Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 17:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I'm curious, how does wet conditions affect the visibility of HID's? I've never used one in the rain, so can't really visualize how would it affect.
i'm guessing it's a bit like using normal bulbs in thick fog as opposed to using fog lamps.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I'm curious, how does wet conditions affect the visibility of HID's? I've never used one in the rain, so can't really visualize how would it affect.
@ Praful: It so happens that in rainy conditions the white light dissipates, & it's as good as riding without a light, even if there is on coming traffic at times it does get absorbed by the light beam of the oncoming vehicle. I have experienced this myself in my bro's swift. Whoever I've spoken to are all in favour of 100/90 rather than HID'S, yes on dry roads there is nothing like it, but on wet roads ther is nothing in it. Why do you think people used PHILIPS ALL WEATHER for riany conditions.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 15th September 2008, 19:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

GD ji,

I am completely at a loss. Even with 4300K HIDs? HIDs are avilable in all colors.

And it trumps even 130/100 at every K. I am quite lost as to where you are coming from.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
GD ji,

I am completely at a loss. Even with 4300K HIDs? HIDs are avilable in all colors.

And it trumps even 130/100 at every K. I am quite lost as to where you are coming from.
Sir ji,
What I mean is that people are opting for HID'S for white light correct & then after using it for some time they realise it's deficiencies & then start going lower on the K's for yellow light. I mean to say is if you ultimately have to come back to yellow light why not just settle for GOOD OLD 100/90 lighting. GET MY POINT & don't worry about where I'm from.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 15th September 2008, 22:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha.

I meant where as in your point of view, just a figure of speech.

Infact, I will take what you said around to what is actually true.

At any kelvin, when there's a HID option, why even bother with the 100/90s - at the cost of electricals' reliability? Writing in caps does not make the 100/90s any brighter

PS: Have you used/seen a close friend use HID for long enough period (atleast 10-20k)? The only downside with some is heightened drain periods.

PPS: though yes, I see that your argument is for the bling/poser crowd. Yes for them, a white bulb is cheaper than HID - when all they wanna do is stand out and generally irritate oncoming traffic.

Last edited by phamilyman : 15th September 2008 at 22:39.
Old 16th September 2008, 12:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
@ Praful: It so happens that in rainy conditions the white light dissipates, & it's as good as riding without a light, even if there is on coming traffic at times it does get absorbed by the light beam of the oncoming vehicle. I have experienced this myself in my bro's swift. Whoever I've spoken to are all in favour of 100/90 rather than HID'S, yes on dry roads there is nothing like it, but on wet roads ther is nothing in it. Why do you think people used PHILIPS ALL WEATHER for riany conditions.

CHEERS,
G D
What 'K' HID's does your brother's swift run? I am guessing it must be >5000K.

Still feel that a 4300K HID would be better than a 100/90. Anyways, will have to take your word for it, coz never experienced an HID in rains!
Old 16th September 2008, 12:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

pm manik on bcmtouring about his 4300K hid experience

There are hardly many junta around who have 4300K HIDs. Though even the 5000K stuff is decent.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:00   #38
BHPian

Bro's SWIFT is currently running 4300K( i think), with regards to electrical reliability I don't think there should be any problem. One more point to be seen is that the HID'S take a little time to heat up & so it could create problems while switching between low & high beam.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 7th October 2008, 12:28   #39
BHPian

Hi All,

Last week I changed the stator plate from the stock one to Avenger 180's stator and put a Halonix 55/60w bulb( spare bulb from my car set). Gives very good brightness.

Yesterday while returning from office an Indica was going parallel with me, so I tried to compare the brightness and I realized it almost equivalent!!!!!cheers:

Still, I will be trying out Philips Xtreme Vision or a normal Philips Halogen. Will let you all know about @ the results.

Till then Bye n Take Care...
Safe Driving
Old 8th October 2008, 01:57   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Hi All,

Last week I changed the stator plate from the stock one to Avenger 180's stator and put a Halonix 55/60w bulb( spare bulb from my car set). Gives very good brightness.

Yesterday while returning from office an Indica was going parallel with me, so I tried to compare the brightness and I realized it almost equivalent!!!!!cheers:

Still, I will be trying out Philips Xtreme Vision or a normal Philips Halogen. Will let you all know about @ the results.

Till then Bye n Take Care...
Safe Driving
Hi!
Aren't the bases of a bulb for a car and a bike different ? For the pulsar the bulb is HS1 and for a car it's H4; is H4 = HS1 ??? If it is, then me too follow ur lead and put a H4 bulb in my pulsar 150 DTSi . Please clarify.

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:25   #41
BHPian

Hi Ysablekid,

I dont remember what was the exact specs of the factory fitted halogen of Pulsar, but I sure know that it was a Halonix bulb.

One more thing, I havent done any fitment change. I just removed the original one and fitted it with Philips Xtreme Power H4 55/60w ( not to miss the change of stator plate).

So I guess you can very well change the stator plate and then put Philips Xtreme Power.
One thing I would like to mention. Xtreme Power comes in a pair. You cannot buy a single bulb & the cost is around Rs. 800 for a pair.

I convinced a friend of mine, Infact when I told him abt the mods done, he himself said he would buy the extra bulb & get the stator plate changed.
Old 16th October 2008, 04:08   #42
BHPian

My headlight for the Pulsar DTSI went kaput!! Do any of the TBHPians have any link or can point to me a thread on how to replace the bulb DIY. How to remove the headlight assembly on the 2004 Pulsar DTSI??

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:14   #43
BHPian

Hi Dreamdiesel,

I would like to help ya changing the bulb.
1. Totally there are 4 nuts of size 10, 2 on side & 2 underneath.
2. Using a ring spanner or a normal open spanner remove the underneath ones. Its pain to remove them.
3. To remove the side ones first you'll have to remove the rubber coatings near the indicators.
4. While removing the side ones ensure that you are holding the head light assembly with one hand or your stomach.
5. After removal of nuts, slowly pull the assembly towards yourself.
6. Detach the power cable. You can also do it w/o detaching but got to have everything else close by as you'll always need to hold the assembly
7. Remove the electrical connection, remove the rubber seal, unlock the bulb and change it.
8. After changing the bulb, follow the above procedure reverse ways.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Hi Dreamdiesel,

I would like to help ya changing the bulb.
1. Totally there are 4 nuts of size 10, 2 on side & 2 underneath.
2. Using a ring spanner or a normal open spanner remove the underneath ones. Its pain to remove them.
3. To remove the side ones first you'll have to remove the rubber coatings near the indicators.
4. While removing the side ones ensure that you are holding the head light assembly with one hand or your stomach.
5. After removal of nuts, slowly pull the assembly towards yourself.
6. Detach the power cable. You can also do it w/o detaching but got to have everything else close by as you'll always need to hold the assembly
7. Remove the electrical connection, remove the rubber seal, unlock the bulb and change it.
8. After changing the bulb, follow the above procedure reverse ways.
Thanks a ton dude. Will try to get this done during the weekend
Old 13th November 2008, 14:46   #45

Hey Folks,

Can any one post the snaps of the statis coil location and the if possible philips 60w bulb?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks