Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 15:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

@Hormaz..thats a pristine RD 350 you have.Please retain it and avoid green revolution !!!
Old 14th October 2009, 15:15   #62
BANNED

I have 3 set of extra handle bars US Spec(widest ones), Indian HT(wider one) and Indian LT(short one).
Old 14th October 2009, 15:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
@Hormaz..thats a pristine RD 350 you have.Please retain it and avoid green revolution !!!
Thanks Hillram, and im not even thinking about giving her away. Come what revolution

@Ajaybiz, Any chance of selling one of them.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjaram View Post
I have purchased and refurbished it.
The engine (refurbished in front of me with all genuine parts), chaise, tank and all are original just the exhaust and indicators are not. I have putted this exhaust cause it sounds good. I will get the Protons performance exhaust and will put it on RD....
Dear V,

I think you have made the right decision not to sell the RD.

You have virtually seen its rebirth and hence its your baby. How can you part with it ever.

Its a really beautiful bike. I would have preferred it with the original tubes though

I feel the same thrill everytime I touch my RD as I got when I touched her the first time 24 years ago.

Keep it and cherish it. If you can afford go buy another mundane bike for your run abouts in Pune

Hope catch you and your bike when next in Pune

Best Regards, Take care and Ride/Drive safe

Ram
Old 14th October 2009, 20:00   #65
BANNED

No buy and sell just exchange if you have extra front mudguard.

Last edited by navin : 11th October 2018 at 12:32. Reason: typo
Old 15th October 2009, 00:16   #66
BHPian

Keeping an RD350 as an everyday bike these days is nothing but a joke. I love the legend too. But, it has got its own set of problems too. It can make you stranded in the middle of the traffic any day, any time. It can be a simple leaking coil, a worn out gear selector rod, or even a leaking carb. Its not the fault of the bike. Its the fault of the time. The RD refused to grow up.. but time did. Believe me, keeping a 25 year old bike, even if its a "fill it, shut it, forget it" CD100/Splendor is not practical. Especially with such "great" spare parts/service support from Yamaha. Its always better to sell off RDs these days and buy a Ninja. Oh! did i forget to warn you something guys? he he. Dont ask this question. "Then why the hell are YOU keeping an RD350?"
Attached Thumbnails
Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-dsc00898.jpg  

Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-dsc01345.jpg  

Last edited by aruncheloor : 15th October 2009 at 00:32.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
No buy n sell just exchange if you have extra front mudguard.
Dont have an extra one, thanks anyways
Old 16th October 2009, 16:55   #68
BANNED

Ninja 250, HondaCBR, Yamaha, Ducati....the list goes on and on. They will always be available and be better than the previous ones.

Can you purchase an RD if you want to just as easily??

More specifically, can you ever purchase "your RD" if you want to again??

I guess you have the answer.

The RD, is an icon, the Ninja is just a bike.
Old 19th October 2009, 07:10   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Ninja 250, HondaCBR, Yamaha, Ducati....the list goes on and on. They will always be available and be better than the previous ones.

Can you purchase an RD if you want to just as easily??

More specifically, can you ever purchase "your RD" if you want to again??

I guess you have the answer.

"Completely agree with you!!!"
Old 19th October 2009, 11:54   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
If one is given a Ninja for an RD 350. Nothing more. No questions asked.

Take the Ninja give me the RD 350.

Would one then let go of the RD 350?

This question is not only to n.devath. I am just quoting him.

I would . Why? I like to "ride" my bikes and not "own" one to strut around.

Last edited by Spitfire : 19th October 2009 at 11:56.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:23   #71
BHPian

hey spitfire.if you know your bikes well you will ride them everywhere irrespective of how old & problematic they are.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:33   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
hey spitfire.if you know your bikes well you will ride them everywhere irrespective of how old & problematic they are.
Trust me i do and i did. Overtime or maybe i reached a threshold where breaking own in the middle of nowhere didn't seem exciting anymore. I fix most of my bikes so no noob when it comes to repairing one if it breaksdown. But when on a long distance solo (i ride solo 98% of the time) ride any breakdown is a major irritant.

The ego's to be nursed and the ridiculous cost to be paid for the spares gets to me. Something as simple as pay and get gets complicated with huge lot of strings attached.

Peace of mind and not worrying about something not breaking is something i would put my money down for. Unfortunately not 3 lakhs of it.

Bikes used for riding/touring: Shogun, Bullet (2 - 350s), KB 125, RX 100, RD 350 & CBZ. Till now the only bike I am confident of is the CBZ, but then it has no grunt and long distance riding is literally a pain.

Also maybe i am plain unlucky.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:29   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Keeping an RD350 as an everyday bike these days is nothing but a joke. I love the legend too. But, it has got its own set of problems too. It can make you stranded in the middle of the traffic any day, any time. It can be a simple leaking coil, a worn out gear selector rod, or even a leaking carb. Its not the fault of the bike. Its the fault of the time. The RD refused to grow up.. but time did. Believe me, keeping a 25 year old bike, even if its a "fill it, shut it, forget it" CD100/Splendor is not practical. Especially with such "great" spare parts/service support from Yamaha. Its always better to sell off RDs these days and buy a Ninja. Oh! did i forget to warn you something guys? he he. Dont ask this question. "Then why the hell are YOU keeping an RD350?"
ho ho ho, hold your horses, i have an 1984 rd that is used only 2 times a year for a 800-1000 kms journey each for the past 7 years and it has not missed a beat since i have bought it in 2000. am sorry i do not agree with you about what you have said. the rd is a reliable machine as longs as its basically taken care of. leaking carb? worn selector rod? leaking coil? whoa!! never has such a thing happen on my bike dude. only pure negligence/ignorance will cause such failures.

each time i am ready for a trip, i get the rd out of the garage, gas it up and drive for about 50 kms in town just to ensure all clear since its been parked for 5 months, then i am off on my trip. and once back, i have it checked up, washed and again driven for 50 kms in town and back it goes into the garage for the next 5 months. simple and reliable.

by the way, can you imagine having a flat tyre of your new ninja and the tyre being removed with a crude pry-bar at the side of some god forsaken highway? there are advantages and disadvantages but its not relevant to have to make a choice between an 80s rd and a latest ninja.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 19th October 2009 at 21:34.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
leaking carb? worn selector rod? leaking coil? whoa!! never has such a thing happen on my bike dude.
You are a lucky guy unlike me Well, you can see from the pic how pristine my beauty is. But, my stars regularly hides when im on my RD350
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
You are a lucky guy unlike me Well, you can see from the pic how pristine my beauty is. But, my stars regularly hides when im on my RD350
Happens only in one blue night..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks