Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 00:11   #91

Re: Presenting the worlds 1st Supercharged Royal Enfield - the Prostreet 700

Hi

That is a very nice piece of work!

Any dyno figures for this yet?
Any top speed runs ?

What is the current weight of the bike? It looks very much lighter than stock.

Also please let us know how you got the bike legalized. I have huge plans for bike customization, but homologation and registration are a problem in India.
Meaning any visible change to a Bullet other than the engine internals can be a problem.

How did you manage to get it done?

Regards
Vivek
Old 1st February 2012, 17:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep_movsd View Post
Hi

That is a very nice piece of work!

Any dyno figures for this yet?
Any top speed runs ?

What is the current weight of the bike? It looks very much lighter than stock.

Also please let us know how you got the bike legalized. I have huge plans for bike customization, but homologation and registration are a problem in India.
Meaning any visible change to a Bullet other than the engine internals can be a problem.

How did you manage to get it done?

Regards
Vivek
@ Vivek: current weight - around 200 kgs - with an empty fuel tank

dyno runs, top speed runs - none done as yet. As I said, we finished the bike a day before RM and are now running in the engine. Bike is on its way to Mumbai and should be here by Wednesday. Gimme a month or 2 to run in the engine and get a new flat slide carb that can do justice to the supercharger...will post dyno runs and top speed runs post that.

on legalisation, its a long story mate...prefer to take it offline. Drop me a PM with your contact details...we should chat sometime soon.

Last edited by ForcedInduction : 1st February 2012 at 17:50. Reason: Giving more information.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:57   #93
BHPian

Re: The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged

Some more pics that I got off a friends camera. These were taken at the RM2012 parking lot.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc05280.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc05281.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc05282.jpg  

ForcedInduction is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:53   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
@
on legalisation, its a long story mate...prefer to take it offline. Drop me a PM with your contact details...we should chat sometime soon.
I can't PM you here yet, I have not the exalted powers yet

Please email me on rep.movsd at gmail dot com or add me up on google talk on the same id
Old 26th March 2012, 18:09   #95
BHPian

Re: The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged -

UPDATE:

Alright guys, didn't get to update this thread for some time. Finally got a carb worth breathing through for the Prostreet. Took Delivery of my spanking brand new TM36-68 flatslide Mikuni carb with push pull and accelerator pump on March 10.

Got a sweet deal from Ebay, it took 10 days for the carb to reach Delhi Post office from California and from Delhi post office to Mumbai - 10 days!! Jai ho to the Indian postal service.

Anyways, took the bike to Anthony in Juhu (who I think is the best RE tuner in Mumbai) who fitted, jetted and tuned the carb beautifully. I have been running the bike since March 12 on a daily basis, including 1 trip to Manas and 2 to Lonavala with my buddies on SBK's and man, the way the pulls surprises me no end. Acceleration is amazing...sadly, the moment it hits the mid range, the clutch begins to slip.

I have ordered some new clutch bits from Hitchcocks which should be here by April 10th. Hopefully, the clutch problems will be sorted out by then.

Also need to get a new speedometer unit as the Phitsela Radon unit I installed is not working. On a ride to Manas, had a buddy follow me on his CBR1000RR and he said that one a couple of occasions, I was doing about 150ish kmph...more time will be spent on top speeds later...I am still running in the engine....approx 800kms done....will start opening her more after 2000kms.

Some new pics taken by a friend who is a far better photographer than I.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-prostreet11.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-prostreet3.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-prostreet2-copy.jpg  

ForcedInduction is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 16:49   #96
BHPian

Updated pics

Some new pictures I took last weekend. The monster TM36-68 carb with accelerator pump is installed and now running very well...Bike has really strong acceleration...done over 1500 kms time for oil change.

PSS: I know the mirrors I put look crap...they are just a temp arrangement till i get my hands on CRG bar end mirrors made of billet aluminium.
Attached Thumbnails
The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6150.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6162.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6163.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6164.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6165.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6167.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6170.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6174.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-100_6175.jpg  

ForcedInduction is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 23:18   #97
BHPian

Re: The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged

Some new pics sans the supercharger...which i removed a few months ago, to increase reliability and reduce maintenance headaches.

Bike runs great, just needs some TLC in the cosmetics dept, which has been lagging largely because of me not getting enough time.

The bike is now for sale. I have a VFR1200 and prefer to ride that on the odd weekend I get to ride out of town. As I am not getting to ride the enfield, I am putting the Prostreet on sale. Please refer to the classifieds section.

Thanks

Vivek
Attached Thumbnails
The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0503.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0484.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0485.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0489.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0490.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0493.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0495.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0496.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0498.jpg  

The RR700 Prostreet Turbo. The Ultimate Bullet mod job EDIT - Now Super Charged-dsc_0504.jpg  

ForcedInduction is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 12:42   #98
BHPian

Dear ForcedInduction,

At the outset, this post stopped my heart. I couldn't move after seeing the machine. A very bold move with loads of patience and courage. I have the normal TBTS 500. I think that this should definitely be the QUINTESSENTIAL mod job for a Bullet.

Wish u many many miles on this wicked, mean machine. Am sure you can smoke competition 'wannbees' away. Sadly, I am from Chennai and i don't think there's any way to see this in flesh. But as long as the riding spirit lives on, ride hard and safe!!

A big appreciation to your mentor and brains behind the project!!

Trumpet.
Old 19th December 2015, 11:18   #99
BHPian

I think this video gives a peep into what creativity can actually do...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks