Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:19   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its not directly swappable with the DC wiring of the interceptor. He should also buy the RR unit of the honda to complete the wiring.
Thanks for the input, still trying to figure out if 7K can be saved by without buying the Honda wiring kit.
Old 20th April 2021, 14:20   #332
BHPian

Upgrade Lighting : Bajaj Pulsar 150

Good Afternoon Folks!

I hope everyone is doing fine given the pandemic going on. It's crazy world out there.

I would now jump straight to the point, as we all are aware majority of Bike (even Car) manufacturers ship out vehicles with mediocre to worst headlights as stock fitments. I own a Tata Tiago XZ(O) and Pulsar 150 which are prime victims of the same and I upgraded the Headlamps of the Tiago to projectors one's that came with the top end XZ+ trim and now I am thinking to do something similar to my Pulsar. I ride the bike a lot and have suffered a lot because of the utterly garbage headlights in the past 2 years and 5 months of ownership. The only thing that makes sense to me is Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Setup with 35Watt 4300K HID, as my bike has a full DC Setup from factory, it wouldn't harm any of my electricals (Battery, Coil, etc.) if I am right. The issue here is I looked up a couple of Projectors and they all come as pair and not single units, also, never done any DIYs on Bikes so don't have an exact idea which configuration would be perfect for my specific usage.

The lens I have in mind is this : https://feretrofit.com/collections/h...ts/mini-h1-7-0

I have heard some good things about FE Retrofits, any inputs are most welcome.

Can anyone guide me more on the given topic, if there is a better alternative without burning a big hole in pocket and also does the job?

PS: I love the Blue Cut-off line and hence am looking for clear lens only.

MODS, Please transfer the post to appropriate section if required.
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 20:41   #333
BHPian

Re: Upgrade Lighting : Bajaj Pulsar 150

I have purchased my Projectors from Blaze and what I have read on the forums is most of those sold here are rebranded either from AES, IPH, there are threads on XBHP on setting it up and should not be very different from setting up it in a car.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 20:55   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I have purchased my Projectors from Blaze and what I have read on the forums is most of those sold here are rebranded either from AES, IPH, there are threads on XBHP on setting it up and should not be very different from setting up it in a car.

Which one's have you purchased? Also, can you link me to the appropriate guide on xbhp forum? Thank you
Old 20th April 2021, 21:00   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Which one's have you purchased? Also, can you link me to the appropriate guide on xbhp forum? Thank you
Look for a thread "Basic of Projectors, HID and their Installation" it has the information you need.

Quote:
Which one's have you purchased
What I have are projector fog lights, the ones that fit in the headlights are different, reach out to some vendors and they will give you the options.
Old 20th April 2021, 21:03   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
What I have are projector fog lights, the ones that fit in the headlights are different, reach out to some vendors and they will give you the options.
Are you planning to install fog bi-xenons in the headlight?
Old 21st April 2021, 18:09   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Are you planning to install fog bi-xenons in the headlight?
No I am not, the fogs provide sufficient lights, it has high beam and low beam, which takes care of all my needs.
Old 15th June 2021, 12:31   #338
BHPian

Re: Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
It's available on Amazon for 2000 bucks.
https://www.amazon.in/Philips-Motorc.../dp/B08BJCHNW5

How is the Osram LED bulb for a scooter ? Better output and spread than stock halogen ? What about the throw ? Obviously it won't be perfect because of the reflector design but hopefully it's better than stock.
Also how is the Osram Vs the Rallye 45W ? I have one in stock but not fitted since the DC conversion is drawing power from the battery so I prefer a lower wattage LED to balance it out. Although my night riding is about 20% overall so ideally it should not drain the battery completely but why risk it or wiring due to higher current draw. You are lucky that the Aprilia comes with DC headlights.
Hey sorry for the late reply.
So I had the Osram LED in the dipper section and the Rally bulb in the upper, which was a disaster. The reflector design is already very bad from the factory and the LED just increases the problem. The beam just scatters everywhere, and is just bright. So I switched it to the high beam and put the rally in the low beam as I use only low beam and high beam for passing only. The rally is 100% better than the stock 35W bulb but it's only disadvantage is that it dies after 6-8 months of use. The bulb I was using till now died yesterday, so came to the mechanic and fitted a new rally bulb. I will post some pictures later.
Old 15th June 2021, 12:34   #339
BHPian

Also guys, does anyone know the bulb specifications of the headlight of Thunderbird 350 (2015) model. My high beam bulb has died out, and AFAIK, it was a H7 bulb, but I'm not so sure and the projector in the lower beam has very less brightness, so what can be solution there?. Thanks in advance
Old 16th June 2021, 00:09   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
. I will post some pictures later.
Here are the pics
The first picture is of the rally bulb in the lower beam and is much better than the stock 35w bulb.
The second picture is of the Osram LED in the high beam and as you can see, it scatters a lot, I just use it for pass light.
The third picture is both the lower and upper beams switched on together.
Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-img_20210615_210157.jpg  

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-img_20210615_210244.jpg  

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-img_20210615_210336.jpg  

aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 04:41   #341
BHPian

Has anyone tried or have a dual headlight setup done for TBTS? Any suggestions?
I already have installed Roots Skoda horn pair. I am concerned on impact of any electrical changes.

I have a spare Mojo headlight unit. Thinking of installing it on my TBTS 2009. I definitely would need a good mechanic knowledgeable in electricals.

Any recommendations in Bangalore?
Old 24th October 2021, 01:25   #342
BHPian

Can someone share what is the stock headlight of 2009 TBTS?

If I want to use two LED bulbs instead of one, what should be the max rating I can select without harming the battery or wiring?

I have a twin Roots horns in lieu of stock horn.
Old 20th December 2022, 10:11   #343
Team-BHP Support

I installed the Scout X from https://www.maddog.co.in/product_details/SCX-1

I have always resisted the urge to install extra lights on my bike. But last year, I needed to get reading glasses. This kind of changed my perspective with regard to how I view my aging. Since I use my bike for a lot of highway runs, was on the fence about getting these.

Then checked out the lights on my friends RE-650. He had those bigger Alpha series on it. I got these scout x as I was still on the fence.

But these have surprised me so much with thier power. Last night as I rode home on an under construction road, my stock headlight was adequate, but these turned it into day time. I could easily see the road even with my helmet visor down.

Totally cost me around 9k to buy and have these installed using a maddog harness and switch.

If you are like me sitting on the fence, maybe its time to lean towards these. They are definitely worth it.

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-ll1.jpg

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-ll2.jpg

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-ll3.jpg

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-ll4.jpg
bblost is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 12:27   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Nice!

I have the same on my B500. These are pretty bright compared to the stock headlight. I can only imagine what the higher spec models must be like.

I installed them earlier this year before I went on a tour of Tamil Nadu in July. They were really helpful for those early morning starts.

The lights, harness & the switch all seem to be built to last. I've been pretty happy so far.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 22:35   #345
Team-BHP Support

This is the stock headlight.

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-stock-2.jpg

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-stock.jpeg

This is without any lens cover and the maddogs switched on.
Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-no-lens-2.jpeg

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-no-lens.jpeg

This is with the yellow lens. I personally prefer this instead of using with the white light as it more forgiving to the oncoming traffic.
Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-yellow.jpeg
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks