Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 19:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

I think one can fix the 180's RVMs on the 220 since both sport the same Clip-on handle bars.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
I'm referring to the Dtsi, because that's what I ride, yes I'm planning on something to fix it.

CHEERS,
G D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think one can fix the 180's RVMs on the 220 since both sport the same Clip-on handle bars.
Hmm, simple mod. Buy the RTR mirrors and get them fixed. Its not a straight fit, there is some amount of jugaad involved. But functionally its light years ahead of the stock stuff.... And the RTR mirrors don't look half bad either...

Here's a pic of my bike with the RTR mirrors and another bike with the stock stuff..
New P220 DTSi Ownership Review-img_1463.jpg

Last edited by praful : 19th February 2010 at 20:01.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:08   #63
BHPian

Well I'm thinking of something else, will let you know once it's done.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 19th February 2010, 20:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Well I'm thinking of something else, will let you know once it's done.

CHEERS,
G D
Cool!

PS: Congrats on the P220..When did this acquisition happen? Howz the Comet and the Fz?
Old 21st February 2010, 12:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Cool!

PS: Congrats on the P220..When did this acquisition happen? Howz the Comet and the Fz?
Thank You, the acquisition happened in Nov 2009, the FZ was replaced by the 220 & the Comet's doing just GREAT. Oye just realised, I crossed 100 posts mark.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 19th March 2010, 14:59   #66
BHPian

Is the Pulsar 220 Bharath 4 complainant?
Old 19th March 2010, 21:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Is the Pulsar 220 Bharath 4 complainant?
It is RAVANA 10 compliant!!! its that wicked!!
cheers
Old 7th July 2010, 22:37   #68
BHPian

10000 kms Update

Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi 2009

Date of Purchase :- 10th July, 2009

4th Service (Paid) :- 10150kms (1st July, 2010) => Rs.1375/-

Current ODO :- 10300kms

Max Speed touched :- 145kmph (From 135kmph, u need to crouch and stay inside the fairings for the bike to go till 145, otherwise it wont! But Iam really amazed at how solid and stable she was even at those speeds. Im sure if tuned she cud do more, safely. Note: But for anything, everything you need safety gears, a nice stretch, nice climate and no traffic. Please dont overspeed.)

Avg Mileage :- 33 kmpl (100% City driving - Full Ripping).
Best Mileage (Last 3000kms) - 38kmpl
Worst Mileage - 27kmpl.

Since the paid service is starting and the fact that a Bajaj 'probiking' A.S.S was a bit far off from my place, This time around I gave it to Castrol Bike Point for Servicing.

Basic service charge was some 399 odd. All together it costs me 1375/-. The rear disc pad had to be changed.

NO ISSUES IN THE BIKE YET. THANK GOD, THIS IS SIMPLY BAJAJ'S BEST BIKE TILL DATE.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:29   #69
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking your thread sam but i needed to give an update.

My odo reads 16K kms. and yesterday while returning from a 400 kms run in heavy showers (i didnt stop even then. i was fully wet) i lost bite in the rear breaks and hissing sound coming from the wheel. This happened when i was just minutes away from my home while returning. Today got it check and fou i wnd out hat the rear disk shoe has worn out completely and got it changed. All it costed was 200 with labour with a local mechanic.

What i wanted to know was why did it worn out so early even tough i hardly use rear breaks. also, just 1k kms before i had the bike fully serviced at bajaj with costed 800. Anywayz it was not much of an expenses but had a touch time in rain driving with just front breaks.
Old 5th November 2010, 10:55   #70
BHPian

Another Update guys:

yesterday finished 21K on the ODO with the stock IRC make tyre. Least to say it was brutally used. It served me well in numerous trips and offroad excursions without a single puncture(Did a couple of burnouts too). I was running nitogen with just 3 top ups in my 11 month ownership till date. Had to let it go yesterday since the thread had worn out and was not gripping the road well.

Searched the market for the same make tyre but couldn`t find any. Got the zapper Instead. which i am not too happy since i specifically wanted the IRC make tyre when i bought the bike.

Hope this zapper performs the way IRC did.

What do you say guys?

Last edited by Abbas : 5th November 2010 at 10:55. Reason: correction
Old 5th November 2010, 12:25   #71
BHPian

hi guys just wanted to ask you all, what are the signs of a worn clutch? yesterday i was in town, and the traffic was quite bad, so it was bumper to bumper on a hot day. The traffic would move a few meters in 1st gear and then i would have to depress the clutch. while depressing the clutch the revs would hover around 1800-2000rpm a few seconds (5-8 sec)after depressing the clutch then it would come down to its normal idle rpm.

Second issue was on the highway, i was cruising at 80-90 kmph with a pillion in top gear and then when i twisted the throttle to overtake the engine would jerk and would not gain speed and the revs would remain steady. Then when the speed returns to 70kmph things would remain normal again.

I thought it might be a heated engine or a clogged fuel line/filter but when i rev the engine in neutral it revs happily to the red line.

Details about my bike :2008 sep pulsar 220 dts-Fi, 16,000kms on the odo. 40/60 Hill and plains driving. I drive normally with no stunting or burnouts and all.

So just wanted to know from you all around when did u all replace your respective clutches?
Old 28th May 2011, 15:58   #72
BHPian

Re: New P220 DTSi Ownership Review

Update Guys:

My p220's current ODO reads 33K in 18 months of ownership. Couple of days back i was getting horrible sound from the silencer area on my way back from chennai. Went in today morning to Bajaj service and where in he informed me that the catalytic converter is busted and the whole silencer needs to be replaced. He checked my ODO and said that warranty is expired since it is only till 30K kms. I requested him to do it under warranty and he check my service history. And guess what ! He said since i was a regular he would do it under warranty. Today morning i got my bike with a brand new silencer, which otherwise would have costed me Rs. 8560 /-

Thanks Bajaj !!!
Old 28th May 2011, 16:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
hi guys just wanted to ask you all, what are the signs of a worn clutch? yesterday i was in town, and the traffic was quite bad, so it was bumper to bumper on a hot day. The traffic would move a few meters in 1st gear and then i would have to depress the clutch. while depressing the clutch the revs would hover around 1800-2000rpm a few seconds (5-8 sec)after depressing the clutch then it would come down to its normal idle rpm.

Second issue was on the highway, i was cruising at 80-90 kmph with a pillion in top gear and then when i twisted the throttle to overtake the engine would jerk and would not gain speed and the revs would remain steady. Then when the speed returns to 70kmph things would remain normal again.

I thought it might be a heated engine or a clogged fuel line/filter but when i rev the engine in neutral it revs happily to the red line.

Details about my bike :2008 sep pulsar 220 dts-Fi, 16,000kms on the odo. 40/60 Hill and plains driving. I drive normally with no stunting or burnouts and all.

So just wanted to know from you all around when did u all replace your respective clutches?

For the idling problem, get your CLUTCH SWITCH cleaned at the service center. That should solve the problem.

Regarding the jerking issue, your CO level might be the cause. Get the bike tuned up and get the CO adjusted to about 2.8. Clutch should ideally not wear out at 16k unless u stunt or ride the clutch while on the go. Even with burnouts and stunting, my clutch lasted for about 20k. You can check the life left in your clutch by seeing the levels of setting remaining on the clutch where the cable joins the crankcase. A regular ProBiking mechanic should be able to help you with it.
Please remember that the life of your clutch and other engine components varies a lot based on your riding style and thus there is no fixed rule by which to predict their life.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 23:03   #74
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Iam this thread starter!!!

Though, now my P220 is safely in my porch for last 11 months :( Ever since I took my Swift D. Any advice on what care I should take with the bike not used much for so long. All that I have driven in last so many months is just 100kms. I start the bike every weekend. Sometimes take her for a drive and at times just jam the accelerator with a piece of paper and keep her running (in 4th or 5th gear in center stand) for 15-20mins @3000rpm.

Iam in half minds on whether to sell her on not. All that I got on offer is 50k, Mine is 2009 July 220 DTSi model run 11k. Excellent condition. I stay in the outskirts of Bangalore city down south (further from Electronics city), so taking bike to office too is impossible due to mainly the stray dogs problem :(

So any suggestions guys? Sell it or keep it for 2 yrs (when I hope to move closer into the city). Any advices for a bike kept in porch ?
Old 29th May 2011, 10:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
For the idling problem, get your CLUTCH SWITCH cleaned at the service center. That should solve the problem.

Regarding the jerking issue, your CO level might be the cause. Get the bike tuned up and get the CO adjusted to about 2.8. Clutch should ideally not wear out at 16k unless u stunt or ride the clutch while on the go. Even with burnouts and stunting, my clutch lasted for about 20k. You can check the life left in your clutch by seeing the levels of setting remaining on the clutch where the cable joins the crankcase. A regular ProBiking mechanic should be able to help you with it.
Please remember that the life of your clutch and other engine components varies a lot based on your riding style and thus there is no fixed rule by which to predict their life.

Thanks for the advice. The problem has been solved now, and the solution came to me while checking the owners manual. The culprit was a 50RS fuel filter . I was under the impression that fuel filters needed to be changed at 10,000km intervals, but it seems its 5000kms, so the problem i faced was caused by fuel starvation at high RPM.

But yes you are right i need to look into adjusting the co2 levels as well as that has not been done for a while now. The pro-bike here in siliguri is so below par. They hardly stock parts for the 220 DTS-FI after the DTS-I was released. I am still waiting for the chain and sprocket set for my bike as it seems it differs from the carb 220.

Just a novice question, what exactly is a clutch switch? where is it located?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks