Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:37   #16
BHPian

great to hear another club being formed. all the best.

just that i hope that the pics in future will be limited to the bikes with/without the riders. honestly all other pics looks like some modeling photo shoot. sorry, dont get me wrong but take this feedback positively.
hollywoodhogan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2010, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
great to hear another club being formed. all the best.

just that i hope that the pics in future will be limited to the bikes with/without the riders. honestly all other pics looks like some modeling photo shoot. sorry, dont get me wrong but take this feedback positively.
Thanks for the wishes. of course, all these pics are limited to bikes and its riders only, i hope i haven't posted anything off topic, its not some bikes commercials or something to show only bikes and riders along. its a club meet, so i feel nothing wrong taking pictures of members without bikes. quality of the camera, lens, poser's attitude makes it looks like modeling photo shoot. is it wrong to post good quality pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
What tuning have you done that makes your Enticer beat Apachi RTR 160, RX135 stock, Yamaha FZ/Fazer, Pulsar 150 DTSI, Avenger.

What is the stock top speed of Enticer? and what is the top speed of your Enticer?
any bikes or cars requires maximum flow of air to the carburettor for the better combustion, that is why after market air filters are famous for. so that intake air will be more with a proper filtration. i have given provision for allowing more air in the air filter chamber by making small air scoops. the carburetor sucks the air from both the main, air inlet and scoops simultaneously with proper filtration from dust. there will be 2 elements on the air filter (non paper air filters) i could have used K&N instead of all these, but K&N output is too much for bikes below 250CC
so the initial seems to great because of sound, but lack of top speed. it definitely gives performance at some speed. even the custom made air intake also lacks top speed, but i designed for fastest 0-80kmph. with proper air fuel mixture, gives awesome throttle response. and used platinum tipped Spark plug for better performance and fuel efficiency. on top of that, clutch setting adjustment to be made in a proper way. my bike in stock was performing 0-60 in 8.2sec and a top speed of 115 on speedo with best fuel efficiency of 54kmpl. now 0-60 in less than 5 sec and tops 108-110 on speedo with best FE of 83kmpl. still more initial can be gained using 14teeth front sprocket with stock rear. and it tops 100kmph, shorter rear sprocket helps in gaining top speed.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th April 2010 at 17:14.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 12:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on starting this club.

We at Team-Bhp do not allow vehicle specific thread but since this is discontinued & rare model we will allow it so that owners of this bike can discuss their experience & issues.

Also use some discretion while posting pics.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th April 2010 at 13:00.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:41   #19
BHPian

are you guys using slicks for front tyres for extra adhesion?
Old 6th April 2010, 16:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats on starting this club.

We at Team-Bhp do not allow vehicle specific thread but since this is discontinued & rare model we will allow it so that owners of this bike can discuss their experience & issues.

Also use some discretion while posting pics.
Thank you sir, for your support. i believe you understand the genuine reason for starting a thread for Yamaha Enticer Club-Bengaluru in Team-BHP. Thanks to Team-BHP for giving us a space to interact with other enticer owners, fans, motorcycle enthusiasts. sure, i'll take your guidelines while posting pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
are you guys using slicks for front tyres for extra adhesion?
No. these are all stock tyres. Enticer has not come with slick tyres like FZ16

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th April 2010 at 17:14. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 17:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
may be the company has not given much power for this bike, but it can be tuned to beat, Apachi RTR 160, RX135 stock, Yamaha FZ/Fazer, Pulsar 150 DTSI, Avenger,
My enticer is the Quickest Enticer (no engine modification) 0-60 in less than 5sec. and the Fuel economy is 83kmpl in Highway with single rider.
While I understand you enthusiasm for the bike, saying that an Enticer can beat all those bikes is a bit far fetched.

Before you say its for the tuned state then lets first see a tuned Enticer perform & compare against all these bikes before making such claims.

One more thing We do not promote unsafe stunting, so make sure that all stunt pics ( Practicing or performing) should have the rider wearing atleast an Helmet if not any other safety gear.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 18:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
While I understand you enthusiasm for the bike, saying that an Enticer can beat all those bikes is a bit far fetched.

Before you say its for the tuned state then lets first see a tuned Enticer perform & compare against all these bikes before making such claims.

One more thing We do not promote unsafe stunting, so make sure that all stunt pics ( Practicing or performing) should have the rider wearing atleast an Helmet if not any other safety gear.
Ok, we'll will wear helmet when ever we do stunts, and just for photographs i had removed the helmet.

if it is allowed to post the video of drag race of enticer vs the above said vehicles, i'll post.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

If the drags are done private road(i.e. not public) & in a professional manner (read as proper riding gear, all safety measure taken etc) then you can post.

Apart from that if you have measured timing for all these bikes then you can post the timings here. You would also need to mention the mods carried on the specific Enticer to achieve those figures.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. It would be very interesting to know more details on how the enticer could perform so well, especially against bikes of higher CC. By the way, whatever you have done to your bike, can it be categorized as tuning or modification? If it comes under modification, in my very personal opinion, its wrong to compare with other bikes in stock condition. A million dollar question would be, what would be the result if the other bikes are tuned/modified to get better performance?

Anyways, please do provide more details on how you arrived that your bike can beat the other bikes you stated. Yes, it would be great if you could share the timings too. If possible, do post pictures depicting what has been done on your bike.

Last edited by funkykar : 6th April 2010 at 23:01.
Old 7th April 2010, 01:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

I find it weird that you are popping wheelies on enticer. AFAIK, it was launched as a cruiser.

I always liked this bike for it's appearance.
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2010, 08:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I find it weird that you are popping wheelies on enticer. AFAIK, it was launched as a cruiser.

are cruisers not meant for wheelies? wheelie requires two wheels and an engine. wheelie can be done with any vehicle. more over it has the same basic structure like fork above the front wheel, drive to the rear wheel with clutch, handle bar to control, etc., You can find videos of famous cruisers on you tube.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post

Me too.

@Karthik, do not take it as offensive comment, but I too love Enticer for the looks & cruiser type looks and I'm yet to see (and don't wish) to see any cruisers like HD or Indian on stunts (exception on Sportsters). I love cruisers & somehow Enticer is more appealing to me than Avenger, may be I'm a fan of RX, but that cannot justify the love for Enticer.

IMHO, carry a performance mod & do a drag rather than stunt; stunting on Enticer looks to me like Clint Eastwood in Rush hour.

Last edited by aargee : 7th April 2010 at 08:36.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:09   #28
Team-BHP Support

Enticers were built for a purpose, the same way in which Elim/Avenger is built, or the Hogs are built,
no one drags Hogs or stunts with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
this bike is still available in Europe and Indonesia as Yamaha Enticer YBA.
It is available in Europe as YBR custom
Quote:
but it can be tuned to beat, Apachi RTR 160, RX135 stock, Yamaha FZ/Fazer, Pulsar 150 DTSI, Avenger,
and if the machines you beat are stock, what if they are tuned?
compare apples to apples

Don't want to sound like granny or not trying to spoil the party or fun, but safety gear isn't only a helmet and that too not a half-face or modular,
please wear an armored jacket/gloves/knee guards and ankle length boots

Happy Mile Munching
Old 7th April 2010, 11:54   #29
BANNED

Its not a cruiser for sure.

Had this bike when it was launched in our group of friends. It is underpowered for the highways but the engine was super smooth.

Overtaking was a bit scary and the riding position did get painful over a period of time.

The pillion was comfortable with the sissy bar helping a lot.

If only this was a higher cc or a twin it could have been much better.

Why was this model stopped in India?
Old 7th April 2010, 12:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its not a cruiser for sure.
Oh!!! I was under the impression always. Could you tell me how it wasn't?

Quote:
Had this bike when it was launched in our group of friends. It is underpowered for the highways but the engine was super smooth.

If only this was a higher cc
+1

Quote:
Why was this model stopped in India?
I think Karthik tried explaining it here, but not detailed enough though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks