Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 22:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
looks like the post has had its desired result. Streetrage this is just to give you a taste of the thunder. And by the way, once you buy a TB, you may kindly consider changing your personal icon. It looks like a good old Bullet to me.
Hey stupidto...thats not a good old bullet but a 5-speed Bullet Electra with self start and disc brakes.....
Old 16th November 2008, 23:13   #17
BHPian

@streetrage - I would suggest you take a test ride on ThunderBird and a RE Bullet 350 and feel the difference. Thunderbird has some advantages like the gear on the right side, disk brakes, electric start etc.

I had some issues with the electric start of my Thunderbird, it failed few months back. The service people fixed half of it as only the half the spares where available with them . I know it sounds little funny. The clutch cable broke once in a main road, I had to push the bike for some distance.

But as people say, these are some things people learn to live with. Loyal RE fans hate ThunderBird more because it has the gear on the right side unlike other bullets. But I am told that the new twin spark TB is a good buy.
Old 17th November 2008, 00:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post

But as people say, these are some things people learn to live with. Loyal RE fans hate ThunderBird more because it has the gear on the right side unlike other bullets. But I am told that the new twin spark TB is a good buy.
RE Thunderbird has the gear on the left side and std 350 bullet have it on the right side..

anyways thanks for the suggestion
Old 17th November 2008, 10:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
Hey stupidto...thats not a good old bullet but a 5-speed Bullet Electra with self start and disc brakes.....
A Bullet is a Bullet is a Bullet - whether it comes with a disc brake or not, self start or not.
By the way, if a Bullet refuses to start whether it has a self start or selfless start - it will not start. lol. When conditions are right, my five year old daughter can start it.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
I know it sounds little funny. The clutch cable broke once in a main road, I had to push the bike for some distance.
No its not funny when you have to push a heavy bike.

I once had to ride about 35 kms in evening traffic with a busted clutch cable.
yes thats right, RIDE not push.

You need to develop a strong ear for the way your engine sounds in each gear.
The following tips are to taken at your own risk.

Bike in neutral and at a standstill.
Propel yourself forward with as much force as you can while seated on the bike.
A little momentum would have been gained, roughly about 2 or 3 kmph.
With your foot on the gear lever slowly push it down till it slots in place.
Be careful and wait for the gear to fall in place rather than force it in.
Accelerate slowly and slot it into the second.
If your timing is perfect there will be no jerking or stalling.
Its very important that you dont force the gears but just slot them in on there own.
With practise you can master the art of riding w/o a clucth cable.

Not on a regular basis but it helps to be prepared.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:25   #21
BHPian

does this theory apply for the bullet only or for all the other bikes? i have a pulsar 150 dtsi. will try this one out today. hope it works.if it does it will be of great help in emergency.now thats one nice lesson i learned today. thanks a lot
Old 17th November 2008, 17:43   #22
BHPian

@StreeTrage - Sorry about the typo . My bad.

@Sudipto-S-Team - True, sometimes it just refuses to start but sometimes even in a very cold morning it will start on a single kick. But I have noticed that the Bullet normally respects its owner, will start on a single kick if the owner is trying, I do not know the secret though.

@bblost - Thanks a lot for the tip, I will keep this in mind.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i like this... as the gentle man mentioned that he is new to the EnglishLady so that fine. bro call me up number is 9910337897 call between 11am and 2pm will help you find a good TB and where do you live in DELHI?
Hey thank you so much desideep....will contact you whenever i feel like cheers:...i really appreciate that.....btw i live in Old Rajinder Nagar. near Karol Bagh
Old 18th November 2008, 04:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
Hey thank you so much desideep....will contact you whenever i feel like cheers:...i really appreciate that.....btw i live in Old Rajinder Nagar. near Karol Bagh
i have found out another thing that you can buy nice bikes in khanpur. friend of mine is looking at a TB that is a year old for 50K this is one of those recoverd bike for a loan. i havent checked the bike yet
Old 18th November 2008, 09:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
does this theory apply for the bullet only or for all the other bikes? i have a pulsar 150 dtsi. will try this one out today. hope it works.if it does it will be of great help in emergency.now thats one nice lesson i learned today. thanks a lot
This theory/technique should apply for any geared vehicle. But please use it only in an absolute emergency, because here you are taking a risk with the gear box of your vehicle.
I find speed synchronised shifting down without a clutch very difficult.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

@Sudipto-S-Team - True, sometimes it just refuses to start but sometimes even in a very cold morning it will start on a single kick. But I have noticed that the Bullet normally respects its owner, will start on a single kick if the owner is trying, I do not know the secret though.

Even I've experienced it first hand. My bike does not start when someone else tries to start it. It starts so easily when I'm on board
Old 18th November 2008, 17:10   #27
Team-BHP Support

Its a little difficult but not impossible to pull a whealie on a Bullet/Tbird/Machismo/Electra etc.

For a moment forget about gearbox breaking and other mechanical issues
When you slot the gear without pulling the clutch the worst that will happen is a stall on a RE.
Do the same on a Pulsar or better still on a Yamaha (2 strokes) the wheelie will take you by surprise. Be prepared for some interesting lessons in meeting the road up close and personal.

If you fall, you will break something.
It can hurt a lot and keep you from riding for quite some time.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

All you bulleteers I need help. Am looking at picking up a RE for myself and have zeroed in on 3 bikes.

1 - Bullet Standard 1988 model
2 - Bullet Standard 1989 model

Both in mint condition and I aint going by the mileage quoted by owners. Not really bothered about it too. Have taken a ride on both and no issues as such. Got a mechanic to check them and he also swears by their condition.

Just yesterday found a Electra with self start for sale, a 2006 model with 10k on the odo. The owner is quoting 70k, what do you chaps think ?

Is it worth giving this Electra a shot or stick to the standards ? My only gripe about the electra is this Alfonso green color which doesn't suit my taste.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Please put up the photos man

Age is not a deciding factor with Bullets.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
All you bulleteers I need help. Am looking at picking up a RE for myself and have zeroed in on 3 bikes..
Are you bent upon a KA only bike?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks