Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
Have a query.
I own a Pulsar 200 and I am thinking of using a 200W headlight relay meant for cars and use it in my bike with a 100/90 or 130/90 or maybe even 55/60 bulb from Philips.

Would there be any problem because as far as I know the car's headlight run on DC and not the bike's?
Why do you want 100/90 bulbs. You wont believe how much heat is generated. The pulsar assembly wont take the heat. Like sagarpadaki said it will burn the glass, the reflector, and the wiring. You will end up birning the coil. Get a good 55W halogen.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:52   #62
BHPian

Alright, I'll go for 55/60 but, are you sure that this mod can be done on the Pulsar 200.
I heard it can be performed only on Pulsar 150s or 180s.
Please clear the air for me.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:06   #63
BHPian

^^Please help me out, guys!
Old 7th December 2010, 20:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^Please help me out, guys!

Yes if you have a pulsar 200 running on AC then it can be done without a hitch! go ahead and get it done.Even i was apprehensive like you about this>But took the plunge anyway and the results are great!
Old 7th December 2010, 20:50   #65
BHPian

Also, is there a feasible way to avoid the flickering of headlamp on idle?
I mean putting it directly on battery and switch with ignition?
Old 8th December 2010, 14:11   #66
BHPian

Re: Headlight for Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi

Guys, I asked TCS Bajaj (the only Bajaj Authorized dealer in Faridabad) for the Avenger 180 coil. As usual, they do not have it in stock. They are telling me to place an order and wait for a week or even two to receive it. Please tell me some other place preferably in Faridabad or South Delhi to get this part.
Old 13th December 2010, 22:21   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Headlight for Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi

Quote:
Also, is there a feasible way to avoid the flickering of headlamp on idle?
I mean putting it directly on battery and switch with ignition?

You can connect the headlamp directly to battery(through a relay) or change your setup to DC
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:09   #68
BHPian

P220 DTSi HL upgrade

Sorry for waking up an old thread, but still I am hunting for some info pertaining to this topic.
My brother had always complained of the stock 35W bulb in his P220 with the P180 faring. He did not opt for (like) the HID setup. In a move to upgrade the Headlamp I wanted to know if the coil in the DTS-i & DTS-FI were the same or not? Is it safe to simply swap the 35W H4 with a 55/60W H4.
Many of the bhpians have mentioned lots about the coil upgrade. Yet I am skeptical regarding the rectifier / regulator unit. Will it be able to stand the higher load of about 1.3A?
Thanks in advance for anyone who can share the wiring diagram of P220 DTS-i with the P180 faring.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:11   #69
BHPian

Re: P220 DTSi HL upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Sorry for waking up an old thread, but still I am hunting for some info pertaining to this topic.
My brother had always complained of the stock 35W bulb in his P220 with the P180 faring. He did not opt for (like) the HID setup. In a move to upgrade the Headlamp I wanted to know if the coil in the DTS-i & DTS-FI were the same or not? Is it safe to simply swap the 35W H4 with a 55/60W H4.
Many of the bhpians have mentioned lots about the coil upgrade. Yet I am skeptical regarding the rectifier / regulator unit. Will it be able to stand the higher load of about 1.3A?
Thanks in advance for anyone who can share the wiring diagram of P220 DTS-i with the P180 faring.
Hi Ilangpop,
There are two options you can do.
1. Please check if Avenger 180's & P220's stator plate are identical. If they are you can directly put it and get a 55/60w headlight power. I have done this to my P150. Beautiful spread. You can do this by going to an authorised service station and check out both the service manuals that those guys have. If the pictures of both the stator plate mountings and the connections matches.... BINGO...! Nitin Scooters near Ramanbaug, Narayan Peth is the place where I got it done. Cost of stator plate is INR 500-550 + bulb
2. You can add a relay and then you can might as well put a 90/100w bulb...!
Please let me know which method you opted and what are the results.
Old 1st March 2013, 16:13   #70
BHPian

Pulsar 150 Dtsi AC to DC HID Help

Hey folks, I have the Pulsar 150 Dtsi (2005 Model, Non-Digital). Just yesterday I'd installed the Monster Energy x9 HID Kit for my bike from Lamington Road, Grant Road, Mumbai.
As you know the pulsar has the AC setup for the headlight, which I was told is the headlight not working without starting the bike, the mechanic converted it to DC (just by changing some wiring and he also used the term cutout).
Well, the HID is pretty much awesome and very bright. No complaints about it. Everything went good, but after a 25km ride, suddenly my horn stopped working, and then also the self-start. Also when I use the pass light, it switched off the light after the 25km ride due to the battery drain I guess. After riding the bike for sometime without the HID, my horn started working and so did the selfstart (not as effective as earlier).
What I did was I called my mechanic and he asked me to check for the water in the battery. My battery is just 1 year old and the water level was good. The excide battery guys asked me to charge the battery. My mechanic asked me to charge the battery and then check for the battery charger if its working properly. If not, he would put a customized charger or something like that and if the charger is not working he asked me to replace it.
I do not have knowledge about this so I have no say in it, and nor do I understand the terms so I did what he asked me to. Now I am waiting for the battery to come back from charge as only then I could check if the battery charger is working.
I have searched online and looks like many people who have switched from AC to DC have battery drain issues after installing the HID.
I have been trying to find the solution but there are many techinacal worlds involved which I really don't understand and also too many methods which are confusing, like changing the coil, rectifier etc.
Do u think my mechanic is going in the correct path? Or the problem is something else which he is not able to troubleshoot ?
Many thanks,
Hrishi.
Old 1st March 2013, 20:59   #71
BHPian

Re: Pulsar 150 Dtsi AC to DC HID Help

UPDATE:
I got my battries charged and water level checked. No problem with the battery there.
The battery dude checked with the battery charger, it seemed to work fine until he started the HID. It caused a drop in batter power instead of charging the battery. All this was done after starting the bike and revving it.
Now my mechanic asked me to come meet him tomorrow and he will put an additional charger sought of a thing. I have no idea what he plans to do.
Old 5th March 2013, 22:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
The P220 comes with a Full DC setup. There is absolutely no need to change the coil or rewire anything. Infact, the present P180 is also Full DC. Just swap the 35W with a 55/60W and you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish90 View Post
UPDATE:
I got my batteries charged and water level checked. No problem with the battery there.
The battery dude checked with the battery charger, it seemed to work fine until he started the HID. It caused a drop in batter power instead of charging the battery. All this was done after starting the bike and revving it.
Now my mechanic asked me to come meet him tomorrow and he will put an additional charger sought of a thing. I have no idea what he plans to do.
Is the HID fixed directly to the battery?

I changed my bike from AC to DC around 8 months ago, plonked in a 55/60W bulb. No issues ever since.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 00:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Is the HID fixed directly to the battery?

I changed my bike from AC to DC around 8 months ago, plonked in a 55/60W bulb. No issues ever since.
Well, by what i understand he said that he's put a cut-out. It didnt work very well because it drained by battery. I went to him again and he's put something on the battery. Look at the image, i've highlighted it
It kinda helped me a lot, does not drain my battery. But however, if i start my HID for a less time, say just for a 2mins ride, then it drains the battery.
Is there something wrong with my wiring or what ?
Headlight Upgrade for Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi-img2013030300070.jpg
Old 6th March 2013, 21:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish90 View Post
Well, by what i understand he said that he's put a cut-out. It didnt work very well because it drained by battery. I went to him again and he's put something on the battery. Look at the image, i've highlighted it
It kinda helped me a lot, does not drain my battery. But however, if i start my HID for a less time, say just for a 2mins ride, then it drains the battery.
Is there something wrong with my wiring or what ?
I'm not expert in this. So I'm not going to mislead you by giving you my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks