Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 16:41   #1
BHPian

Karizma ZMR being phased out?!?!?

Hey guys.. Heard that the ZMR will be phased out very soon. Anyone knows anything about it? Also how are they doing in terms of sales? Last I checked it had a waiting period of about 6 months in Bangalore. Is it just a gimmick to tell people that its selling like hot cakes?
Old 30th April 2010, 16:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

the only thing different in ZMR will be the front fairing and new graphics , rest all remains the same , but this won't be happening anytime soon !!
Old 30th April 2010, 17:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Hey guys.. Heard that the ZMR will be phased out very soon. Anyone knows anything about it? Also how are they doing in terms of sales? Last I checked it had a waiting period of about 6 months in Bangalore. Is it just a gimmick to tell people that its selling like hot cakes?
Source of the news please??

Till date i have seen only 2 ZMR's in and around our area in Bangalore and none outside of our area or the area's that i frequent.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
the only thing different in ZMR will be the front fairing and new graphics , rest all remains the same , but this won't be happening anytime soon !!
Its not just the fairing and the new graphics.

The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air.

There are minor changes in the engine and the fuel delivery system i.e. New PGM-FI against the Carb on the ZMA, including gas charged shock absorbers.

Though the new ZMA does not seem to have taken off in the market.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Source of the news please??

Till date i have seen only 2 ZMR's in and around our area in Bangalore and none outside of our area or the area's that i frequent.
Well the source is a friend who has a competition dealership but he says that he also heard about it. So not too sure.

Yes, I dont see any ZMRs on the road. May have seen 1 unlike the old Karizma which is everywhere!
Old 30th April 2010, 17:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Well the source is a friend who has a competition dealership but he says that he also heard about it. So not too sure.

Yes, I dont see any ZMRs on the road. May have seen 1 unlike the old Karizma which is everywhere!
Are HH thinking of stopping the ZMA then instead of the ZMR since its eating into the sales of the ZMR. Any source of obtaining the sales figures of 2 wheels?

Or was your friend sure that it was the ZMR?
Old 1st May 2010, 07:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

They should stop producing it and come with something better.
I hardly notice any ZMR's on road.
Old 1st May 2010, 08:26   #8
BANNED

The ZMR is not being stopped. The old Karizma has already been stopped. Some dealers may still be selling old stock.
Old 1st May 2010, 08:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

ZMR bookings are not made in many parts of the country. They say that bookings are temporarily suspended for reasons unknown. Some say that there is some technical glitch with regards to the FI unit and so.

And yes, except for some hardcore HH/HMSI fans, the ZMR has NOT taken off well.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

I was told there are some labour issues in the factory where it is being produced and hence bookings are on hold.
Old 1st May 2010, 13:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Its not just the fairing and the new graphics.

The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air.

There are minor changes in the engine and the fuel delivery system i.e. New PGM-FI against the Carb on the ZMA, including gas charged shock absorbers.

Though the new ZMA does not seem to have taken off in the market.

the new ZMR will be fully faired but , it will be much better looking ...

It already has one of the best FI system in India , and i don't hero honda will do anything except for new graphics or colors as of now ...

We can expect 17 rims setup this time !!!

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 1st May 2010 at 13:33.
Old 1st May 2010, 23:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
the new ZMR will be fully faired but , it will be much better looking ...

It already has one of the best FI system in India , and i don't hero honda will do anything except for new graphics or colors as of now ...

We can expect 17 rims setup this time !!!

Will be???

Another one?

They still show the bike's advt on TV during the cricket telecast and hence I think this story is a rumor.

They said Honda Activa was in great demand and hence in short supply when the real reason was different.
Old 1st May 2010, 23:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hero Honda is having supplier issue for supply of batteries for the ZMR. Hence this issue of the ZMR's dispatch on hold.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Hero Honda is having supplier issue for supply of batteries for the ZMR. Hence this issue of the ZMR's dispatch on hold.

Cheers,

Jay
Tough to believe that. Does the ZMR use any special kind of battery ? I guess it uses the same 9Ah batteries that are present in all other bikes (150cc and above). How can bookings be stopped for such a long period just for the availability of a battery? Even if that s the case, shame on HH that it couldn't procure batteries from an other source till now!
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:43   #15
BHPian

its not only the ZMR booking which have stopped. i spoke to a HH dealer in Chennai about 2 weeks back and he told me that they have stopped the bookings for all HH models except the SuperSplendor. he told me that all the models are going to get "updated"..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks