Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 12:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Get rid of the oil pump cable if you do not use an oil pump. Engine will look lot better I have done the same, takes hardly 5 mins to remove the cable. throttle also becomes lighter!
Old 30th October 2009, 14:04   #32
BHPian

To be very honest with you furioussphinx

The paint job isnt good at all. You could have done something better. And if this bike is going to develop in to a cafe racer with this paint job, you are on your way to make something hideous.

But I wish to suggest you with a video from youtube. Someone out there has made a Cafe Racer out of an RD350, why dont you try something similar??

And if you feel like trying a twin exhaust will make a lot of sense on an RD350 not on an RX135 so I would suggest you stick to the single exhaust.

Check out this video.

Old 30th October 2009, 15:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yes, frankly the paint job is very sloppy. The price for such a job is way too high. This paint job should've hardly costed 1k.

Don't paint the monograms, and other chrome parts such as pedals, gear lever, key areas, etc. The wheels are rusted, which is probably why they are painted. Anyways, change the spokes with shiny ones.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy1989 View Post
Hi Sagar,

Just a couple of points from my side.I would love to see the seat to be done a little differently.basically I feel if the front portion of seat is cut a little more to create a deeper hump,that should look better.( Again,thats what I feel).
The stock speedometer looks good but maybe your bike will look better with a single meter...or maybe you are already thinking of getting a digital meter & that will look good on your bike.

Must say that the rear view mirror looks really good and gives the bike that 'mean' look.
Would want to see the Enfield taillight.If you can post some pics..

Hows FZ handlebar,hows the overall feel of it?Also,how much did the disc conversion and forks cost you? Do you think with a disc brake the normal skidding problem on an RX increases?

Also,with porting,wouldnt that decrease the engine life?

After seeing your bike pic yesterday,I spotted a 5 speed 135 on the road with expansion chamber.And that bike had some speed!!! So I can well imagine the performance of your bike now.

I know I am putting in a lot of questions for you,but your bike looks so good that I can incorporate some of the mods on my bike too!!!
Hey buddy, yes the seat can be shaped a bit but I recently bought this new seat and its nice and firm. Dont want to disturb its originality incase something goes uneven in the making. No issues as of now.

I wanted to go for a single pod speedo, of the avenger or something else but it will easily cost above 2k and and I felt it silly to spend so much on a speedo when I can use that same money to make my bike go faster lol. Digital? No ways! Lol, I later thought of putting a sigma meter. But lets see, some day it might just be strapped onto my handlebar.

Will post better pics of the rear once its complete. Now the taillight it literally hanging off one side (Only one hole is fixed).Once my bike is fixed back after the race, ill fix the lamp and number plate and post the finale.

I wanted a flat handlebar so that I could have a leaning position and push some of my shoulder weight onto the front end of the bike. Keeping the power in mind, this thing is prone to wheelies even in the 3rd gear. So I had to do whatever possible to keep the front down keeping the handling aspect in the mind parallely too. I had 3 options, FZ, RD, and the RE clubman. The RD and clubman and a little curved and longer. A pain in taking U-turns and in city plus, you need to put stoppers to prevent them from touching the tank, if in case they do i.e. It gives a curvy feel, good for cafe racers. This FZ had the apt length. It did not touch the tank and the turning radius isnt affected either. And the stance is awesome now. Inspires confidence.

I bought the entire front end setup from a 2 wheeler 2nd hand parts shop for 3k. That included the fork stem, barrels, disk and caliper. The cone set was faulty and had to get a few other stuff to fit it. Small mechanical bits. I spent probably another ~1.3k for the necessary spares, labour, etc.

No, I feel for this power, disk brakes are mandatory. Initially without disks, I used to skid at every signal Now it has significant stopping power and I can slow down much quicker from triple digit speeds. No skiddings at all! Its crisp and the bite is perfect. I go quite hard on brakes, quite obvious for my aggressive riding style, on tarmac, its a boon. But on sand and loose gravel, it skids, but now, thats because of the tires.

It does decrease the life accepted. But its not something that we need to bother much about. I would rather have a quick rocket which lasts for 50k kms than a slow commuter which lasts for 80k kms. Ok am sure about the kms but trust me, you wouldnt be bothered about it for the kind of fun you get. Building the engine is much cheaper for these bikes too

My baby maxs out its speedo in about 700mtrs which ends at 140, sweet? Oh now lets not talk about speedo errors etc Am talking about the kick you get when you see your speedo's needle all way round.

Sure thing man, feel free to ask any help. And looking forward to see your bike being done up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Get rid of the oil pump cable if you do not use an oil pump. Engine will look lot better I have done the same, takes hardly 5 mins to remove the cable. throttle also becomes lighter!
I dont use the oil pump. I find it like a gamble I prefer premix. Hmm thanks for the tip, I have only disconnected the tube. Now ill get rid of that pump itself :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
To be very honest with you furioussphinx

The paint job isnt good at all. You could have done something better. And if this bike is going to develop in to a cafe racer with this paint job, you are on your way to make something hideous.

But I wish to suggest you with a video from Youtube. Someone out there has made a Cafe Racer out of an RD350, why dont you try something similar??

And if you feel like trying a twin exhaust will make a lot of sense on an RD350 not on an RX135 so I would suggest you stick to the single exhaust.

Check out this video.

YouTube - Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer.
Yes mate, the paint job I accept is very shabbily done. Will be getting it done again when I get time after my exams. Now the agenda is like mechanical work with electrical. Get the bike all set and finally the paintjob.

no man, the cafe racer idea has been dumped ages ago. This bike is going to look just as it is now. Nothing more or less apart from a better paintjob. I would never get a cafe racer done in matte black even if I was building one.

Why would I even think of putting in a twin exhaust man? I dont remember mentioning that anywhere either! I just wanted an EC with ONE exhaust and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Yes, frankly the paint job is very sloppy. The price for such a job is way too high. This paint job should've hardly costed 1k.

Don't paint the monograms, and other chrome parts such as pedals, gear lever, key areas, etc. The wheels are rusted, which is probably why they are painted. Anyways, change the spokes with shiny ones.
Hey Gordon, the paint used here is DuPont and he did a quick shoddy job. Will be getting 3 coats done with the same paint again and this time, ill stay over and watch the work being done too. Its just over time my friend

I wanted the whole bike to be black, including the monograms and everything except the fork part and HL. Personal choice you can say. The front spoke is a new one and the rear was a little rusted. Got those also black, again personal opinion, I love black spokes
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:31   #35
BHPian

since uve got joel guiding u in this i dont think i need to give u any suggestions . cosmetically id suggest a 350 eletra tail light and an RXZ speedo tacho .
Old 8th November 2009, 17:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
since uve got joel guiding u in this i dont think i need to give u any suggestions . cosmetically id suggest a 350 eletra tail light and an RXZ speedo tacho .
Well basically, its my mechanic who is helping me out and Joel just made the chamber.

Right now the bike is stripped down and modded a bit for the autocross. Will be reverting back to street or if I have cash, strip it even more for the drag race. Am actually very very tempted to convert my bike into a total motocross bike.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:00   #37
BHPian

My bike is up for sale. Here is the concerned thread.

Team-BHP Classifieds - Radically modified street Yamaha RX-150 5speed - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:39   #38
BHPian

Yam 135 will remain the same. you cannot make it a super bike. Restore it to its original and ride. Get yourself a superbike when u make the bucks. Speaking out of my experience. May be if you want pimp it up by a paint job, shocks and discs. But it aint gonna ever match a super bike. All the best. No hard feeling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks