Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 19:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the P220. Good choice!

And like desideep would like to know if its faired or non-faired one?

And once you are fully up and running on the computer some pics of the ride as well please.
Old 31st July 2010, 19:54   #77
BHPian

Guys, it's faired version. It had to be the faired one. I'm not a big a fan of the normal version. Initially, the bike felt weird when the fairing wouldn't turn with the handlebar. Initial reaction was "Why hell isn't anything turning??" but only when I was pushing the bike out of the service enclosure.

Guys, kind team-bhpians, friends, all those who found the rear view mirrors to be of faecal grade in terms of utility, has anyone successfully implemented a remedy for this problem? I've read on this thread that the RTR's RVMs are an option. Can such persons please share your infinite wisdom? I'm afraid to take it to the highway without proper mirrors. How do I go about fitting those mirrors?
Old 1st August 2010, 00:01   #78
BHPian

Sorry for the multiple posts, I kept getting logged out.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get access to a computer.

Desideep,
The height of the footpegs on the Bullet and the Pulsar may be different but, like you observed as well, it is difficult to lean. Also, the obscenely large turning circle (3 feet larger than my Bullet's) will be a pain in traffic.
100 km/h uphill or downhill?
Why are you selling off your Bullet? Did you complete the AVL hybrid conversion? Didn't find anything on the forum regarding the same.
Old 1st August 2010, 03:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

The 100 KPH was up hill cause then it feels more in control but those up hill were not very steep
Old 24th August 2010, 17:48   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

At the risk of hijacking and opening an old thread let me put across a question I have.
I am planning of buying a new bike and was inclined towards Unicorn Dazzler and the Karizma siblings. Though haven't done a test ride yet I got to have a close up look on Dazzler in a parking lot. Felt the bike bit short for me ( Iam 6 foot tall) . So as of now Karizma's are what I am inclined towards.
Now the question, agreed about better features like oil cooled engine, ECU and all; but is it worth the additional ~25K and go for ZMR instead of ZMA ? Also, is there any TBHPian who has got a ZMR ? I would be using the bike mostly for my office commute and occasional road trips on weekends.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:53   #81
BHPian

I really do not feel sensible investing 25k onto a machine(ZMR) which gives only 0.5 Horsepower more than ZMA and again who wants the additional risk of driving a fuel injected bike whose fuel settings can be changed only with a Laptop and even most authorized Hero Honda personnel dont know how to do it. ZMA rules. Dazzler forget it for your height. I am 5 7" and i felt Dazzler was quite short for my expectations.It looks like a toy bike.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:13   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the reply amit. Yes, I too didnt feel it much sensible, more so due to the list of technical changes it got compared to ZMA. As you said me too not sure capable service centres will be in troubleshooting in long run. Though the bike comes with 3yrs/ 40k Kms warrenty. The only thing i will miss if i go for a ZMA is the rear disk breaks, too bad they dont provide it even as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
I really do not feel sensible investing 25k onto a machine(ZMR) which gives only 0.5 Horsepower more than ZMA and again who wants the additional risk of driving a fuel injected bike whose fuel settings can be changed only with a Laptop and even most authorized Hero Honda personnel dont know how to do it. ZMA rules. Dazzler forget it for your height. I am 5 7" and i felt Dazzler was quite short for my expectations.It looks like a toy bike.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:43   #83
BHPian

My New P220F Pics - Finally!

Fellow Team-BHPians, thank you so much for your help, your inputs. Abhinav.s and Desideep, thank you for your congratulations. Finally got access to a friend's computer but have only three pics here. They were long, long overdue!
New Bike - KarizmaR (80%) or FZ16 (20%)? EDIT - Its Pulsar 220 F-p1000104.jpg

New Bike - KarizmaR (80%) or FZ16 (20%)? EDIT - Its Pulsar 220 F-p1000390.jpg

New Bike - KarizmaR (80%) or FZ16 (20%)? EDIT - Its Pulsar 220 F-p1000394.jpg

The bags were strapped for the ride to Chandigarh. At 65 kmph constant, I got 50 kmpl. Upto 75 kmph in Delhi, 45 kmpl. After running in, FE slipped to 39, 34 and then 32. All about riding style.

Took nearly two months to get a permanent RC but finally got it.
Old 28th September 2010, 00:00   #84
BHPian

Hey, I was just on the process of inquiring as to how to change the thread title. Looks like the Moderators did it on their own. Thanks for that, Mods!
Old 28th September 2010, 00:44   #85
BHPian

Congratulations on the great buy.
Hope you will be as happy as I am.
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:21   #86
BHPian

P220 Personal experience

hi Guys,
I own a P220 faired version the engine vibrations are too unbearable once it crosses the 4000 rpm mark in any gear even in neutral. I feel really irritated to drive it. I feel very happy to drive my suzuki access 125 with butter smooth engine and trouble free revving.

I would seriously recommend karizma zmr for the touring and daily commmuting believing the engine is as smooth as my access 125

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks