Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 00:31   #1
Max
BHPian

Hyosung Kinetic Aquila ? should i buy?

Hyosung Kinetic Aquila

http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/GV250.html

I know its little old bike in the market but man, 2 days back I seen this bike on sale here in local market. 2004 Aquila 2nd owner ( I will be third). The bike seemed in fantastic condition. The dealer is asking for 140k (rs.1,40,000) negotiable. I stay in Kalyan and nearest kinteic service station is 25 kms away from my home.

Please tell me would you recommend me to buy this bike ? I drive bike only for 5-10kms per day (locally). I am very peacefull rider and FE is okay for me (i think its 22kmpl).

If anyone owns this bike can you shed some lights on what is the maintenance and spare parts cost of this bike ?

I will be visiting thane kinetic dealer tomorrow for more info.

Also, is 130-140k price okay for 1 year old bike ?

Also, currently i own CBZ 2001 and its wonderfull bike.

Peace.
Old 13th September 2005, 01:07   #2
BANNED

hey, I feel its too much for the bike specially when u going to be the third owner. the bike was being sold for about 1.45 lacs so only a 5-10K drop in price -- ?? No way .. i'm sure if you look hard enuff ull get one cheaper than that .

cheers
Old 13th September 2005, 05:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would not pay a penny more than 1 lakh!
Old 13th September 2005, 12:39   #4
BHPian

Arround 80k will be a reasonably good deal... bargain hard. I don't think there will be many buyers for it...
Old 13th September 2005, 12:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

1.4 lakhs for a used Aquilia? That's the price they sold for NEW. If the present owner does not compromise on the price, simply look elsewhere.

BTW, you can still buy brand new Comet's from the Kinetic dealers. If you consider that you can get a low interest loan on the amount, it makes a whole lot more sense.
Old 13th September 2005, 13:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its really not worth buying a 3rd hand bike for 1.4Lacs that too considering the 1st hand was sold for 1.5L. Better get yourself one of the 20 remaining comits!
Old 13th September 2005, 15:31   #7
BHPian

hmmm... brand new comets available but if you are a cruiser lover, i would say pick up the aquila. sure 1.4 may seem like a big amount but in another year, if you want to sell it off (provided you maintain it well) you should be able to sell it for 1.35 types anyway so it shouldnt really matter.

the comet/aquila are not likely to face major drops in resale value due to their limited availability. since fresh new aquila are no longer available, they are maintaining good resale price (depending on state of bike of course); and will continue to do so....

same with all imported bikes. whatever price you buy it for, the resale value is pretty much the same -- due to limited availability.

so i think you should go for it, and plan to probably sell it off after a year.
Old 13th September 2005, 17:11   #8
Max
BHPian

guys, thanks for reply.

I think you guys are right. I won't buy it for more then 120k. Anyway, today I went to thane - aman kinetic and they said bike is out of stock and it was being sold for 170k on road.

then I went to service centre guy to ask for spares prices and he said people who buy imported bikes don't bother for paying spare parts !!!! well, I asked weather spares are easily available or not and he said spares are only available at jogeshwari service centre (60 km) away from where I live. I have their number and will call them later to see how nicely they reply.

I am thinking 10 times before buying this bike because of no service centre available near by :(
Old 13th September 2005, 17:42   #9
BANNED

Dude, if you have to think so much about buying this bike, don't buy it. Obviously something doesn't seem right to you.

1. It's way too overpriced, especially if you're a third owner. Wouldn't spend more than 80-90k on the bike. Also, why is this bike being sold twice in just one year? Could be fishy.

2. Spares are not easy to find and are expensive.

3. You'll have to ride 120 kms (to and fro) in hot, horrible Mumbai traffic just to get it serviced.

4. Resale won't be easy because it's not a common bike and not many people will spend that kind on money for it.

5. It looks small in front of a Bullet, and you don't want your cruiser to look small!

Cheers!
Old 13th September 2005, 18:35   #10
Team-BHP Support

i guess 1 lakh or say a little more (depending on the condition) would be a fair deal, but then i would consider the comet if i would be taking a loan as interet rates on new vehicles are lower. and come to think about it you'll get a brand new bike straight from the showroom.

manson.
Old 13th September 2005, 22:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

dont buy a used comet or any other bike that is on the other side of 80k. It doesnt make sense.

Kinetics are going to put the aquilas made in-house for much cheap. The date given was mid 2006.lets hope they fulfill the promise.

looking at the job they have done with the nova I haVE HIGH HOPES FOR THIS ONE.
Old 14th September 2005, 17:47   #12
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Its really not worth buying a 3rd hand bike for 1.4Lacs that too considering the 1st hand was sold for 1.5L. Better get yourself one of the 20 remaining comits!

dude i had just been to the kinetic showroom yesterday with my friend and there are another 200 comets reamining to be sold and not 20
Old 14th September 2005, 18:04   #13
Team-BHP Support

well then, they should be offering a bit of a discount on them? hmmm...Comet as my 2nd bike in exchange for the P180....I wonder....
Old 15th September 2005, 14:56   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
well then, they should be offering a bit of a discount on them? hmmm...Comet as my 2nd bike in exchange for the P180....I wonder....
yea sure . . . while a ceratin frustrated soul is yet hunting for his first bike . . that would be rubbing it in!

manson.
Old 16th September 2005, 23:29   #15
BHPian

LOL . . . Manson

@ Max: I wouldn't advise you to go in for that Aquila unless you're a die hard cruiser fan. Especially after devarshi84 mentioned that kinetic is gonna make them in house next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks