Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 22:51   #16
BHPian

This motorcycle looks great,kept in original condition.55-60k is good price for it.
Liked the center stand,rear wheel hub style,round air filter and Logo's.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

this is a very nice example though the color of the bike seems to be bit off. as per my knowledge these models never came in BLACK.
Old 16th June 2009, 07:42   #18
BHPian

Bite the bait or not ?

Ya, I too liked the looks of the center stand, moreover I was able to park the bull while sitting on it ! Till yesterday I did not notice that I was able to start the bike without a battery, and it was because of the MagDyno I also forgot to mention about the headlamp, its Lucas. And about the color, he did say that he spent 8k recently for a paint job, so I probably guess it was not black from the beginning. Oh boy, yesterday I had a sleepless night thinking whether to go for it or not. The owner is in a hurry to sell it due to financial reasons [he also has 2 other bullets, very old ones].

Really in a Dilemma now, whether to let go off a MagDyno bullet or keep looking for a generic old bullet !!
Old 16th June 2009, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Guys, today evening I might be going for the deal, some help please, bite / let it go ?
Old 16th June 2009, 12:50   #20

Go for it

Hi Premson, From the pics, it looks to be a good machine. Engine oil leaks are a regular issue with the bullets. If you have verified the documents and if the machine is in good shape, I would suggest you can go for it. Since you have the common mechs, it should be easy for you to know the complete history. You can settle for it between 80-90 k.

Regards
Nanda
Old 16th June 2009, 17:42   #21
BHPian

A bit low on losing 55, but the hunt is still on !

My heart is feeling a bit low today on loosing the 1955 Bull, but I am becoming more persistent on the hunt. Found this 1967 Bull for 69K, I'll be checking this in a day or two [currently the bike is not in town].
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on buying a 1966 England Bullet-1.jpg  

Need advice on buying a 1966 England Bullet-2.jpg  

Need advice on buying a 1966 England Bullet-3.jpg  

Need advice on buying a 1966 England Bullet-4.jpg  

Need advice on buying a 1966 England Bullet-5.jpg  

Old 16th June 2009, 17:56   #22
BHPian

That blue circle thing is the Magneto

Bike appears to be in great condition. Did you ask if the engine was rebuilt? Particular areas of concern would be the big end bearings.

Its got the original SMITH speedo and the current owner has very sensibly retained the Lucas headlamp switch from the looks of it. Its tempting to replace it with a current manufacture switch (cosmetically and functionally similar) but you will regret it soon.

This motor is a legendry power performer. But be advised that you will nee the original AMAL carb to attain that performance.

Finally, magneto is a finicky device. Its great as long as it works. For an everyday bike that is a factor to consider.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:34   #23
BHPian

He did say he replaced the piston of the engine, not sure of the other parts. But one thing I can say, I never heard a bull roar so loud yet warm with just a 500cc bend pipe and the short silencer. Ofcourse the credit goes to its CI make too. Oh yes, he also mentioned that the bike had a timing device [which was placed in the right side of the box], not sure what was that meant for.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would recon you go for that bullet that you saw initially the black one. and do please check the Regsitration documents cause thats where you may be coned.
Old 16th June 2009, 21:18   #25
BHPian

Hey desideep, not sure whats happening, but some of my posts have not appeared yet. That 1955 black bull got sold this evening for 1 Lac ! It was pricy for me. However the owner did seem to have all the documents in place, the Reg Exp was by 2014.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
Hey desideep, not sure whats happening, but some of my posts have not appeared yet. That 1955 black bull got sold this evening for 1 Lac ! It was pricy for me. However the owner did seem to have all the documents in place, the Reg Exp was by 2014.
even around a LAKH is kinda fair for such a nice vintage. your posts are not visible cause you have to cross the 50 post mark before you can post freely.

so what bike are you looking at now? please post some fresh pics.

specially if you are looking for a OLD bullet do remember to post the pics of the
1. Breather pipe output
2. The closeup of the Point assembly thingi.
3. The axel nut where the Swing arm is tightened.
4. The carb
5. The Head

any ways best of luck
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 22:46   #27
BHPian

Ya I seriously feel now I should have gone for it from the beginning, it appears some relative of his was interested in it and an obvious preference dominated the deal. For my next hunt, will definitely go for something pre-72 and will keep your checklist in mind.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:47   #28
BHPian

Hollywoodhogan: Thatz a neat bike you got there, those a few things would make it more complete, like the side boxes and the rear shox.

Pretorian: The '55 bull is a lovely example. Really well maintained bike and at the going prices, 1 lac was a fair enough price, especially with all the papers intact. It would be a good daily rider but then u have to keep the magdyno in good shape.

The '67 though needs a lot to be restored, I guess it has all the things you were specifically looking at in a bull. I would say it is a fairly reasonable price. If the papers are in order, try to talk him into selling it for 55 to 60k.
Old 17th June 2009, 07:51   #29
BHPian

Hey TuffRyder & Desideep where were you guys on monday man, I just wanted to hear from guys like you. You guys have no idea I am still feeling low on loosing it. Anyways, the 67 does seem to look good, but I am not going to keep too many hopes like I kept for the 55. Ya, I too felt a few things need to be restored like Rear Shocks look different, no Tail lamp, I don't see the horns, the RE badge is not there (ofcourse I understand his idea of making it look like a classic), anything else ?
Old 17th June 2009, 12:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
Hey TuffRyder & Desideep where were you guys on monday man, I just wanted to hear from guys like you. You guys have no idea I am still feeling low on loosing it. Anyways, the 67 does seem to look good, but I am not going to keep too many hopes like I kept for the 55. Ya, I too felt a few things need to be restored like Rear Shocks look different, no Tail lamp, I don't see the horns, the RE badge is not there (ofcourse I understand his idea of making it look like a classic), anything else ?
hey is the 67 one with the dual tone maroon bullet? if that is the one keep away cause it does not have any original parts. its like me selling of a 1999 bullet with a 1969 registration. generally the vintage bikes or cars are not rated by the registration its about the originality of the intact parts. now i am sure that you would not like to buy the bike for 50 K and then again spend another 5 K to get a vintage crank case (the so called heavy crank thig)

i would not buy this bullet for the vintage value and specially no way that i would give away 50 K for this it deserves no more than 20 k and then i would not be thinking Vintage in my mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks