Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 15:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

My '95 HH CD100 bike will approach its government-mandated life of 15-years this June.
While I would love to get it all done up and re-registered for another 5 years, I do not have the time to run around mechanics and then the RTO guys.

So, planning to exchange it for a HH Splendour (not decided model yet, but it would be only a HH). What do you guys think I can expect as exchange price for it ?

1) The odo reads 56K kms, but it has done more - have had few instances when the odo was not working for few months at a time.
2) Bike is in working condition (starts at first kick) and I use it regularly.
3) No battery. Other than HeadLight and RearLamp, no other electricals work.

Would really appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th February 2010 at 15:27.
Old 5th February 2010, 15:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
My '95 HH CD100 bike will approach its government-mandated life of 15-years this June.
You can expect 7-8k max. If you can haggle around a bit, then probably close to 9 or 10k.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:10   #93
BHPian

Thanks Abhinav,

Can you direct me to some good Jawa/Roadking mechanics/dealers in Bangalore.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:29   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Thanks Abhinav,

Have sent you a PM with the details. Hope that helps!
Old 6th March 2010, 19:11   #95
BHPian

i have been offered a std. 350 bullet, year of make - 2006, 7000 kms bullet. well maintained at primarily authorised service stations. I will be buying the vehicle in delhi and running it around delhi. Owner is a friend of friend.

Is Rs. 45k a good price for the same? I am a noob with respect to Bullets. Wanted to buy one, tour a bit, and figure out what bullets are all about:-)
Old 18th March 2010, 17:16   #96
BHPian

I have a Pulsar 2003 Model 150 CC with Self Start. The self start works now also. I would like to know what would be the price for this bike?

It has run 60000 kms and has been rebored once at Khivraj.

It has a one month old Amaron battery and a new front tyre and relay.
Old 19th March 2010, 13:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I have a Pulsar 2003 Model 150 CC with Self Start. The self start works now also. I would like to know what would be the price for this bike?

Abdul , anything around 25k should be a good price.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:03   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
i have been offered a std. 350 bullet, year of make - 2006, 7000 kms bullet.
What is the condition? 7k in 4 years? How many services has it been through?
Old 19th March 2010, 14:40   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Abdul , anything around 25k should be a good price.
Hi,

I am getting quotes around 15- 17 k only, placed an ad for 18k :(
Old 19th March 2010, 14:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Around 23-25k is a good price.. Try to find a direct buyer and you can expect a thousand more.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am getting quotes around 15- 17 k only, placed an ad for 18k :(
Be patient and look for some more buyers. You could also ask your bike machanic to look for some buyers. The bike is definitely worth more than 17k.
Old 19th March 2010, 18:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Be patient and look for some more buyers. You could also ask your bike mechanic to look for some buyers. The bike is definitely worth more than 17k.
+1 Specially the part highlighted in bold is the best suggestion.

The mechanic will be able to find you a buyer for a better price than what you have been offered.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

What can we expect for our 1996 Kinetic Honda, which we want to exchange for a Scooty Pep+ ? Bike is in working condition & being used daily - FE seems to be quite low though. An used-bike buyer is quoting 6500. Is this the max we can expect ?
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:03   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Thanks Abhinav,

Hi,

I bought a Roadking about a month ago after 3 months of searching and a LOT of time with various mechanics and friends who are Roadking owners.

Prices (in Bangalore):

These vary greatly depending on location. You can be sure that the MOST EXPENSIVE Yezdis and Jawas are to be found in Bangalore. This is because of the huge demand there is for this classic piece of machinery, particularly in the last couple of years.

Roadking:
Current prices for a Roadking vary from anywhere between Rs.17,000 to Rs.30,000. For Rs.17,000 you would probably get a good engine but would have to seriously invest in paint, chrome, tyres and other odds and ends. The odds are you would also have to pay for some aspect of the paperwork or the other (Registration, Roadtax, Insurance, Emission). Please understand that these significantly increase the price of the bike. A set of tyres alone would set you back Rs.2500. A set of side panels (decals) for the Roadking would cost you anywhere between Rs.900 and Rs.1500. Thus, for a bike that looks pretty good AND requires little further investment, it'll cost you somewhere around 22-25,000. Now these prices also vary depending on the bike you're getting. Remember that post-'90 was the CDI. These would cost you a bit more. If its a '95 or '96 you might pay marginally more (if at all) but you can be sure that there's no lapsing of the fitness certificate. But, you'll have to pay for that in a few months. When you buy the bike make sure you check the carb. A Paco is ok. If it has a JIKOV, just buy it. The carb alone will probably be worth a fair bit. One thing to check for is modifications. If the guy is has modified the bike it'll fetch a lot less than a stock bike and you'll have to pay a lot to get parts to bring it back to shape. Parts are a devil to find.

Classic:
I'm a huge fan of the Classic. They also sell for a lot less. You'll probably get a very good one for Rs.15,000 - Rs. 18,000. The trouble is that its not easy to find one. Its a lot easier to find Roadkings for sale these days. The odds are also that you'll have to pay a lot for the paperwork as most of them will be incomplete.

Deluxe:
I don't like the looks of the Deluze model though its essentially the same bike as the Classic. Don't pay more than Rs.18,000 for it (I wouldn't pay more than Rs.16,000). However, people ask for at least that much for it.

Standard Type B:
My favourite of the lot. A beautiful bike which retained almost everything of the Jawa except the tank. These are not easy to find at all. If you do buy one of these try and see that you are buying it from the original owner.

Jawa:
Today, these cost a bomb. I've seen Jawas from Rs.20,000 to Rs.1,00,000 (I kid you not!). My Uncle recently restored his '63 Jawa (himself, with his own two hands). Somebody walked up to him and offered him Rs.80,000 cash if he would part with it. Of course he didn't as it was hist first bike which his grandfather bought for him Remember that parts on this are worth their weight in gold. A mechanic offered my Uncle Rs.15,000 simply for his front drum.

Things to Remember:
1) These are biked which are very simple pieces of machinery. Once sorted out, they are beautiful pieces of work which will give you years of service. But, (and this is a big BUT) you need to have the time, patience and love to get to know the bike. I've spent the last 3 months with mechanics and pretty much every weekend with the mechanic with my bike, learning about it. It looks great but its not the sort of bike you just buy and show off. You need to understand it.
2) Paperwork: When you buy your bike, be very very careful about paperwork. The registration on mine was fine but there was no insurance. I had to get it done. These days insurance cos. are being mroe difficult about giving it to you in your name (as opposed to the name in which its been registered) though it can be done through an agent. A bike being sold for a lower price is almost guaranteed to have some sort of paperwork issues. You just might find that you have to pay a bomb for the roadtax or some such.
3) Number of owners: This is quite frankly a lot of eyewash. The 'no. of owners' referred to on bikes this old is merely the number that have had the registration in their names. It is not an indicator of the number of people who have actually 'owned' the bike, which is probably much much more. In the end, it doesn't matter and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If you happen to know a gent who has kep his bike to himself all those years and is prepared to part with it, then go for it. But, these are very rare instances.
4) Number of re-bores: This is again a much touted part of re-sale. Sellers will keep talking about Yezdi/jawas with 'sealed engines'. Quite frankly, this merely means that they haven't been re-bored. It does NOT indicate that it doesn't NEED a re-bore. Thus, you might actually find that having bought the bike at a higher price (since it is 'sealed') that you have to shell out even more on a re-bore. A good re-bore is better (and cheaper for you) than no re-bore.

Yezdi/Jawa Mechanics

I've written a whole section about this on my blog. You can check it out here The men who make it possible Being Thomas

Please know that there these prices are only a reflection of those in Bangalore (which are of course on the high side). You will be able to get better deals in Hassan, Mysore and Coorg. You will also probably get better deals in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. However, I've checked around and the difference in cost between the ones in TN and Kerala (and the ones in Bangalore) is only a couple of thousand. So you need to see if its worth the time, effort and cost involved in transportation and transfer of registration to actually buy it elsewhere (if you're based in a different state).

If you do see a cheap deal though, grab it! Its better than investing in mutual funds because the price of these bikes is only going to appreciate

Hope this helped.

And this being my first ever post on Team BHP, a big HELLO to you all

Cheers

Rahul
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:11   #105
BHPian

[quote=supremeBaleno;1795442]What can we expect for our 1996 Kinetic Honda, which we want to exchange for a Scooty Pep+ ? Bike is in working condition & being used daily - FE seems to be quite low though. An used-bike buyer is quoting 6500. Is this the max we can expect ?[/QUOTE

The market value for your bike will be around 9k to 10k I think. If you offer this in exchange , the showroom guys will always quote very less. So it is better to check outside if you want a good price for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks