Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 17:42   #31
BHPian

go to Johnnys garage in bandra. he ll tell you exactly what to do about the battery.
will send you his number, he maintains many superbikes
Old 9th November 2005, 17:46   #32
BHPian

go to

go to Johnnys garage in bandra. he ll tell you exactly what to do about the battery.
will send you his number, he maintains many superbikes
Old 24th November 2005, 02:43   #33
Max
BHPian

Well guys,

My Aquilas battery is going out every 10-14 days or so due to the fact I don't drive my bike much and its NOT driven enough to recharge its little battery (read ahead). I also use lots of horn and high beam which adds to electric bill . Well, its battery is used allot and this beast's heart has electric powered ignition system so if battery is out it just refuses to run.

My Aquila's original imported battery is costing rs.6000+. This really freaked out engineer inside me and I decided to find out solution for it. I opened my aquila's battery and I found its using pulsars 900MAh battery instead 12Ah battery required by Aquila (previous owner was smart). But since pulsar battery is small I have to recharge battery every 7-15 days because I don't drive bike much and I drive it on low speeds at lower RPM's so it doesn't get much time to get self recharge. Pulsar battery cost only Rs.900 (exide) as compare to original battery which costs Rs.6000+ and has waiting period of about 15-30 days. I went to market to check if any other higher capacity battery will fit in but in local market here all dealers are only selling Exide batteries and I was not able to find any other battery with greater Amps battery with aquila standard battery size. Pulsor battery is small for aquilas battery compartment but next higher Amps battery becomes too large for it. So I have to keep pulsar's battery in it. after all its local and cheap as compare to original battery price.

Well, wait, I am still not replacing my battery because its still holding 70% charge as compare to new battery so I have decided to keep using it. I have made external charger and plug system in my bike so that I don't have to remove covers every time I want to charge my bikes battery through external charger. Now I charge my battery every week for about 1 hour and it works wonderful.

Do any one know about some good quality branded 12V external battery chargers ? Any suggestion about price and where to get them ?

So I saved Rs.6000+ with simple Mod and external charger cost me only Rs.250. I know charger is not perfect but who cares if battery lasted for 12 months instead of 24 !! Today I studied internet allot and studies some basics of electronics and learned about resister thing which will reduce voltage of my battery charger from 15.5V to 14V required to charge battery. I will be asking my B.E. professor brother to find out correct resister value for me to reduce voltage and I think then charger should become little more perfect.

Overall, I have really learned lots of things with my aquila about bikes and electronics which I never knew before. Till today my Aquila is working very well with zero maintenance.

Extremely happy with my Aquila.

Cheers !!!
Old 28th January 2006, 02:31   #34
Max
BHPian

Well, I searched around in the market and found that no standard Exide brand battery is fitting in my aquila then one guy told me to look for sealed batteries. I was told to buy YUASA batteries (costing rs.1800) buts it is not readily available. its 7.5 amps 12 volt battery and it fit well in aquilas battery compartment. Now I searched more and found "spark" (must be) brand battery which is made in Malaysia (rs.600). Exide dude told me its also available in exide brand but since it wasn't ready hence I went with this Malaysia brand.

Ok guys, I replaced my bikes battery with 7.5 AMPS battery (brand is made in Malaysia) for RS.600/- from thane and its working fine. All problems are now gone and bike is getting instant start-up and I haven't charged it since last 3-4 weeks, so I guess replacing battery does the job.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Someone's selling a 2003 Aquila (abt 12k kms) for 1.25. How's that as a deal ? Of course, probably makes sense to wait till next year for the biggies...
Old 21st September 2007, 16:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Maintianing these machines would be hard, i guess Max should be able to throw more light on it

btw Max i think the self starter works well with a 14 amp batt, do check your manual.
Old 3rd December 2007, 21:32   #37
BHPian

BUMP

MAX and the other folks - do you think I will be able to get a user Aquila for about 1 lac in good condition?

What about the maintenance and availability of spares?
Old 18th August 2008, 09:34   #38
BHPian

Hi .. even i think that the price of 1.4 lac is too much .. you should get the deal settled at less than 1 Lac..The lesser the better..
Old 18th August 2008, 10:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Someone's selling a 2003 Aquila (abt 12k kms) for 1.25. How's that as a deal ? Of course, probably makes sense to wait till next year for the biggies...
Sameer did you buy the aquila?
Old 8th August 2009, 20:46   #40

If you folks come across an quila for second-hand sale with price tag around 1L please let me know

Sameer, did you buy it?
Max, how is your on-going experience with aquila?

Thanks to every one in this post for so much information

Note: I am a fan of cruisers, yet to own my first one !
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:38   #41
BHPian

Re: Hyosung Kinetic Aquila ? should i buy?

I know i am asking a query pretty late. However, after going through the posts, am sure that aquilla is a good cruiser. Will I be right to purchase one now... (i know I know, its 8 yrs old).. however, its owned by one of my good friends, has done only 8500 KMs (he owns it just for the kicks of it, i suppose :-))
He is ready to sell it below 80K.
Have done test rides multiple times. Runs smooth. He has replaced the battery with a new one (original). Only certain snags.. the tachy and speedy cylinders are little lose, the exhaust (silencer) has a hole due to corrosion (i s'pose).

Need expert advise from users of aqilla.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks