Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 18:18   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo

Partha bro, I have a few confusions in your request:

: Going to ride alone with a pillion?

well, check out the pulsar NS too, if you are interested. It fits your bill pretty much. Did you look at Ninja 250, Hero ZMA, ZMA(ZMR) and CBR250 ?
Oops What i meant was occasionally i may have pillion, friends who may want to join for rides. Mostly I'd ride alone and on highways and hills.

Yes i love the Ninja 250 but its out of my budget of 1.5L. Ninja 250 wouldve been perfect though. Sadly i dont trust 2nd hand options since they would've ripped their bikes from day 1 without proper running in.

ZMA is one of the most reliable bikes imho. But have ridden many times right from the 2nd day after learning to ride and now frankly bored with it. CBR250 is kinda plagued with issues of spares from what i read in the ownership reviews and i would want my bike to be available daily for rides just as my car is.

I'd mostly cruise sedately though. Not interested that much in 3 digit speeds but would love a corner carver that can be a joy to ride in the twisties.

Regarding the NS 200, pulsars scare me. Though im used to riding a 220 but somehow i feel uncomfortable on it. There is enormous power on tap but its somewhat unforgiving.

There is only one ownership review of NS on tbhp and im following it. Seen quite a few of them on the highways. Will test ride that also. If it feels good I'd end up saving a lot and can invest in better safety gear.

How good is the r15? I like the refinement of the old one. I sometimes ride my friend's v1. Feels better than all the pulsars and zmas. Have never test ridden the new version. Im 5'9" and on the heavier side of 80kgs. Will it be comfortable enough for me for long rides? And are the spares cheaper compared to duke?

Frankly if id the money and space id have got both or a ninja but I've to choose only one. :(

Im going for test driving the duke and NS tomorrow. Just wish a dealer would let me test ride the R15.

Please give me a few pointers what i should look for in a bike when test riding it.

Many many thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 19:28   #62
BHPian

Re: Please suggest a new Bike for me!!

Dear Friends, I am ina confused situation here. My budget is +/- 2.5Lakhs for a bike.
Recently sold of my 1993 Rx100 and started looking for some big boys toys for me.
Can some one pls suggest me the market price for a USED CBR 400 NC29 and a CBR 600 F2/F3 and also if you have any one who can help me with a good bike. Not interested at all in the Ninja 250 or the CBR 250 of the Hyosung GT's. Looking for something IL4.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Not interested at all in the Ninja 250.
Any specific reason for this? Its a heck of a bike.
I doubt you are going to get an IL4 in your budget.

Edit:There are rumours regarding launch of Duke 350 by Diwali and Ninja 300 by early 2013 .

Last edited by ToroRosso : 28th August 2012 at 21:08.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:48   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
Any specific reason for this? Its a heck of a bike.
I doubt you are going to get an IL4 in your budget.

Edit:There are rumours regarding launch of Duke 350 by Diwali and Ninja 300 by early 2013 .
Na nothing specific as such, its just getting common these days! I am looking for something from the mid nineties the oldies IL4. Its just an impulsive buy which will hardly be ridden, not even 1000 kms a month. for daily commuting i have an esteem, a beat and a suzuki access.

Last edited by yogisays0909 : 28th August 2012 at 22:49.
Old 28th August 2012, 23:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its just an impulsive buy which will hardly be ridden, not even 1000 kms a month. for daily commuting i have an esteem, a beat and a suzuki access.
i am tempted to say Harley Davidson with that statement. Completely classic and with the amount of driving you do this can be babied for years to come before problem hits you.

I love harley but would take a Valkyrie anyday over Harley
Old 29th August 2012, 11:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

Mostly I'd ride alone and on highways and hills.

Yes i love the Ninja 250 but its out of my budget of 1.5L. Ninja 250 wouldve been perfect

Frankly if id the money and space id have got both or a ninja but I've to choose only one. :(

Im going for test driving the duke and NS tomorrow. Just wish a dealer would let me test ride the R15.

Please give me a few pointers what i should look for in a bike when test riding it.
If your ride is alone and in highways, ZMR suits you best. It may not the best looking bike, but for long trips, its too comfortable. ZMA on other hand may come as second option. But ZMR has advantage of rear disc brakes, FI and the mileage is great city avg 38-40 spirited highway mileage 42kmpl. Great on bad roads and highway stability is great, its a perfect Indian sports tourer. But rear stock tyre does not support bike's ability. I had ZMA since 2004 & switched to ZMR in 2010.

R15 on other hand is for very young people who want to show off. It is also good bike for cornering and gripping, but not suited for highways. R15 is for boys and ZMR is for Men.

On Ninja, please wait for 2013, the new model with dual head lamps is exiting and you may have budget by that time. Its gem if a bike and reviews say a lot, I have not road this bike so no comments.

I donot want to comment on Pulsars for the poor quality(old pulsers, not offending owners, its my opinion) and I donot know much about new gen 200 NS.

Also, please get a copy of "BIKE INDIA" magazine of Aug issue to get comparision on big bikes. You may hate R15 after reading the comparision.

While test riding the bike, check for initial pickup and the brakes abilility at speeds of 70-80. Check for cornering grip and engine refinement. Nothing much we can do when Sales guy is behind and in short city ride.

In case if you want to test ride my ZMR or want to know more on this bike, pls PM me.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 11:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I'd mostly cruise sedately though. Not interested that much in 3 digit speeds but would love a corner carver that can be a joy to ride in the twisties
Well well, bitten by the bike bug huh!

R15 will cruise at 3 digit speeds even if you dont want it to and is very clinical in the corners and you will enjoy it in the twisties. But in the city, it will not be very easy to ride since you need to constantly keep shifting gears. Though V2 seems to have improved on this, it still makes power higher up the revv range and is a little poor in the lower revvs. It can do 100+ all day on the highways and can reach up to 130+ (speedo indicated) top speeds if you are interested in that.

Duke200 OTOH, is an outright insane bike. You CANNOT ride the bike sedately. In my short 200m test ride the tacho was bouncing off the revv limiter in the first 3 gears. It begs to be given the beans and goads you for more, going by the reviews here in t-bhp and other forums. Handles corners really well and can potter around the city at 30kmph in 6th gear. You can cruise at 95-100 for long durations and can reach up to 136 (speedo indicated) top speed.

Decide your priorities and the way you like to ride then take a call! All the best in choosing and do let us know what you decide on.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 29th August 2012 at 11:37.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 13:46   #68
BHPian

Check out Duke 200
Pulsar NS200 : Almost the same performance with the ability to carry another human being with you... Poor man's duke if I may say.
R15 V2.0 's riding position is sporty and take a few test rides to decide before you take the plunge...
Also on academic appeal do test ride CBR 150 (its not special but a regular bike sold at extra cost)
Bazinga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 14:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the NS 200, pulsars scare me. Though im used to riding a 220 but somehow i feel uncomfortable on it. There is enormous power on tap but its somewhat unforgiving.

There is only one ownership review of NS on tbhp and im following it. Seen quite a few of them on the highways. Will test ride that also. If it feels good I'd end up saving a lot and can invest in better safety gear.

How good is the r15? I like the refinement of the old one. I sometimes ride my friend's v1. Feels better than all the pulsars and zmas. Have never test ridden the new version. Im 5'9" and on the heavier side of 80kgs. Will it be comfortable enough for me for long rides? And are the spares cheaper compared to duke?

Well I am going to put a bomb, why not a RE TBTS well, there was a mention about bike for boys and bike for men. TBTS - beat that I say. One hell of a waiting period, but worth waiting. It can't get any better for a sedate cruiser and it commands respect, its a no frills, no show off bike. I dont need to tell you where all a TBTS can go!
Any updates from your NS test drive? Did you check out the Apache 180 ABS?
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 01:54   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
If your ride is alone and in highways, ZMR suits you best. It may not the best looking bike, but for long trips, its too comfortable.

R15 on other hand is for very young people who want to show off. It is also good bike for cornering and gripping, but not suited for highways. R15 is for boys and ZMR is for Men.

On Ninja, please wait for 2013, the new model with dual head lamps is exiting and you may have budget by that time. Its gem if a bike and reviews say a lot, I have not road this bike so no comments.

Also, please get a copy of "BIKE INDIA" magazine of Aug issue to get comparision on big bikes. You may hate R15 after reading the comparision.
Sir many thanks for offering the test drive, but I've ridden my friend's ZMR extensively. On city rides and on highways. Its one effortless bike to ride. ZMR looks really good with its mirrors fully open while riding. I should add, ZMA is one of the best bikes available in the market. The lovely exhaust note, the easy handling, plush ride quality all in all it was a great package. Sadly it has lost its shine to the newer generations of bikes currently available. Im not opting for the ZMA and ZMR however as Im looking to go for a bike with a bit of sport pedigree in it. No offense meant to you and any other Karizma/r owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well well, bitten by the bike bug huh!

R15 will cruise at 3 digit speeds even if you dont want it to and is very clinical in the corners and you will enjoy it in the twisties.

Duke200 OTOH, is an outright insane bike. You CANNOT ride the bike sedately. In my short 200m test ride the tacho was bouncing off the revv limiter in the first 3 gears.
You bet im. In fact the parasite is running in my blood now All im doing is going through all the ownership threads on tbhp. I was tilted towards Duke from day 1 after watching this. I wonder how come they are not mentioned on this forum. They are doing an amazing job at reviewing these bikes and mad riding and video skills too.

However, having read Ebonho's, Rahulkool's and Shubz's thread completely, I learnt about a few niggles. Still Im to test ride the Duke and the NS. The Duke test vehicle isnt available at the Indiranagar probiking currently as it seems it has gone for some event. Tried two days to get a test ride but in vain. Will visit shortly.

How good is the R15's high speed stability? Also is it able to climb hills effortlessly? Im not able to get a test ride of the new model. Not at the dealership and none of my pals own the new version. I really want to check out the seating and ride comfort before deciding on either bike. Also there is only one ownership thread of the v2.0 on this forum. Can you direct me to any webpage where I can have read of the v2.0's niggles if any?

Question to everyone here. Is any dealer in Bangalore offering a test ride of R15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Check out Duke 200
Pulsar NS200 : Almost the same performance with the ability to carry another human being with you... Poor man's duke if I may say.
R15 V2.0 's riding position is sporty and take a few test rides to decide before you take the plunge...
Also on academic appeal do test ride CBR 150 (its not special but a regular bike sold at extra cost)
Not able to score a test ride of the R15. There are many residents in my neighborhood who own the R15 v2.0 but approaching them is a bit of a challenge.

Thinking of test riding the NS too after watching this. Seems to have improved handling. But will this be able to munch highway miles easily and maintain good speeds throughout the day without heating issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Well I am going to put a bomb, why not a RE TBTS well, there was a mention about bike for boys and bike for men. TBTS - beat that I say. One hell of a waiting period, but worth waiting. It can't get any better for a sedate cruiser and it commands respect, its a no frills, no show off bike. I dont need to tell you where all a TBTS can go!
Any updates from your NS test drive? Did you check out the Apache 180 ABS?
AK thats really a big bomb. Way back in April i was contemplating the CL350 as Ive used the TBTS for a long long time. But the thump of UCE engines is very mild sadly. The cast iron engine that my neighbor has makes a great racket. Also the niggled ownership of the Enfields along with one hell of a gestation period of a new bike is keeping me away. Also sometimes you get a condescending attitude of the SEs at the showroom which puts off the mood, that Ive simply walked out of the dealership in an instant. But eventually I should have one in my garage. Probably will go in for a pre UCE restored model. Lots of them in my hometown so relatively easy to get hold of one.

Enfield commands respect in India. that no other bike, not even a 30 lakh harley will have. No offense to harley owners. Ive seen harley's roll by without people glancing at all. But on the same street, the CL500 Desert Storm had eyes popping out of everyone. Probably only few could recognise a harley on that street. But everyone recognised the thump.

About the NS td, sadly im not able to head out for test drives till the Duke td is confirmed. I plan to do it all in one day as I cant spare time everyday. Also back to back TDs will help me choose the bikes easily. Im getting more and more inclined towards the R15.

Is it advisable to go for financing option via the dealer or through a bank of one's choice?

Thanks for all your advice friends. Hopefully will decide on the one in the next few days.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 31st August 2012 at 01:56. Reason: Removed smileys from quotes
Old 31st August 2012, 12:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How good is the R15's high speed stability? Also is it able to climb hills effortlessly?
Cruising at 120+ kmph all day is a breeze. Cross winds don't affect it much and the fairing design is spot on to prevent wind blast to the rider as much as possible. I have used a friend's v1 in the straights and found it very good. Only problem for me was my knee was fouling with the fairing (i am 6'0 only).

Climbing hills effortlessly is possible if you are in the right gear at the right time.

Quote:
Question to everyone here. Is any dealer in Bangalore offering a test ride of R15?
Try Perfect riders Lalbagh road. When I bought my FZ16 last year they had a dedicated test drive vehicle (it was v1 though).
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 12:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S
Is it advisable to go for financing option via the dealer or through a bank of one's choice?

Thanks for all your advice friends. Hopefully will decide on the one in the next few days.
Going to suggest a bike that no one has done so far! (Pun intended!)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2814934

come on, 3x7 = 21 gears! Even trucks have only 18 at the max!

Top Speed: Well, depends on how fit you are!

Fuel: Vegetarian/nonVegetarian. (your meal preference)

Maintenance: Nil

Niggles: I don't think so there could be any niggle.

Advantages: keeps you extremely fit, and yet gives you the fun of riding a bike. Important: Safety gear is very cheap. Even KTM makes those, so if you wanted a KTM, there you go! http://www.ktm-bikes.at/mountain/29e...ge.php?lang=EN

Its got those funky petal disk brakes too!

Give it a thought mate!

Well, so any updates on the KTM? Is there only one bajaj dealer in Bangalore for KTM bikes? I thought all pro-bike Bajaj's have KTM's and Kawasaki's in their showroom.

finance, go for it if you know the bank processes and the bank. See if you can get a quote of your own, and compare it with what the showroom offers you.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 14:12   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

Are you serious? What makes you think R15 is not for highways? Save for lugging pillion & off-roading, R15's (both versions) own the Karizma brothers. Braking, Handling, Acceleration, Top speed, fuel economy, you name it and it does better.

And yes, what is gripping? What do you grip with the R15?

Quote:
Due to commercial liaisons, few write which they shouldn't. So I shall take this with a pinch of salt. And yes, you can't expect a single cylinder 150cc SOHC, LC Motorcycle having 17PS to beat its competitors sporting at least 50cc & 8+PS. Not a fair comparison

Quote:
Cruising at 120+ kmph all day is a breeze. Cross winds don't affect it much and the fairing design is spot on to prevent wind blast to the rider as much as possible. I have used a friend's v1 in the straights and found it very good. Only problem for me was my knee was fouling with the fairing (i am 6'0 only).
While the fairing design is better and supports speed, it takes a while to build & sustain those speeds.

@Parthasarathig - The Duke 200 does everything better than the R15, sans a fairing. Corners? The R15 still has an edge. I would say, try to test-ride your choices prior to deciding. R15's are aplenty. And Duke 200 you are getting at the showroom for test-ride purpose.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 14:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Going to suggest a bike that no one has done so far! (Pun intended!)
Well, so any updates on the KTM? Is there only one bajaj dealer in Bangalore for KTM bikes? I thought all pro-bike Bajaj's have KTM's and Kawasaki's in their showroom.

finance, go for it if you know the bank processes and the bank. See if you can get a quote of your own, and compare it with what the showroom offers you.
Thanks for the healthy recommendation. I do wish to get back on the bicycle and frankly its the least headache matter if i chose the bicycle over the motorcycle one.

No updates yet on the KTM front. The Duke200 and and NS still need to be ridden but now im kinda more inclined toward the R15.

On the financing front. The Yamaha dealer is suggesting to go with the in house finance which is Yamaha Finance if i recall the name correctly. However it was less flexible and the loan period is maximum 36months. The emi is on the higher side also the downpayment is high. Should i opt for a loan from another bank? Can such a loan be sanctioned for 2 wheelers or do I need to go the personal loan route and then pay the dealer? The bank loan option seems better as it is more flexible in the duration. What would you advise on this matter? Others also feel free to chip in here.

Quote:
Climbing hills effortlessly is possible if you are in the right gear at the right time.
Try Perfect riders Lalbagh road. When I bought my FZ16 last year they had a dedicated test drive vehicle (it was v1 though).
I am now looking to go for the R15 itself, but will TD the Duke and NS nonetheless. I got in touch with Perfect Riders lalbagh road. The on road prices quoted by the dealers is same. Rs 1,33,202/-.

I then checked the price on Gaadi.com. The on road price is cheaper according to the site. Here is the screenshot of the pagePlease suggest a new Bike for me!!-r15.jpg

My question is why this price difference. Is there any possibilty of getting the dealer to agree on the gaadi.com price? What is the extra 5000/- for? Can someone give me an idea about this?

P.s how good is your FZ16 on the hills? Do you find the R15 a better handler or the FZ with its fat rear tyre? Also do you feel comfortable riding the R15 on long distances or the FZ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:35   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My question is why this price difference. Is there any possibilty of getting the dealer to agree on the gaadi.com price? What is the extra 5000/- for? Can someone give me an idea about this?
Gaadi.com pricing is at sea. The V2's pricing started at 1,15,xxx IIRC. And they are not the ones selling the Motorcycle, so they may go ahead & quote whatever they wish to. I don't think they even cared to update the prices post V2's arrival.

Quote:
P.s how good is your FZ16 on the hills? Do you find the R15 a better handler or the FZ with its fat rear tyre? Also do you feel comfortable riding the R15 on long distances or the FZ?

Thanks in advance.
A pro-rider shall find the R15 better, but for us normal folks, the FZ has tons of grip. You won't run out of grip on any of these two. abhinav.s shall say the same I believe. Same about braking.

Both are comfortable, the FZ is a bit better though. I personally find committed riding positions comfortable, so shall pick the R15 here.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks