regarding the color.

I am restoring my 82 Classic for sometime now, and looking for a new color. After Enfield released the Desert Storm, am inclined to that color but in glossy. What is your opinion?
Cheers mate. As for the color, try sticking to the matt finish and now you get a lacquer with a matt finish too. This will give that really nice smooth matt finish.
TuffRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 14:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Boss, is this tyre a direct fit??? And how is the braking after putting this one on???
I am curiuos. why this question, the OEM size is 3.25x16, and the tire size also. Don't see any reason why it is not a direct fit. I have not put it on as bike is getting prepared for painting.

Michelin is well knows for its capabilities, am not worried about its performance.
Old 27th October 2011, 14:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Cheers mate. As for the color, try sticking to the matt finish and now you get a lacquer with a matt finish too. This will give that really nice smooth matt finish.
Do you think it will look good with all the chrome of Classic? My only concern is the tank which has both the sides chromed.
Old 27th October 2011, 23:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Do you think it will look good with all the chrome of Classic? My only concern is the tank which has both the sides chromed.
Chrome and matt do go along, as long as there is more color than chrome. I have a bullet which is painted matt black with the regular chrome and it does look good. Im not too sure about how the tank will look with both the chrome and the matt finish. You can always paint the entire tank.
Old 20th December 2011, 14:33   #54
BHPian

Slightly OT, but anyway:
had a puncture (or so I thought) on a desolate road somewhere between Mulshi and Lonavala. The ride being completely unplanned, I was carrying no puncture kit. Was forced to ride 84km back to Mulshi to a "Punchaar" shop. On the way, stopped at a farm to pull out the tube (always carry a 22 spanner if not anything else ). Turns out the valve had separated from the tube, so it technically wasnt a puncture.

Observation: Puncture kit may not be 100% useful always. Carry spare tube too.

Stuffed grass/hay into the tyre (old trick related by an Ideal jawa test engineer) and rode on.

Lost the hay after about 20km, managed to make Mulshi in 3 hours with the rear tyre almost red-hot and looking like a Hattori Hanzo victim.

Observation: Bad roads and hay in tyre do NOT go well together.

Result: An excuse to change an already worn pair of MRF Nylogrips that had served me well, and thus a new set of Dunlops but with MRF tubes.

Cheers,
Rahul

Oh, and (Dunlop tyre + MRF tube) x 2 = Rs. 3,100 in Bangalore, as of Friday, 16th December 2011.
voodoochild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 14:52   #55
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

Some details please on the shop details in Blore where you procured these tire/tube set from ?
Old 20th December 2011, 15:52   #56
BHPian

Mine were sourced by a friend. On J.C. Road coming from Minerva Circle, turn left at the first signal (Arumugam Mudaliar Road IIRC). Any of the shops on this road would have the tyres. There's an old Sardar's shop on the left side of the road, he'll have them for sure.

Seems like competition is rising amongst the 3.25x16 mfgrs since Michelin's arrived. Anyone know if MRF Nylogrips are now available again?

LionX: Could you provide a review on the M45? How do they perform on cornering and wet roads? Will be picking up a pair soon, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by voodoochild : 20th December 2011 at 15:56.
Old 29th September 2012, 22:16   #57
BHPian

Any idea on the availability of these 16" M45s these days in Bangalore? Price & direct leads please.. JC Road? Are they available in Coimbathore/ Cochin?
Old 13th December 2012, 23:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Mine were sourced by a friend. On J.C. Road coming from
oads? Will be picking up a pair soon, so any feedback would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Any idea on the availability of these 16" M45s these days in Bangalore? Price & direct leads please.. JC Road? Are they available in Coimbathore/ Cochin?
Thank you guys for all the tips, esp. Voodoochild !

I went to the Armugam Mudaliar Road today to hunt for the Yezdi tyres and picked up the Michelin M45's

I searched around ~ 10 shops and most of them had the Ceat tyres in stock, along with Dunlops. MRF not available anywhere. Both are stud pattern tyres. Rate ranges around 1600 ~ 1800 each inclusive of tyre and tube.

The Michelins I picked up for 2600 each (5,200 total) which included a local tube. Pictures attached, incl the details of the shop, the tyres are to be mounted in a reverse manner for front and rear wheel, markings are provided on the tire.

Now hoping to complete my Road King restoration around Jan end !
Attached Thumbnails
Rare need....tyres for my yezdi.-20121213_150809.jpg  

Rare need....tyres for my yezdi.-20121213_151735.jpg  

Rare need....tyres for my yezdi.-20121213_152001.jpg  

Rare need....tyres for my yezdi.-20121213_223428.jpg  

Old 14th December 2012, 20:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The Michelins I picked up for 2600 each (5,200 total) which included a local tube. Pictures attached, incl the details of the shop, the tyres are to be mounted in a reverse manner for front and rear wheel, markings are provided on the tire.
Thanks Nirmal for the post with the pictures, would the Michelins be too soft for the Yezdi? But having used them for my RD they are the best in town for grip.
Also would they gave M35?
Old 16th December 2012, 20:28   #60
BHPian

M45 are now available?Sometime back they were hard to find in local market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks