Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:16   #31
BHPian

I echo the views expressed by fellow Bhpians here .Too many models with very little differences in displacement are not going to take them too far.Its only going to create confusion among prospective buyers.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:29   #32
BHPian

i guess its time for new generation bikes
not the same 135cc and 150cc stuffs
we already having hundreds of models for eco model in the market and bajaj is keep introducing the 135cc abnd 150cc models
from this buyers getting more confused and they turns to some other brands.
from past 6 months we are waiting for nijna 250R to hit the indian roads and till today there is no news about it.
i am sure that lots of tbhpians are eagrly waiting for sometiming new to the indian roads like ninja 250R.

bajaj must stop introducing those DTS-i models and think about something better to reach back to their old ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
I echo the views expressed by fellow Bhpians here .Too many models with very little differences in displacement are not going to take them too far.Its only going to create confusion among prospective buyers.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ Nitin,

I found these pics on the net. Source Google and copyrights goes to the respective owners.
Attached Thumbnails
New Bajaj motorcycle on 21 Jan, five more later in the year-bajajxcd135web_657x491.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2009, 15:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

lol I cant make out one from the other these days . THe only ones I recognize are Pulsar, R15, FZ16, RTR and the Karizma in the sub 225 cc range
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think that the next two wheeler from Bajaj will be a gearless scooter. One more disaster.
And some more specualtion on the Nijna and KTM bikes.
1) Here is the source of the news for Scooter.
Source :
Bajaj Auto plans gearless scooter

I feel really bad that Bajaj has really lost the brain it had once. May be Josheph Abraham is no longer with the company.
Their earlier trials with this gearless scooter segment were Wave and presently its Kristal. We have Kristal at home ( Dont comment on Spirit, I had one and I have overhauled the engine myself ).
Wave had the same useless leading link front suspension, and Kristal is a bad vehicle. There are great features, etc, but we had to replace the fuel pump once because it went bust. The dealership service center told that its good we did not have fire.
Its just getting more and more ridiculious. I hope Bajaj goest to Kawasaki again to let them design the new bikes which are like Caliber and Wind 125 ( two arguably the best bikes IMO ).

Article :
Quote:
New Delhi, Bajaj Auto Ltd is considering launching a gearless scooter by next year. The company�s Chief Executive Officer, Mr S. Sridhar said, �We are looking to launch a light sports scooter some time next year.�

He indicated that it could be a gearless scooter with an engine capacity in the range of 100-150 cc.

The company on Wednesday launched XCD 135 bike in the executive segment priced at Rs 45,000. Bajaj Auto also said it will launch high-end bikes in collaboration of its partners such as Kawasaki and KTM.

High-end bikes

�The Kawasaki Ninja 250 will be launched soon by May or June and was likely to be priced above Rs 2 lakh,� Mr Rajiv Bajaj, the company�s Managing Director, said at the launch.

Bajaj Auto is also developing two bikes with engine capacity above 125 cc with its Austrian partner KTM which is expected to be launched next year. �We would also assemble bigger bikes such as Duke at our facility,� Mr Bajaj said.

Pantnagar plant

The company expects to reach full capacity at its Pantnagar plant to 60,000 units a month, up from the current 30,000 units over the coming five-six months. The company�s domestic sales declined 21 per cent during April-December in the current financial year.

As a strategy to increase its sales which has been impacted by limited availability of finance on auto loans, Mr Sridhar said, �Our sister company Bajaj Auto Finance extends loans on our 25,000 bikes a month. The goal is to double it in the next few months. But it will take time to reach out to wider customers.�
2) Here is the news about Kwacker and KTM. I hope its 18 weeks rather than months.
Source :
Bajaj to launch KTM, Kawasaki bikes in 18 months

Article :
Quote:
NEW DELHI: Pune-based Bajaj Auto
is planning to add two international brands � Kawasaki and KTM � to its portfolio and will launch several new bikes
to revive its market share in the next 12-18 months.

The company kick-started its rollout roster with an all-new XCD 135 DTS-Si bike, priced at Rs 45,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) in the fast-growing executive segment. Bajaj Auto will launch sports bike Ninja 250 from technology partner Kawasaki�s stable in May.

It will introduce a few motorcycles from Austrian firm KTM next year.

It is also jointly developing some bikes with KTM for the Indian market that will hit the road subsequently. Bajaj owns nearly 30% stake in KTM.

"While the Kawasaki Ninja will be introduced as a completely-built unit, we will assemble KTM�s bigger bikes, like the Duke and RR, at our Chakan facility. Their introduction has been delayed a bit. We are also developing two bikes with engine capacity above 125cc with KTM that will hit the market next year," Bajaj Auto MD Rajiv Bajaj said.

Bajaj, which has witnessed a drastic drop in sales over the past few months, is now banking on new products to regain marketshare. It plans to launch as many as six new two-wheelers in the next nine months.

"We don't want to be on top in sales. We want to be a niche player and have laid an ambitious plan to launch new products to tap new segments for Bajaj products and gradually increase our sales tally. We will be launching few more products based on the DTS-Si platform for the mass market to achieve monthly sales target of 70,000 units, while the international brands will meet high-end market needs," Bajaj Auto CEO S Sridhar said.

Mr Bajaj said that the ultra-low-cost car, which it is developing jointly with French major Renault, is on track and will debut, along with the Lite cargo truck that is also under development, in 2011.

"Work on the engine and the gearbox for the car is underway but other work related to the vehicle is yet to be completed," he added.

Bajaj Auto has been experiencing a rough ride with December sales of only 62,043 units � one of its lowest tallies in the past decade. It has seen sales sliding in the last quarter of 2008. In September, sales dipped by 3% in the domestic market followed by a 50% drop in October and a 53% decline in November.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

I feel this headlamp should have gone on the Pulsar. But then, Bajaj won't take any chances with it.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:36   #37
BHPian

Loud Horns

Whatever they do, they should discontinue with loud horns on their bikes.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:52   #38
SuperSyn

No, the XCD-135 is supposed to replace the Discover series. Discover will eventually be discontinued. However the bike does not appear to have a tachometer. So much for the sportiness then.

They have't even bothered to update their website so it is difficult to compare the specifications. But so far: Discover's engine+5 speed gearbox+ XCD's chassis+different cosmetics==XCD-135. I guess this is a little better than Munjal Honda's sticker jobs.

Bajaj are planning their next two launches around April and July months. Ninja is above 2 Lakh as confirmed, so they won't sell more than a couple hundred of those in the entire year.

Old 22nd January 2009, 17:57   #39
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreddy View Post
Whatever they do, they should discontinue with loud horns on their bikes.
Be serious. Horns are meant to be signals and command attention. Perhaps you have experienced some after market Stebel horns.

Old 22nd January 2009, 18:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well well, the articles give the time for the launch of the Kawa 250 as May or June . ** fingers crossed** I just hope they really do that this time.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:53   #41
BHPian

BTW i hope you guys noticed the price tag of the baby ninja - the article said above 2lakhs. so that finally should lay to rest all the speculation. afterall we've heard some *dreamy* figures of 1.4 - 1.6lakhs in the past!

the other point to be noted for most here is bajaj working on (smaller?) bikes with KTM for the indian market.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Finally,the news we've all been waiting for! Rs 2 lakhs might be on the higher side for a lot of people looking to upgrade from the 100cc segment. Superb bike,none-the-less!One of the easiest & fun-filled bikes to ride,in the lower cc range.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
BTW i hope you guys noticed the price tag of the baby ninja - the article said above 2lakhs. so that finally should lay to rest all the speculation. afterall we've heard some *dreamy* figures of 1.4 - 1.6lakhs in the past.
They are saying its a CBU! That's crazy. How much would it cost to assemble it here and save big $$$.
Old 22nd January 2009, 23:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They are saying its a CBU! That's crazy. How much would it cost to assemble it here and save big $$$.
Probably they want to test the waters through the CBU. If it generates a decent demand, then may be they will start assembling.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:47   #45
BHPian

@supersyn "Discover's engine+5 speed gearbox+ XCD's chassis+different cosmetics==XCD-135".

This was a really good one.Just fell off my chair laughing dude.Really feel bajaj is outdoing itself with each new model launch, in 'Remixing' skills

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 23rd January 2009 at 00:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks