Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 13:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

@sankar

If your intention is to replace the paper filter, you shoud get this instead.

Uni Photo Gallery
Old 20th September 2008, 14:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^ Foam sheet cut into size would give me less surface area than the pod filter i intend to use. That is why decided against it. I even thought about using K&N panel filter cut into size.
Old 20th September 2008, 19:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
^^ Foam sheet cut into size would give me less surface area than the pod filter i intend to use. That is why decided against it. I even thought about using K&N panel filter cut into size.
What is the use of extra surface area if you will be putting it in an airbox? ultimately airflow will be limited the the size of the airbox hole on the open side.

I used to cut huge holes first in my airbox before, without chnaging the element. saw huge gains, but the edges were not secure with the airbox ( edges of filter and box not matching properly, dust would leak in ). finally made a proper round bolt on filter by myself. running 1.5 years, never had a problem
Old 20th September 2008, 22:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

I will not be putting the airbox cover after the pod is installed. I'm mainly interested in the pipe that goes from the airbox to the carb. I did fit K&N R1100 onto the carb mouth last week, i didn't like the sound it generates. R1100 is too small to fit at the end of the pipe.
Old 20th September 2008, 23:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

I think the K&N will be fine without the box. If you're so concerned, why not get a UNI instead?
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
As for performance difference,a close friend of mine took his brand new stock zma to ladakh in 1st week of september,and according to him it was just losing out on power on steep slopes,he just removed the snorkel from below the seat and bike was performing as if it was on plains
Wow thanks dude looks like you solved a longstanding problem in my zma.. I was thinking of a K&N just to solve this but didnt know what i'll do with the extra airflow in the plains. I'll try removing the snorkel this week end..
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:21   #67
BHPian

Wow!!!

guys!!, your knowledge really has blown me out !!, i mean....you guys can actually build a bike from scratch!! (Indian Chopper !! haha)

ok, me bieng a layman here just enjoyed the discussion (snorkel! - nice term), anyways, booked my zma at fortpoint, will be getting by this weekend.

So i am back looking for opinions, this time "service center". Based on the reviews here, i took my HC to Arya motors, and boy i was satisfied!!

So can someone please suggest a reliable herohonda service center here in mumbai. (have heard a lot of horror stories of parts being ripped off with duplicate ones , and repairs for problems unheard of!!, so i m kinda scared)

Any help would be of great help!!
Thanks again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks