Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 00:11   #31
BHPian

From what ive made out of this is you love the R15 and its features are exactly what you are looking for , The TBTS comes in question only because the wifey finds it better to sit behind , I personally feel anyone who buys anything from the RE stable buys it only out of the love for the bike which does seem lacking here, So your question is more like how to now patao the wifey
Old 8th January 2009, 15:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Bro, a little off topic. Any reason why you havent considered the Apache RTR or the FZ16? Both bikes are great and better suited for pillion riders.

If the R15 is pulling you so strongly, try to take a test ride with your wife. THat should help you decide as she can also decide if it is comfortable for her or not.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
From what ive made out of this is you love the R15 and its features are exactly what you are looking for , The TBTS comes in question only because the wifey finds it better to sit behind , I personally feel anyone who buys anything from the RE stable buys it only out of the love for the bike which does seem lacking here, So your question is more like how to now patao the wifey
I will double on Vikrut's last sentence. If you really love the R15 try explaining that love to your wife, may be even promise to take her out regularly or something that she would find interesting to know like , "you know if we go out on R15 people will envy us" (women just love that) or you can also say "less maintenance means more saving which comes to better gifts for you". I can knock myself dead with stuff like that but it will be a bit off topic.So go for it mate, You're the man!
Old 8th January 2009, 15:22   #34
Team-BHP Support

Actually its very simple. Tell her you would rather buy the tbts and then talk about all the long rides you will do. Esp in front of your mom in law.

For all you know you will get the R15 as a delayed dowry.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:24   #35
BHPian

i would suggest the R15 over the tbts anyday. not that i have problems with the enfields but R15 is more practical to me personally. anyways since you have an inclination over the yamaha, the only thing left to do is to convince your wife. go for it!!!
Old 8th January 2009, 15:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Bro, a little off topic. Any reason why you havent considered the Apache RTR or the FZ16? Both bikes are great and better suited for pillion riders.

If the R15 is pulling you so strongly, try to take a test ride with your wife. THat should help you decide as she can also decide if it is comfortable for her or not.
Thats a very good point by Sammyboy, an Apache RTR or an FZ16 is a good option. Apache has a good Pillion seat, however the FZ16 appearently doesn't. I am too a bit on the heavier side 5ft 9 and 82 kgs and I chose RTR over P200 just because of the stability and the ride control. I still like the P200 but RTR delivers a power performance, and it is even better to your pocket.I also rode the FZ16 and it didnt suit me because of my heaftyness, looked very small. I could show you the pictures if you want them.So think over it very clearly before making a decision. cheers:
Old 8th January 2009, 16:18   #37
BHPian

R15!!

Nikhil & Sammy : KK is a bit inclined to the R15 and the decision has been made. The RTR or the FZ16 are not in the same league as the R15. Be it looks or power. The RTR i would term as a proper StreetBike whereas the R15 has both the streetbike and sportsbike characterstics.
( Correct me if i'm wrong ).

Cheers!!
Ramesh
Old 8th January 2009, 16:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think Tbts needs more time to stabilize...RE has a habbit of experimenting after the release...so might be next year onwards it would be a good machine to buy.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think Tbts needs more time to stabilize...RE has a habbit of experimenting after the release...so might be next year onwards it would be a good machine to buy.
Yes it might Lohit, but he needs the bike soon, and from the looks of it I don't think he is willing to wait for that time. So get the R15, a good bike altogeather
Old 8th January 2009, 16:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Nikhil & Sammy : KK is a bit inclined to the R15 and the decision has been made. The RTR or the FZ16 are not in the same league as the R15. Be it looks or power. The RTR i would term as a proper StreetBike whereas the R15 has both the streetbike and sportsbike characterstics.
( Correct me if i'm wrong ).

Cheers!!
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh, I completely understand that KK loves the R15, just wanted to check if he had infact given thought on these bikes as well
Looks are subjective, the R15 and others have totally diff looks.
just wanted to state the fact as his wife would also be riding with him and pillion comfort is not really present in the R15.

Anyways, Congratulations if you have made your decision KK,the R15 is an incredible bike, no two opinions about that. I always thought of it as more of a track tool though

Sorry for going off topic. Last post on the other bikes. Promise.

Last edited by sammyboy : 8th January 2009 at 16:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks