Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2015, 17:08   #2131
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
That is exactly what was done on my Tbird500 wherein they removed the fuel tank and checked and repaired the breather pipe. Post this the problem just disappeared. This is the beauty of TeamBHP the problems listed has precise solutions which helps one and all.
Update: gave my bike to P.R. enterprises for service and to sort this problem out. They resolved it well and said it was due to a loose connection at the clutch switch. Idling speed has also come down, bike starts in the first kick again
Old 29th December 2015, 09:27   #2132
BHPian

While i was polishing my bike, i found this near the central stand. Suspect this should be the rubber bush of some screw/nut. can someone help me in identifying where this should be stuck into please?
Royal Enfield Queries-img_2191.jpg
Old 29th December 2015, 10:34   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
While i was polishing my bike, i found this near the central stand. Suspect this should be the rubber bush of some screw/nut. can someone help me in identifying where this should be stuck into please?
Attachment 1454061
Is this from a bullet 500? If yes, its from the back rest. Check the ends.
Old 30th December 2015, 10:28   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Is this from a bullet 500? If yes, its from the back rest. Check the ends.
Great eye for details! absolutely correct . thanks.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:02   #2135
BHPian

Dear Gurus,

As my ride nears its 4th year, the itch to customize is surely growing in me. Its a 2012 Desert Strom and apart from the RD 350 replica handle bar change, its pretty much stock.

Recently while browsing thru Aliexpress I stumbled upon this headlight unit.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-Mot...334826724.html

This is for Harley, but I have seen a similar one fitted on another bullet. He was speeding past us so could not ask / get further details. When I found the same on Aliexpress I thought of getting it fixed. But before I order it I wanted to seek opinion from the forum.

The product seems to be plug and play. it measures around 7" in dia, the same as the bullet's headlight. One of the pictures suggests the fitting method by removing the outer ring, and replacing the reflector etc with this piece and fitting the ring back to hold everything in place. Can any of our forum members who has done a headlight mod comment on how easy / difficult this process might turn out to be? How about wiring? This light has an inbuilt angel eye halo that can glow either white or amber depending on what wires get connected. Your expert inputs would definitely help me decide the way forward. I really liked this and hoping it to be a DIY.

The price comes to around Rs10k shipped from China. Is there any shop in India I could get this from? I live in Kerala, so suggestion of shops that sell it online would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your inputs guys.

Regards
Bugs
Old 30th December 2015, 17:51   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Recently while browsing thru Aliexpress I stumbled upon this headlight unit.
Looks cool. Power rating is also only 36W. Your RE's overloaded battery will thank you for it.

Just one pointer from my side - the speedometer cable is totally non bendable and non movable. If you try to bend it to accommodate a LED headlamp with a heatsink or this sort of a unit, just make sure you have enough clearance. Else your speedo will get spoilt in no time.
Old 30th December 2015, 18:01   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Looks cool. Power rating is also only 36W. Your RE's overloaded battery will thank you for it.

Just one pointer from my side - the speedometer cable is totally non bendable and non movable. If you try to bend it to accommodate a LED headlamp with a heatsink or this sort of a unit, just make sure you have enough clearance. Else your speedo will get spoilt in no time.
Thanks for the pointer 'outofthebox'. I'll sure keep that in mind.

Regards
Bugs.
Old 30th December 2015, 18:19   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
You get the same unit at a2z motorcycle superstore(Mumbai) also. Check its FB page they had some offers too recently.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 20:51   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
You get the same unit at a2z motorcycle superstore(Mumbai) also. Check its FB page they had some offers too recently.
Thanks Dodge, that was a very useful info. Saved me a couple of thousands! And a faster delivery too.

Regards
Bugs.
Old 30th December 2015, 22:18   #2140
BHPian

Hi
I have been advised to top up my TB 500's battery with distilled water. Why is this required? Can I plonk a maintenance free battery instead of this one?

Also where can I get Givi hard case in Mumbai?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st December 2015, 09:44   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dodge, that was a very useful info. Saved me a couple of thousands! And a faster delivery too.

Regards
Bugs.
I am just wondering if this will fit my Continental GT. Please let us know how easy it was to replace and about the performance. thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 10:16   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Update: gave my bike to P.R. enterprises for service and to sort this problem out. They resolved it well and said it was due to a loose connection at the clutch switch. Idling speed has also come down, bike starts in the first kick again
Mate this clutch switch problem is a known issue on RE bikes fitted with electric starter. But technically one should be able to start the motorcycle even if the clutch switch is faulty, as if you notice you can start the bike even without pulling in the clutch while thumb starting, but this is not recommended. There is a secondary switch called the neutral switch that bypasses the clutch switch if the clutch is not pulled in. The neutral switch prevents the motorcycle from electric starting while it is in gear. With respect to the idling speed the service centre guys would have adjusted the idling by turning that big screw housed behind the throttle body. Anyways nice to know that your problem is resolved and the bike is back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Hi
I have been advised to top up my TB 500's battery with distilled water. Why is this required? Can I plonk a maintenance free battery instead of this one?
A typical lead acid battery like the one on RE Tbird500 of Exide make needs to be serviced once a year or in six months if the bike is lying idle for many days or also otherwise. You can tell the service centre guys to service your battery or any known battery shop to service the battery. The cost isn't much at about 50-70 bucks. I wont get into the chemistry of a lead acid battery as it is very technical. Just a short explanation, in a lead acid battery flat lead plates are dipped inside a chamber consisting of electrolyte which is a mixture of distilled water and sulphuric acid. When the charging process takes place the electricity passing through the electrolyte results in gassing which causes a dip in the electrolyte level. In order to prevent this dip in the electrolyte level distilled water is added to the battery. NOTE: Under no circumstances should tap water be added to the battery as it contains minerals which will ruin the plates eventually. Over and under topping up will also affect the battery performance so it is best left to the battery shop to carry out this job for a few bucks. You can very well use a maintenance free battery but make sure you use the correct one as per specification i.e. 12V 14Ah. Although I have seen people using 12V 9Ah Amaron MF VRLA batteries on their Tbird's without any issues.
Quote:
Also where can I get Givi hard case in Mumbai?
The Givi box can be bought from stores dealing with Studds products as Givi in India is made by Studds.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 12:23   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I am just wondering if this will fit my Continental GT. Please let us know how easy it was to replace and about the performance. thanks
As per their FB post, A2Z suggests this can be fitted to the GT as well. I shall post in detail once I've this mod done.
Regards
Bugs
bhagathmp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:56   #2144
BHPian

Hello everyone.
The long waiting period of four months is over for me & I'm going to take delivery of the Classic 350 Ash. The PDI wasn't possible before registration, so I'll have to do it today. Keeping in mind the recent floods in chennai, do I have to worry about the bike being water damaged?
Old 4th January 2016, 20:50   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Hello everyone.
The long waiting period of four months is over for me & I'm going to take delivery of the Classic 350 Ash. The PDI wasn't possible before registration, so I'll have to do it today. Keeping in mind the recent floods in chennai, do I have to worry about the bike being water damaged?
Congrats on your new ride. Can you please share the price break up as i am also considering to buy one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks