Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 22:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

I wont initiate any more Clubs for sometime now. Already too occupied with FCB.

GOOD LUCK YEC.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:58   #92
BANNED

Hi all,

When is the next event guys ? I don't see any thing happening now, are the founders very busy. 27th June and 4th July are the dates for BCSC's and FCB's rallies respectively.
Old 1st August 2010, 18:36   #93
BHPian

Hi Sujith, spoke to Karthik about the probable dates for the YEC meet. It has been quite some time now that, YEC meet hasn't happened ( as you noted ). We'd planned for 7th August, but it didn't work out. August 15th is also a possibility, but will let you know in a short while. Anyways, hope that you'll make it to the YEC meet this time round.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Good to know. I will try and make it for the upcoming event. Have you guys planned an itenary yet?

Off topic: I need to pull my socks and get the 118 NE Club Bangalore rolling soon.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Came to know of this club very recently, great going. However if you guys accept other cruisers like the one I have it would be much more fun.

Riding on highways, mile crunching, wind on your hair, macho feeling. I am on. The king of the road feeling you get out of a cruiser by way of its seating position is just great.

Bye the way, the logo reminds me of Paul Jr. Of OCC Fame.

And you still think your bike smoking dust on others / showing bu**, Well lets have a race, Man the enticer engine is real punny. Bye the way I am planning to mod my bike, would like to share with you more on that.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:21   #96

Re: Yamaha Enticer Club - Bengaluru

Hey Guys ! Congrats to the YEC ! Great pics indeed :-) My friend has a Enticer golden beige color...i would want him to part of this group too...i will post his contacts so he can be reachable for any new events from the club...As he is not a team BHP member, i am sharing his contacts...Simon - 98453 14475. Also, planning to change the tyres with a little broader ones for the back wheel...Suggestions needed soon...as the existing tyres are worn out.... thanks !
Old 25th April 2013, 22:14   #97
BHPian

Hi Guys, Wanted to know if anyone has tried replacing the stock carburetor with a Rx100 carburetor on a Enticer.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye View Post
Hi Guys, Wanted to know if anyone has tried replacing the stock carburetor with a Rx100 carburetor on a Enticer.
We havent heard of it. However, one of our club members has tuned the stock carburettor, by making some minor mods and the result is there to see. The Enti howls and the torque has seen an upward curve. FE has not been compromised even one bit, though.
Old 28th June 2013, 16:38   #99

Hello all,
I am trying to source OEM parts for my Yamaha Enticer, does anyone have any contacts on this in Bangalore. The mechanical parts of the bike are completely fine even after years of brutal abuse (Thanks Yamaha!), it is the cosmetic stuff that i need. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 5th July 2013, 17:29   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAMAB View Post
Hello all,
I am trying to source OEM parts for my Yamaha Enticer, does anyone have any contacts on this in Bangalore. The mechanical parts of the bike are completely fine even after years of brutal abuse (Thanks Yamaha!), it is the cosmetic stuff that i need. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hello Ram,

Over the past few years, due to my YBX, I know a few outlets in and around JC Road wherein, you may find spare parts of Yamaha motorcycles (well almost all).

Obviously, the ocean of spares is " Motorcycle House/Motorcycle components" on JC Road. Another one is Santosh Automobiles which is off JC Road. And recently, I purchased the original Side Covers (Gold Colour) from Gowri Automobiles on RV Road (opposite to Majestic HERO showroom). Neither Motorcycle House nor any Yamaha showroom had this part and in spite of that, I was able to procure from this fella. Seems a reasonable one.

Having said this much, I doubt if there is ONE outlet where you can find all you need. You will have to run around between few shops before you can find what you want. (And thereby let your bike know how much you love her).

Cheers.
revvinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 19:45   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Hello Ram,

Over the past few years, due to my YBX, I know a few outlets in and around JC Road wherein, you may find spare parts of Yamaha motorcycles (well almost all).

Obviously, the ocean of spares is " Motorcycle House/Motorcycle components" on JC Road. Another one is Santosh Automobiles which is off JC Road. And recently, I purchased the original Side Covers (Gold Colour) from Gowri Automobiles on RV Road (opposite to Majestic HERO showroom). Neither Motorcycle House nor any Yamaha showroom had this part and in spite of that, I was able to procure from this fella. Seems a reasonable one.

Having said this much, I doubt if there is ONE outlet where you can find all you need. You will have to run around between few shops before you can find what you want. (And thereby let your bike know how much you love her).

Cheers.
Hi RevvinHard, thank you for your advise, i was able to get all the parts i needed through a local garage, As of today she is almost back to her original self with one exception but that later.
I am thinking of now swapping out the Engine, I wanted opinions on this firstly is it advisable..? Has anyone attempted this modification? Which engines can be used? I am thinking of swapping it for a 150CC engine have not taken any expert opinions yet, I have thought of modifying the engine but somehow i want to stay away from doing that.
Thoughts Welcome...
Old 28th November 2013, 13:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAMAB View Post
Hi RevvinHard, thank you for your advise, i was able to get all the parts i needed through a local garage, As of today she is almost back to her original self with one exception but that later.
I am thinking of now swapping out the Engine, I wanted opinions on this firstly is it advisable..? Has anyone attempted this modification? Which engines can be used? I am thinking of swapping it for a 150CC engine have not taken any expert opinions yet, I have thought of modifying the engine but somehow i want to stay away from doing that.
Thoughts Welcome...

Hello Ram,

My Enticer runs currently on a 150 cc engine. The conversion was done by DTW, Bangalore. It has been 5.5 years and after the first one year or so of controlled riding, it's been absolute mayhem. Haven't had any mercy on her in terms of wringing the throttle.

Power output (as per the Dyno report provided by DTW when the conversion was done is about 16 PS) and yeah it does show as you approach the higher end of the power band; whenever I have been on the Outer Ring Road, on a lot of occasions, there have been only a few metres of gap between me and P220s (spirited rider), CBRs(not so spirited), RTRs(needless to mention the mindset of the rider ) and there is ABSOLUTELY no lag in going from 80 to 115 KMPH (Speedo reading). The max I have taken the speedo needle is 120 KPH (I outran an RX 135 on this occasion) and my friend managed a 122. Torque delivery is stunning and the bike manages to pull in 3rd gear between 10-15 KPH. Mileage used to be around 48-50 KPL in the first 2 years of conversion, but now, it has dropped down by about 4-5 KM. Refinement is simply superb (in fact better than some of the stock Enticers) despite having covered almost 65000 kms after the conversion.

Just hoping that I'll be able to complete the magical figure of 1 LAKH Km on this piston.

Some figures for your reference:

1st Gear - 40 Kmph
2nd Gear - 60 - 65 Kmph
3rd Gear - 95 Kmph
4th Gear - 122 Kmph (on a descent)

Cheers.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:50   #103
BHPian

Every time I bring your heart to life, you make my heart miss a beat,
Every time you are admired, I feel like I should take the admirer's seat,
As I push you into a corner with the speedo showing a three digit,
and you make the others beat a hasty retreat,
I feel we have achieved another feat,
But the most important thing is,
we make each other complete.

Love you Babe (My Enticer)
Old 19th August 2018, 09:43   #104
BHPian

Enticer experts, please help me with this query that I posted on the other thread ...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4446489
Old 11th June 2019, 17:44   #105
BHPian

Hi All,

I just acquired an Enticer, kick start. The prev owner changed the handle to a cafe racer and hence the cables et all too. I have the original handle. Electrical seem to have issues as only the Horn, High Beam and Tail Lights are working.

I have done what I could at home to make her ridable and road worthy. I got the names of the shops and area where I can get the spares from this thread.

Any good mechanic and electrician near Marathahallai/ Kundalahalli Gate where I can restore the original Enticer?

I plan to get all the cables, side panels and tail panels replaced, and the original handle re-fitted. Remaining, all is in good condition.

Cheers,
Saurab C

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 11th June 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Added handle to the list of planned work

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks