Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 23:35   #16

Re: Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
The following spare parts are available for the jawa/Yezdi

========
I am willing to help , if any one of you needs these parts
Are any of these parts still available ??

I would be interested. Do let me know.
Old 4th August 2011, 23:07   #17

I am wondering the same thing: I'm most likely about to get a 1973 Jawa (353 I think, in other words, the 250cc Jawa that you see every so often here in Bengaluru), and it will need replacement clutch/brake levers and the original tailight (it has the Yezdi one now, ugh. . .)
So any of you Bangaloreans want to assist me in going to the right places? I'm sick and tired of dealing with the folks in Shivajinagara (I have a Vijai Super also, and it seems more economical to get spares in Coimbatore for that one, considering the cost of things up here). So I guess either alternative spares or (gasp, I'm dreaming) where to get the parts actually made for the darn thing. Or if any of you Malayalis on this thread happen to know of places in Ernakulam or Thirvananthapuram, I may well end up with the bike (and myself) down in that area at some point in the future.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Where r u from in Mumbai? Which Bike do u own and for what all spares are you looking for>

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 16th November 2011, 18:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

The following JAWA parts are for sale -

1). 2 Jikov unused NOS carbs
2). Fish type NOS seat plate
3). Front and rear mud gaurds NOS
4). Magnet cover NOS
5). Petrol Tank Used

Incase any one needs them please let me know.

Thank you

Indrojit Sircar
+91-9999134005
Old 1st May 2012, 17:00   #20
BHPian

Where can i get the carb cover for my jawa ?! I am desperately looking for one.
Old 1st May 2012, 20:27   #21
BHPian

Its available in mumbai where are you located
Old 28th December 2012, 11:48   #22

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a-Spares.html/

There are lot of OE spares available with him.I am getting most of spares from him for my restorations.
Old 30th December 2012, 11:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
And idea about where I can get a set of tyres for my Yezdi TypeB (3.25 16 inch). I had bought a brand called Speedway. And believe me they suck, big time!!! Are CEAT and MRF tyres still available???

If you are still looking then would like to mention, I bought new pair of 16.25 -32 tyres from Dunlop Uni -Grip (Nylon) in Mumbai, for my restoration project of Yezdi250 CL II.
Old 30th December 2012, 18:32   #24

Restoring Yezdi 250 classic II

Hi,

I have recently purchased an yezdi 250 CL, which was standing in our neighbourhood for some 7 years or more and is really in bad shape. I am sure it can be restored and so wanted to check if fellow BHPians ( Specifically Jawa abd Yezdi Fans) can help with reliable auto parts supplier in around Mumbai suburbs or in Maharastra. I am not sure if I can find original manufactured parts now, so your help with other sources / compatible parts will help. I am attaching current picture of this vehicle, which suggest serious restoration to replace atleast below parts. I am sure this can fixed to a descent shape and one bike will be saved from scrap yard. Also it would help to know if there are any good mechanic or trusted Yezdi repair shops around Mumbai suburbs. It is wish to fix it myself.

Wheel Rim 16.25 -32 both
Spokes (available in mumbai)
Chain Cover
Headlight assembly
high Handle
Front break line/cable
Seat plate
Tail light case and cover
Side Indicators
Ignition Switch
Speedometer
Handle mounted multiple switches(Headlight,horn, indicators)
and probably chain, bearings and not sure how is the engine from this neglect and corrosion from rain for last several years.

Currently this motorcycle is very rusted, so wheels, handle, does not move and also it seems fuel tank and its rubber collar has rusted to some great degree. Seat plate is beyond any repair.

Plan is to dismantle each and every part to assess more internal damage and get list of parts that need replacement and other items that can be fixed or restored.

Looking forward to get positive and helpful response from fellow Yezdi and Jawa fans.

Thanks,
Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi-yezditoberestored-front.jpg  

Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi-yezditoberestored.jpg  

Old 30th December 2012, 21:09   #25
BHPian

Re: Restoring Yezdi 250 classic II

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your acquisition.

What you have in your hands is not just any ordinary machine. I can vouch for a yezdi / Jawa that has been standing in one place even for 15 years and it still has a lot many years left in it. Bikes worse than the one that you have in your hands have been successfully restored.

One small piece of advice - do your own study of the bike and act accordingly. Mechanics and other "enthusiasts" will always be there to tell you what you don't know but please do whatever homework you can do about the bike.

There a aplenty forms on the internet and Google gods will guide you wherever you get stuck. If google gods dont help you, our very own team bhp has a lot of active enthusiasts having either a yezdi or a Jawa. Just ask for help and you will get it. Plus, Facebook too is extremely active regarding Y/J.

Now coming to your bike, I see that it is a CL II although you mentioned its a 250 Classic. Check the engine numbers and you can make out from the same. If it mentions IJ - CL2 - 250 - XXXXXXX its a yezdi CLII for sure.

All the parts that you mentioned above are available. I wont say "easily available" but yes, they are available if you search in proper places. You can go through my thread in the Vintage - Post war section for any help if needed.

First make an audit of the bike as to what is useful and throw away what is not. Then you can make a list of needed items and start procuring. I will be hooked on to this thread now.

All the best for your restoration.
350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 22:44   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_18HP View Post
Hi,

I have recently purchased an yezdi 250 CL, which was standing in our neighbourhood for some 7 years or more and is really in bad shape.
Wheel Rim 16.25 -32 both
Spokes (available in mumbai)
Chain Cover
Headlight assembly
high Handle
Front break line/cable
Seat plate
Tail light case and cover
Side Indicators
Ignition Switch
Speedometer
Handle mounted multiple switches(Headlight,horn, indicators)
and probably chain, bearings and not sure how is the engine from this neglect and corrosion from rain for last several years.

Looking forward to get positive and helpful response from fellow Yezdi and Jawa fans.

Thanks,
Ravi
Congratulations on your new buy. This seems to be a later version of the Yezdi Classic with the stickers on the fuel tank and the two tone colour scheme.
I would suggest you also try and get a donor bike from which you can get many of the spares.
Being stationed in Mumbai, the Chor Bazar Opp. J.J. Hospital is a good place to get your requirements.
Recently in Kolkata, I had seen some salvaged Yezdi spares in the Mullick Bazar market.Most of the time they have these spares from scrapped bikes.

Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi-dsc04310.jpg

Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi-dsc04308.jpg

I am sure you will not face much problems while acquiring the needed spares, as there are still many Jawa/ Yezdi enthusiasts around.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th December 2012 at 23:01.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 22:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition. The things you want to restore are mostly cosmetic items and i am sure all those would be available.
Do assess the engine status first after opening it up.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 16:27   #28

All the Jawa Yezdi parts are available now days all over India. Please have look in FB-3 bikers, Spares wala, ONE STOP FOR JAWA YEZDI SPARES ANY ONE SELL OR BUY, pages. You will most of the spares what you need.
shankarggp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 20:10   #29
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the family. You don't have to worry about the parts as they are available without much struggle atleast in bangalore. I have recently completed my 82 classic restoration which was in a similar condition of yours and got most of the parts from JC road, bangalore.

Its not tbhp ready yet hence not posting the pics.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 04:53   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy. This seems to be a later version of the Yezdi Classic with the stickers on the fuel tank and the two tone colour scheme.
I would suggest you also try and get a donor bike from which you can get many of the spares.
Being stationed in Mumbai, the Chor Bazar Opp. J.J. Hospital is a good place to get your requirements.
Recently in Kolkata, I had seen some salvaged Yezdi spares in the Mullick Bazar market.Most of the time they have these spares from scrapped bikes.

Attachment 1032805

Attachment 1032806

I am sure you will not face much problems while acquiring the needed spares, as there are still many Jawa/ Yezdi enthusiasts around.
Thanks, Yes I plan to visit opp JJ hospital, just to get the feel of that market and anything I can get for this motorcycle.

Thanks for your encouragement and listing various options to look for needed parts. Mumbai and Bangalore are good option. I have been told by relative that Yeola Maharastra has still lot of Yezdi running around.

I have dismantled panels and panel covers and found heavy rusting under the seat, rear mudguard, Battery box is half gone and carborator side is better. It appears that petrol tank has some serious rusting around rubber collars of both side as tank seems to be having water :(. Next task is to dismantle all parts and take a look at the chasis, as it seems rear end of chasis under the seat has lost more than an inch of metal. I am also checking with an senior citizen who knew few dealers of Ideal Jawa parts around Mumbai and Maharastra.

Thanks again, will keep posting updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your acquisition.
Now coming to your bike, I see that it is a CL II although you mentioned its a 250 Classic. Check the engine numbers and you can make out from the same. If it mentions IJ - CL2 - 250 - XXXXXXX its a yezdi CLII for sure.

All the parts that you mentioned above are available. I wont say "easily available" but yes, they are available if you search in proper places. You can go through my thread in the Vintage - Post war section for any help if needed.

All the best for your restoration.
Thanks for your encouragement and listing various options to look for needed parts. Mumbai and Bangalore are good option. I have been told by relative that Yeola Maharastra has still lot of Yezdi running around.

I have dismantled panels and panel covers and found heavy rusting under the seat, rear mudguard, Battery box is half gone and carborator side is better. It appears that petrol tank has some serious rusting around rubber collars of both side as tank seems to be having water :(. Next task is to dismantle all parts and take a look at the chasis, as it seems rear end of chasis under the seat has lost more than an inch of metal. I am also checking with an senior citizen who knew few dealers of Ideal Jawa parts around Mumbai and Maharastra.

Thanks again, will keep posting updates

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd January 2013 at 06:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks