Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on this rare find.Indeed GP editions are very rare and difficult to restore.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepm View Post
Hi Thanh,

Actually I did get the explorer spring. But it seems to be weaker than the KS175 ... the return is pretty limp and I suspect it wont last long..

Hence the search for the Fury spring..

Sandeep
luckily , the kicker spring on my bike isnt broken.

with regards to the push rods, i have procured 2 nos , i am getting of them hard chromed and the other hardened , also , i am getting 1 push rod turned with EN8 material, so which everone comes out fine , i will use that one.
Old 5th June 2009, 21:47   #93
BHPian

Guys, very interesting thread, you truly took me back in old days, however i could not read all the post. but i can add some inputs here. How can i forget Explorer, that was the first geared bike i rode (Believe it or not).

and i have seen many Explorers in Nagpur. and even today whenever i go to Nagpur i still see some explorers running around in suburbs. Meaning there is still enough supply of spares.

Just let me know what exactly you are looking for, my Royal Enfield gang in Nagpur will find it for sure.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:10   #94

Hi, i too recently got to lay my hands on a fury, in immaculate condition, but unfortunately the carb is missing, i have tried high and low here in delhi, but cant seem to source one, can any one help out....take care.
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:31   #95
octaneoverdose

Chennai Tbhpians, i remember one or two 100/125 cc zundapp that was in chennai till late 90's. one could easily mistake them for a fury. they were auctioned from the enfield factory. test/research bikes probably. Has anyone heard of them. :(

Old 3rd July 2009, 13:01   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahai View Post
Hi, i too recently got to lay my hands on a fury, in immaculate condition, but unfortunately the carb is missing, i have tried high and low here in delhi, but cant seem to source one, can any one help out....take care.
The o.e carb is a MIKARB 28mm, i am told its same as an RD350 carb.
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:39   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
The o.e carb is a MIKARB 28mm, i am told its same as an RD350 carb.
Thanks a ton, i would definately try out the RD carb, hope it works !
Old 29th November 2009, 19:32   #98

Dear Friend
Heartiest congrats on your purchase of fury.One of its kind.An awesome bike.If you are willing to keep it as original as possible then I think I can help you.Please take a look at my fury just to give you an idea of what I have.Will definately arrange for you an engine and a gear box if you are willing to come and get it in mumbai.
All the best for your project.Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks and Best Regards.
BABA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on the purchase. How does she run and what did you pay for it.

The Fury exhaust beat is to die for.
Yes the GP version had a fairing similar to the explorer. RTZ headlight would be a good fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Help required for restoring Enfield Fury 175 gp-dsc01144.jpg  

Help required for restoring Enfield Fury 175 gp-dsc01142.jpg  

Old 29th November 2009, 22:10   #99
BHPian

Thats a clean bike.. Congrats for keeping her in good shape
Old 30th November 2009, 08:45   #100
BANNED

Siddartha,
How goes the rebuild?
Here are some pics of my recently restored Fury GP. Not in stock condition. Lot of bits and parts are sourced from newer bikes. Electricals also converted to 12V, Gearbox pushrod replaced with newly machined piece. Still notchy and needs a fine touch to avoid embarassing false neutrals, but should hopefully not break as easily as the original.

Hope your build is going well and looking forward to some finished pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Help required for restoring Enfield Fury 175 gp-fury-right.jpg  

Help required for restoring Enfield Fury 175 gp-fury-left.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 12:52   #101
BHPian

Thats a smashing GP u have there. meticulously restored and well camouflaged 'other' bike parts. One of the colors of the orginal Gp was red and black. I owned a GP ( blue and grey) and a DX grey(original zundapp) import till 1998. Brought back memeories.

I noticed that u have maintained the heel toe shifter that came with the bike. From my experience this was not very accuarte and caused shift probelms besides the regular slippage and pushroad issues. My suggestion would be to change to the regular shift rod, not the straight one but the one with a slight curve upwards at the grooved end. It may help. BTW what material did u use to machine the push roads, any different alloy for the stock ( bad) ones..?
Old 30th November 2009, 13:20   #102
BANNED

Thanks Machinehead. If you notice closely, my shifter is similiar to original, but not the same. I used better ball joint connectors opposed to the crude linkage that was original. Long ago, my friend had an original Fury, and I have seen/used the shifter rod that you are talking about. But as a personal preference, I retained the heel/toe.

I am not sure about the exact alloy/metal used for the pushrod, but my mechanic guaranteed that it was a harder and stronger one than original. My mechanic does most of the legwork of restoration, I just provide overall guidance and suggestions.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:34   #103
BHPian

nice to see this thread has been revived. pleasant surprise on a monday afternoon.

with regards to the restoration of my bike, well ... it has come to a standstill.All the parts have been found/procured, the painting and plating ( both zinc and chromium ) has been completed.

But i have been very busy off late and havent been able to spend anytime
on it, everything is just lying in my garage covered in newspaper.also the other problem is that most of the things have to be done by me and my mech as he has no helper boys. and to top it all my mech wasnt in town for a while and after he came back he fractured his thumb.

But now after seeing this thread come alive i am getting motivated to get back on the job asap.

will post pics and tech details of the parts and some of the difficulties i faced during the assembly of the engine and gear box. i am trying to make the bike as o.e as possible.

@pushkarnaik : thanks a lot for the offer,but i have managed to procure most of all the parts i need for the restoration job. but if you do find any unused o.e parts please let me know.

Did the fury come in silver as o.e as seen on your bike? nice to see your bike.

@gthang: WOW! thats one goodlookin fury. seems like a job very well done.
i do plan to change to 12v also. why do u have an extra peice welded to the main stand? which kicker lever are you using? also i can source the o.e headlight from here in blr.

guys, please tell me more abt the riding experince of a fury as i have never rode one.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:03   #104
BANNED

Siddarth,

I have been a silent observer on TBhp for a while now, and used to monitor your thread frequently. But noticed that there was no update for a while, and figured putting up my bike pic might stir things up a little. One of the reasons for officially joining the forum. This and another topic of interest to me, Harley.

Regarding the extra cog on my footstand, to be honest, I dont know/remember. The bike now is after a second round of restoration. It was originally bought by me in 1990 as a Blue/Gray GPX. I restored it with same color combo about 2 years ago. Rode it for about a month and then send it back for color change and new piston rings. Stayed with my mechanic for about a year. Just got it back in this shape few months ago. I am an enthusiast, but limited hands-on experience/knowledge. So, I leave everything to the trusty hands of my mechanic.

As far as I know, I am still using original kicker from the GPX. If you want, I can PM you my mechanic's number who can maybe help/assist/guide you in any way.

Cheers.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:20   #105
BHPian

current state of affairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Help required for restoring Enfield Fury 175 gp-dsc00015.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks