Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

For all I know of Bajaj and the Pulsars, I think this will be a 225cc. Have learnt not to expect anything more from them.
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
For all I know of Bajaj and the Pulsars, I think this will be a 225cc. Have learnt not to expect anything more from them.
and what are you expecting from HH, honda, yamaha, TVS, suzuki?
Old 5th June 2009, 08:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I don't care about the cubic capacity as long as it is a fun and well powered bike to ride!
Old 8th June 2009, 11:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Relax, guys. I just want to know why it has to be a Pulsar again. We already have 4 clones.

And no, I don't expect much from the other guys either. I was pleasantly surprised with the FZ-16 not so much with the overpriced R-15.

When I don't expect anything from these guys and they do bring in a package, like I said, I am pleasantly surprised.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:13   #50
BHPian

The fastest indian motorcycle means The Bajaj Pulsar 220 non dtsi, yes you read it right.
The fuel injection is out and the carburreter is in and for good. its making more horse power and the pre production version is hitting speeds in excess of 145kmph.
Hence the claim.

Courtesy
Company sources
Old 8th June 2009, 14:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

145kmph.. interesting but what about the stability at that speed ? most indian bikes are all over the place once they hit 100 +

rev
Old 8th June 2009, 14:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The fastest indian motorcycle means The Bajaj Pulsar 220 non dtsi, yes you read it right.
The fuel injection is out and the carburreter is in and for good. its making more horse power and the pre production version is hitting speeds in excess of 145kmph.
Hence the claim.

Courtesy
Company sources
You meant Pulsar 220 with no FI, didn't you? Or is it an whole new engine with no DTSi and no FI?
Old 11th October 2011, 18:41   #53
BHPian

Re: New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes

It seems Pulsar is going for a complete makeover and coming up with monoshocks!!

full news at:
Biking: GenNext Pulsar to rock the market? - Rediff Getahead
Old 11th October 2011, 18:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the test bikes a couple of times, as they whizzed past on the opposite side of the road. My first impression was, they appeared quite a bit diminutive with elements of FZ in it.
Old 12th October 2011, 11:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I have seen the test bikes a couple of times, as they whizzed past on the opposite side of the road. My first impression was, they appeared quite a bit diminutive with elements of FZ in it.
If possible, please take pics next time. Arent there any scoop pics available in any of the forums?
Old 12th October 2011, 11:35   #56
BHPian

I saw the new Boxer 150 in Bangalore today. I didn't realize it was already on sale here. The bike looked like a rugged bike suitable for the rural market, although I wonder if people who are used to the splendors and Passions will be willing to buy a 150cc bike. The bike did resemble the old Boxer a lot, although it seems like a completely new bike.
Old 12th October 2011, 11:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
If possible, please take pics next time. Arent there any scoop pics available in any of the forums?
I will try. But its quite late that I what was it that zipped past on the opposite side of the highway, especially around 8-8.30 AM or thereabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The bike looked like a rugged bike suitable for the rural market, although I wonder if people who are used to the splendors and Passions will be willing to buy a 150cc bike.
Why wouldnt they ? Its priced like a 100cc bike only and comes with a rugged metal carrier. I think people have stopped caring for a couple of kms in lost FE, since the tradeoff is better power and rideability.
Old 12th October 2011, 12:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Why wouldnt they ? Its priced like a 100cc bike only and comes with a rugged metal carrier. I think people have stopped caring for a couple of kms in lost FE, since the tradeoff is better power and rideability.
Trust me, it's not easy to break the dominance of the Splendors and Passions in the rural market. For them, Hero Honda is the only company that makes reliable bikes. All else are bikes just for the youth. 100cc is the correct cubic capacity for a bike. 150cc is too dangerous and is meant only for the young and restless. This is the reason Hero Motors continues to be the number one in the country just by selling their 20 year old Splendor and Passion bikes. The remaining bikes contribute for very less in their total sales. I tried convincing a few of my relatives/ friends to buy something other than those bikes but in the end they ended up buying a Passion or a Splendor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks