Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 18:58   #16
BHPian

Cmon, why is the thread of the hottest stroker on the forum thanda. Update needed deepak!
Old 29th December 2009, 19:12   #17
BHPian

No Update as such.. the bike is running like a dream.. I took it to Goa a month back and below are some observations & pics

Mumbai – Pune Old Highway (Stopover at a friend’s place to celebrate his birthday)
Pune – Goa Via NH4

Total kms approx from home back to home 1500

The ride from Mum-Pune is nothing new for me; so no observations except that people crossing the roads are mad !!!

The road from Pune to Nipani is breath taking as it is the NH4 and the roads are better than what you can wish for; riding the RZ was a pleasure even after the fact that for some reasons after my reed change I had something what you call a crazy power band after 7 or a slight flat spot between 5-7 (Never had it earlier as on the RZ from the word go it is linear power; pulls like a train)

I managed to do few long stretches (Approx 60 km stretch before Nipani) at 9-10K on 6th gear; for some reasons did not have the balls at that time to do more; but even at that speeds the bike was feeling like I am cruising; with lots of power left as it pulls clean to 12500 that’s where I have put the rev limit; but I avoid anything more than 11K.
I have no idea what it meant in speed. Otherwise most of the stretches I was cruising at 7-8K on top gear. You know the worst part of the roads.. you do not feel satisfied with the speeds you have done because it can take much much more

The money I spent on the suspension is recovered; the front and the rear is fully sorted out; no issues there; Many people did not like my quarter fairing but boy it is a boon on the highway; other than the obvious reduction in wind resistance and better handling; it is a great bug protection. My friend’s jacket had turned black with dead bugs; I had only few (But then again my jacket was anyway black)

We took a bypass from Nipani to Goa; the last 150 roads through villages and Amboli Ghat; the road upto the Ghats are worse than the surface on the moon; My body just could not take it; so took quite a few stops. Guys avoid this road !! The max speed you can do is 20km/hr and you have some 50-70km of this road through some god forsaken forest. This was the only part of the road where I felt I should have been in the car; or on a dirt bike because no bike can do this road without shattering the riders balls. Here the bike was under a lot of stress I though it would fall apart due to the constant bumps; bad roads; ravines; potholes etc. But she held up even to the abuse I gave her after I started riding faster standing up just to the road over with; The rear handled whatever you throw at it but the front did sometimes bottom out on big pot holes..

The Ghats are pretty treacherous especially when you are going down as they are pretty steep; and finally reached Goa!!

The return journey was no different except the fact that for some reasons my battery went dead; so I put in my friends RX battery; and rode back to Mumbai !!

Observations
- I put the Motul Synth engine oil before the ride; but I am not very happy with it as it did not give me any better performance that the ordinary Motul
- I was Running Motul 800 through my Oil Pump as always and no Issues whatsoever
- While going I got a mileage of 12-13; maybe due to the constant throttle twisting; but coming back I modulated my speeds to be at 7-8K rpm at top gear which was less taxiing on me and it returned 18-19
- There are no Vibrations anywhere on the bike; I did Goa-Mumbai non-stop without body ache; back ache anything;
- The RGV brakes are good; especially the rear, though not good for stopping but you can modulate and correct yourself on high speed turns
- No Overheating as a matter of fact it never climbed more than 50% mark throughout the trip
- No Smoke; unless you suddenly pull you get a small puff (One of cylinder was slightly smoking more that the other; as it was a tad richer which I sorted in Goa)
- The rear view mirror for some reasons vibrate when you idle but does not even twitch at any speeds; damn happy with it
- I am running Shinko at the rear and IRC at the front; on the return journey there were couple stretches where I felt my rear tire slide (I should invest in better tyres)
- I had redone my Seat foam; bought karizma OEM seat foam as the dimensions are the same and just finished it up; man that really sorted by ***
- The Karizma chain I am running is useless; time I buy myself a 520 Oring chain from somewhere
-

In a nutshell today I am happy and have really got the worth of the time and energy that was put into the bike by me, Ron & Tony.

Anyone for a ride??

PS: not many pics below are some snapshot taken from the car while on the ride; will try upload more as and when I get time

Picasa Web Albums - Deepak - Road Trip
DeepakMenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2009, 21:25   #18
BHPian

This is truly an inspiration, I should start my saving up and my search. Then I shall come to bug u.
Old 30th December 2009, 03:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

You should try the Petronas full synthetic oil.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:19   #20
BHPian

I have never tried petronas fully syn.. though the oil property sheets show that Motul 800 is better; so i will run on this till my stock last

then maybe move to Petronas or try and bring some imported cans in..
Old 30th December 2009, 17:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Motul 800 is supposed to be too thick to use with an oil pump. I'm suing the Motul 510 and its a very good oil. I use the Petronas too.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:26   #22
BHPian

Ya Motul 800 viscosity is high; however at 85 degree it is lesser than Petronas; and the reed temp are close to that.. i have not seen any issue with it; i have been using it for 2-3 years..

Petronas is a good oil; however rated for lower BHP engines; so i would like to play safe..
Old 30th December 2009, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Hats off to your passion Deepak, thats a real sweet ride

IMHO Stick to Motul, your engine will love it in the long run.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:42   #24
BHPian

Howz the Zeel CDI holding up? Give a review man. Does it hvae the YPVS controller? Which version did you buy? What does it rev to?

Dont you feel like getting a set of JL pipes?
Old 11th January 2010, 19:22   #25
BHPian

Awesome bro !!! You finally realised your dream to drive your mean machine. I remember you have always had wished to bring this one to life and you finally did. Kudos bro !!! The bike looks great. Post a video too bhai. Would luv to hear the throttles.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:30   #26
BHPian

I bought the latest version of that time; it is an integrated single unit which replaces my Stock CDI & Stock YPVS controller; this unit can be programmed both for ignition & YPVS opening duration etc using the handheld
It is an amazing piece of kit; However it is too early for me to give you a clear update as while I was putting the kit on I had to replace my Reeds from fiber to carbon as the fiber ones broke and RDD only had carbon at that time; so that has put my throttle response in a different region which I am not used to; also secondly my RZ had a newer generation of CDI; and I forgot to note down that curve so currently I am running 31K curve which has different feel. So I am not able to really get my hands on the feedback if it better than my stock... So I plan to put the stock CDI back and note the timing & program that on the Zeel and ask RDD for fiber petals as I prefer that feeling over the carbon. Once this is done then I will be able to give you a detail feedback
Meanwhile below are some observations
- The kit is of amazing quality & the guy is great. Damn easy to install
- The overall Spark intensity seems better
- The bike seems to rev more easily; Its default rev limiter is at 12500 and I never changed it; and I reached it easily.. But I avoid it… my mental rev limit is at 10K
- Lastly it has quite few function which are purely track oriented or Bling !! if you are into any of those
- I like the option of switch the curve on the fly; but right now that switch is under my seat as could not find a good location on the clipons.. so if I have to change the curve I have open the seat… [ I plan to use the engine start button on my switch unit to toggle between the curves; for that I need time which I am finding difficult]

JL Pipes !! they are good but not worth it if you are sitting in India they cost close to $600 plus shipping + customs will make it close to 50,000 Indian rupees.. if I need it I will make a custom made from RDD… Plus I like the stock expansion; and they sound awesome I don’t want to lose that sound for more power; when I have more than enough power… maybe sometime later
Old 12th January 2010, 01:43   #27
BHPian

Sweet bike you got there mate!!! Ive been looking for an RZ or a TZR for quite sometime now..do you by any chance have any leads for me..? would greatly appreciate your help..do send me a PM if you do have any news..cheers
Old 12th January 2010, 13:58   #28
BHPian

Prashanth there are RZ for sale if you are willing to pay the price..
If junk / non runner / poor runner is what you are after then let me know if you find one as i need one more..
Old 13th January 2010, 09:35   #29
BHPian

Whats the prices for RZs?
Old 13th January 2010, 15:45   #30
BHPian

Diablo.. it totally depends you should get some junk bike with papers within 50K or maybe more

runners with Not so sure parts : 1 Lac
Good Runners : 1.5- upwards
Real Good RZ : Not for Sale

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks