Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 11:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Ummm, that coil was re wound, the RR Unit was changed to that of the Piaggio Ape's. And a little of rewiring.

I got it done on Lalbagh Fort Road.
Ruby Auto Electricals

#K172, Krumbigal Road
Mavalli
Bangalore-560070

Contact Person is Kennedy: 9845218345
Thanks Ashwin.
Sometime back I had spoken with Kennedy & had been to Ruby Electricals.
Kennedy is no longer with them, he works at Marathalli now.
Old 11th October 2013, 22:15   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded the headlight in my RX135 with DCM Toyota Headlamps and 12V 35/35W HS1 bulb. (budget upgrade, without any electrical modifications)

Details in my ownership thread
Old 24th October 2013, 17:26   #213
BHPian

Does anyone know where in Bangalore I can get a HID projector kit installed? I want a 4300k setup and bi xenons with LED pilot lamps. My bike is a bone stock Karizma 2004 with exide 7AH battery. Any information on reliable place in Bangalore to get this done would be very helpful.
Old 26th January 2014, 13:07   #214
BHPian

A small query fellow team-bhpian's regarding bike headlamp bulb,
I am using the stock Halonix h7 55W bulb on my pulsar220F's high beam and I am quite satisfied with its light throw and illumination but i just want to know if i can use the Philips Xtreme Vision h7 55W bulb if i need to upgrade my stock bulb
Pictures attached below
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-12972xvb1appglobal001.jpg  

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-12972xvb1rtpglobal001.jpg  

Upgrading the Headlight Bulb on a motorcycle-12972xvb1pidglobal001.jpg  

Old 26th January 2014, 20:01   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
A small query fellow team-bhpian's regarding bike headlamp bulb,
I am using the stock Halonix h7 55W bulb on my pulsar220F's high beam and I am quite satisfied with its light throw and illumination but i just want to know if i can use the Philips Xtreme Vision h7 55W bulb if i need to upgrade my stock bulb
Pictures attached below
As long as the wattage and Type (H7 in this case) matches, i dont see a reason why you cant switch to philips Extreme vision

FYI: I switched my bullets stock H4 to Philips bluevision H4 and I am so happy with it. I have Extreme vision in my car, and I am sure that wont disappoint you either. Only difference is Bluevision is slightly more whitish.
Old 1st April 2014, 14:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my Karizma'a headlight with a philips 55/60 extreme.Also installed a Hella comet 550 series driving light mounted on the crash guard.I also installed an HID into the Hella.Satisfied with the set up.For the Hella I installed a Phillips dual headlamp relay with one for the driving lamp, kept the other blank in case I need to install another driving lamp.
In future i intend to remove the fairing and install a Thunderbird round headlight.Since it has a projector,I intend to put in a 55w HID which I have as a spare.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 1st April 2014 at 14:49.
Old 1st April 2014, 16:45   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Upgraded my Karizma'a headlight with a philips 55/60 extreme.Also installed a Hella comet 550 series driving light mounted on the crash guard.I also installed an HID into the Hella.Satisfied with the set up.For the Hella I installed a Phillips dual headlamp relay with one for the driving lamp, kept the other blank in case I need to install another driving lamp.
In future i intend to remove the fairing and install a Thunderbird round headlight.Since it has a projector,I intend to put in a 55w HID which I have as a spare.
I too did add the Osram NB+ to my Karizma that I had as spare but the headlamp wiring is a nit troublesome so reverted to stock 35/35W.

I am searching if I can get the wiring for the headlamp dome (the wiring that is for headlights + pilot lamps + indicators). The whole bunch along with the connector. One pin in 'that' connector has one kaput so running it currently by some jugaad. Contacted Hero spares but they are saying the whole headlamp set must be purchased, wiring is NOT sold separately.

Anurag.
Old 7th April 2014, 23:43   #218
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the headlight on duke 390? The stock unit is very weak. Any suggestions?
Old 9th April 2014, 18:52   #219
BHPian

Looks like I am the minority here, but the stock headlamps on my Unicorn Dazzler are extremely good. The high beam especially has solid focus. However the problem is that it has an AC/DC set up and the light is connected to the alternator which means that at low revs, the light is extremely inadequate.

Now the problem is that I stay in a newly developing residential colony and there are very few streetlights. There are also lots of kachcha roads and during 90 degree turns on these roads, it is becoming extremely difficult to see ahead. Hence am planning to convert this into a fully DC setup. Since I am a noob, any idea how this can be achieved. Also do I need to change my battery, since my bike has no kick start at all and I dont want the battery to drain away to glory due to the shift to the full DC setup thereby leaving me stranded. The stock battery is a 12V 4AH battery and its almost 4 years old now and is due for a change.

Expert opinions please.
Old 9th April 2014, 19:03   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
The stock battery is a 12V 4AH battery and its almost 4 years old now and is due for a change.
No idea on how to convert to DC setup but if you are looking at a battery change then I suggest you to look at Amaron.

May be an Amaron 7Ah or 9Ah. Since you say the bike has no kick starter, 9Ah would be best. Only problem is the battery box would have to be modified to fit the battery.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 21:31   #221
Senior - BHPian

For the unicorn you need to rewind the coil and replace the rr unit with an ape rr unit. I had done it and ran quite well for about an year before I sold it off.
And yes do upgrade the battery to a higher capacity one
Feel free to check my fb profile (Rakesh Ravindran) .I have an album called "punchy gets dcfied ",you will get a faint idea.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 9th April 2014 at 21:35.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 01:50   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post

Have you done this already? How much does the TB headlight assembly along with projector, bulbs, connectors,etc. cost?

MaSh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 11th April 2014, 06:04   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Have you done this already? How much does the TB headlight assembly along with projector, bulbs, connectors,etc. cost?

MaSh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Nope I haven't found the time.I heard the tb projector can set you back by 4.5k.
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:05   #224

Hello All, I have an RX100 bike, 12V battery/wiring and today did coil winding. Can someone suggest me a good headlight bulb, which can give good visibility at night?
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:06   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavakari View Post
Hello All, I have an RX100 bike, 12V battery/wiring and today did coil winding. Can someone suggest me a good headlight bulb, which can give good visibility at night?
RX100 being an old bike, I'm not sure what type of bulb it has.
Check your manual for bulb type, or remove the bulb and check what type of bulb it is, if it's an HS1 (should be marked on the outer rim of the bulb on the same side as the glass capsule) , then you can an H4 P43t base bulb like Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme Vision , both in 60/55W - or 100/90W if your upgraded setup/wiring can handle that much current , but bear in mind that bulbs above 60/55W are illegal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks