Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 22:30   #3301
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Some additional info based on the Key Number you had shared in earlier post and the trouble-shooting video I have shared above. It appears to be 46 to me which is 570867/B.
SuperSlick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:01   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Some additional info based on the Key Number you had shared in earlier post and the trouble-shooting video I have shared above. It appears to be 46 to me which is 570867/B.
Hey thank you for reconfirming. But the spare parts owner suggested that I have to purchase the complete set (which is basically the flywheel and the stator coils). I have no issues with this, but just need to be satisfied with the purchase.

Might be RE has changed the part numbers from 570866/A to 570866/C.

On a related topic, does RE issue any documents etc which provide details on the updated part numbers? I have faced this issue in past as well and basically is dependent on the shopkeeper's verbal assurance.
Old 11th August 2022, 16:43   #3303
BHPian

https://www.bike-parts-royalenfield....-SIDE/1/43/0/1

This is Euro 3 spec Bullet 500, which i believe should be same as BS3 version of ours. The pic A2 in specific is that of the flywheel magneto assembly. If you plan to replace the whole thing and you are getting the matching part set of entire assembly, then I think it should be good!
Old 13th August 2022, 22:18   #3304
Senior - BHPian

At last the battery charging is happening properly now

I procured the required part and then had the same replaced at the mechanic's. Post that I checked with the multimeter and battery charging is happening properly

Observe the burnt-out section. This might not be much to the naked eye, but as I touched those copper windings, a few just came out. Might be due to age

Royal Enfield Queries-error-coil_1.jpg
Royal Enfield Queries-error-coil_2.jpg

The new one looks quite decent though. Fresh from mint, if I may add

Royal Enfield Queries-good-coil_2.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 14:11   #3305
BHPian

That's nice to hear! Good that your battery charging issue is resolved now! So, was the part number same or different?
Old 16th August 2022, 06:30   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Hey, thank you for coming back on this. The part number is 570866/C (Flywheel Magneto Assembly 3 phase)

This called for an oil change since the old will be drained out, I took this opportunity to source the parts from the Nanapeth area, which is basically a two-wheeler spare parts hub in Pune. In this process, I luckily found a shop selling the front brake reservoir packing. This was something I was looking for days now for my Pulsar and it was a lucky find. Also had the LH switch setup replaced with a fresh one from the Minda since the old one was creating issues at times; particularly the horn had become quite a risk, literally. It would start flaring continuously with a touch and refuse to disengage Just imagine those Titan Eyes at the signals! The technician had sprayed something into the slots multiple times, but the peace of mind would only last for a few days.

Considering the increasing prices of spare parts and the fact that I will never part with my automobiles, what are the parts I can procure now and keep as stock, for just-in-case scenarios (and also beat the inflation ) Am typically targetting those parts which are specific to the UCE carburetor 500 cc engine and which might become rare later on.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:04   #3307
BHPian

RE is selling machine cut alloys for Classic 350 as accessories for Rs 14000/. Will they be a direct fit to Bullet standard 500 ?

Can anyone pl. confirm?
Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 07:40   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
RE is selling machine cut alloys for Classic 350 as accessories for Rs 14000/. Will they be a direct fit to Bullet standard 500 ?

Can anyone pl. confirm?
Thanks
The wheel diameter of the classic 350 and the standard do not match.
Classic has front 19 and rear 18 while the standard has 19 inch wheels at both ends. So you will need a new tyre for the rear.
Also, the sprocket location (side) is different for CI models and UCE (post 2009) models.
So, worth checking these details from either the Enfield service center or a good mechanic before the purchase.
Also, keep in mind that the top speed, power delivery to rear wheels and mileage (if at all that matters) are bound to change marginally if the diameter of the rear wheel changes.
aviator1101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 10:42   #3309
BHPian

I too was looking for alloys for my bike. I own a lightning 535 and it comes with both 19inch wheels. Was always doubtful if RE offers both 19 which could accomodate rear sprocket and so on. Please update if anyonr has tried alloys.
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:22   #3310
BHPian

Hello BHPians
I have recently faced an issue regarding the transmission of my '95 CI 350 where the bike seems to occasionally get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear and refuses to downshift. My mechanic has advised to replace the clutch plates.

My CI350 is currently running a 3 plate setup and I wish to upgrade to a 4 plate clutch. What are the pros and cons of doing so? Also, can anyone shed some light on the parts that I need to replace in order to upgrade the clutch? Can the 3 plate clutch housing accommodate 4 clutch plates? Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
Old 11th October 2022, 14:48   #3311
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back I had put in a bottle of "Liqui Moly 4t Additive Shooter" to approx 10 liters of petrol in my Bullet 500. From a performance perspective, I am not sure if I am not attentive in observing the improvements!

But one thing which I have observed is that at times it seems that the engine is knocking. Typically happens (At times) in the 3rd /4th gears and I have to gear down. My riding habit has not changed, so I wonder if others have also felt the same.

Do not get me wrong, as this is not causing me any issues. On the contrary, I think it's good to lower the gear at low speeds, but since it's a practice (Ill rather) I have developed all these years, just wondering if this has got anything to do with this additive.

Experts, please advise and share your thoughts.
Old 11th October 2022, 15:54   #3312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGAWD View Post
Hello BHPians
I have recently faced an issue regarding the transmission of my '95 CI 350 where the bike seems to occasionally get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear and refuses to downshift. My mechanic has advised to replace the clutch plates.
An easy way to figure out if the clutch is on it's way out is to accelerate hard once the engine has warmed up and check if the engine revs high and the bike isn't correspondingly picking up speed. If the gears are hard to shift, get the clutch adjusted first and check if it improves. If not, a seasoned Enfield mech should be able to check what the issue is since I had a similir issue on my old 96' 500 in which it was some linkage being loose in the gearbox outer case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGAWD View Post
My CI350 is currently running a 3 plate setup and I wish to upgrade to a 4 plate clutch. What are the pros and cons of doing so? Also, can anyone shed some light on the parts that I need to replace in order to upgrade the clutch? Can the 3 plate clutch housing accommodate 4 clutch plates? Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
This is possible. Apart from the new clutch plates set, the outer case(cover) needs to be replaced to that of the bigger one which used to come on the Electra and Machismo to accommodate the bigger set of plates. But if your bike is a heavy crank, it is best to check with a good mech if a four plate will do any better or if a 3 plate is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Sometime back I had put in a bottle of "Liqui Moly 4t Additive Shooter" to approx 10 liters of petrol in my Bullet 500. From a performance perspective, I am not sure if I am not attentive in observing the improvements!

But one thing which I have observed is that at times it seems that the engine is knocking. Typically happens (At times) in the 3rd /4th gears and I have to gear down. My riding habit has not changed, so I wonder if others have also felt the same.

Do not get me wrong, as this is not causing me any issues. On the contrary, I think it's good to lower the gear at low speeds, but since it's a practice (Ill rather) I have developed all these years, just wondering if this has got anything to do with this additive.

Experts, please advise and share your thoughts.
I don't think it will cause the knocking issue since it essentially keeps the carb and valves clean and on the first use, it is not going to make much of a difference.
The knocking issue was the main reason I sold my 96' 500 as I was fed up fiddling with the timing and carb settings for it to stop. It was a known issue on the cast iron 500's because of less cooling that the engine got which it starts overheating and knocking and knocking in turn causes the engine to heat up more. I wasn't aware the UCE 500 has the same issue.

Last edited by tharian : 11th October 2022 at 15:58.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 13:55   #3313
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone please tell me if the following accessories fit the 2022 Reborn Classic 350? They are not listed in the accessory catalogue against the new Classic 350 or Meteor. So I am guessing they don’t go with the J series engine. Is it the same for the brake fluid reservoir cap as well?

Royal Enfield Queries-777b14926fb2489db06e2b000df40de4.jpeg

Royal Enfield Queries-1bff6254c11f49b39b16cc4f8b025c34.jpeg

Also, how hard is it to buy a Tripper navigation pod for the new Classic 350 as an accessory? I just booked a new Classic over here in Japan, but it seems RE is not offering the Tripper as an accessory on export models due to the chip shortage.
Old 5th February 2023, 20:01   #3314
Senior - BHPian

05/02

During today's cleaning I observed that there is a certain plug attached to the UCD 33 that has come loose. I have a few questions around this:

1. What is this plug called?
2. What is the purpose of this attachment?
3. How can I have this fixed properly? Currently I have tried to attach with black tapes, since there is no lock mechanism with the plugs.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

Royal Enfield Queries-img_20230205_124043823.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-img_20230205_124032371.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-img_20230205_135945011.jpg
Old 5th February 2023, 21:46   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
05/02
During today's cleaning I observed that there is a certain plug attached to the UCD 33 that has come loose. I have a few questions around this:
That is TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). It's simply a potentiometer which varies its resistance value with respect to the throttle opening/closing. Ideally it should stay connected to the to the plug with a locking mechanism, if it does not stay connected then the lock might have been broken. In that case you may need to visit your ASC.
sole_rider is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks