Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Just asked the dealer to stop the registration. Will check the bikes on Tuesday and decide on the least rotten one.
Oh God! Why Suzuki, why.. I had read that the rusting issues are resolved. But looks like its not.

Good luck with your selection process. Please ensure you get the tank replaced as suggested by the GS owners.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Oh God! Why Suzuki, why.. I had read that the rusting issues are resolved. But looks like its not.

Good luck with your selection process. Please ensure you get the tank replaced as suggested by the GS owners.
Thanks Abhinav! I got the bike today. It has already covered 100+KM since it had to be taken to a far away place for registration.

It is unbelievably smooth and it can only get better with more running.

The tank had rust and the dealer replaced it before giving the bike to me. It looks like an abyss, I wonder how much litres it can take in.

A word of praise to the Pandian, the guy who heads the sales in Jain's. He is very friendly and is ready to bend his back to help the customers.

All the staff at Jain's Suzuki are very courteous and they deserve an applause for it. I just hope they do the A** in the same way.

Pictures will be coming soon. It became dark by the time I came home so couldn't take pictures of my bike.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with your valuable comments!

Last edited by SchumiFan : 3rd August 2010 at 20:59.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:23   #48
BANNED

Congrats and I believe that the tank can take in at least 17.5 litres(from my experience).
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I got the bike today.
Congrats!! Did you get the color of your choice BLUE or did you have to take a different color?
Old 4th August 2010, 12:29   #50
BHPian

Congrats Schumi fan. Did you get the insurance free?
Old 4th August 2010, 23:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!! Did you get the color of your choice BLUE or did you have to take a different color?
'Blue' it is Abhinav, thanks! Really loving the bike. It has got a good thumping sound and is no way muted. But the smoothness in running is exhilarating. 4000RPM in 6th gear and we would doubt if the engine is really running. TVS people really should have got some insight on this before they ended their partnership with Suzuki!

It would have made them burn the competition; I am just drooling at the prospect of RTR160/180 with the smoothness of the GS. It would have been a killer combo with the Apache's headlights and brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Congrats and I believe that the tank can take in at least 17.5 litres(from my experience).
Thanks roadracer! 17.5 litres, it is going to take some time to fill the tank in fuel station and the bike itself will become even more heavier. I think filling 10 litres should be ideal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Congrats Schumi fan. Did you get the insurance free?
Thanks arsudarsan! He gave me the offer, he did actually mention it and reduced it from the total price, but I was still recovering from the hangover of the GS150R's TD, so failed to notice it.

But the showroom guy was kind enough to explain everything to me again and I liked the checklist they had with them to see if all the documents have been given to me.

Overall a satisfying experience with the dealer and a awesome experience with the bike until now!(touch wood)
Old 5th August 2010, 09:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! All is well that ends well! Now time for a few pics.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
+1.. Please post pics of the ride as soon as you get time to.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:27   #54
BHPian

Welcome to the GS Club dude. it sure is a great bike to ride. I have one which gives me mileage of 50, though the service guy says it will improve after 3rd service. great bike to own and ride. it sure is a monster on roads.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. Got to see the GS parked next to my Menace and for a second I couldnt believe how good looking the bike was. I paid attention to its looks for the first time, and man it looks awesome. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats dude. Got to see the GS parked next to my Menace and for a second I couldnt believe how good looking the bike was. I paid attention to its looks for the first time, and man it looks awesome. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.
Sammyboy, I was checking your thread for your experience on the RTR 180. But you were too shy to put some kilometers on the bike(just kidding) and my experience with TVS Bikes made me lose some power for some extra smoothness. Nevertheless, the RTR is a brilliant piece of machine and has its own advantages and Uniqueness.

The GS's 6th gear is a blessing on the highway which is were my bike will do most of the running. The bite of the disc is good and the brakes themselves are good.

I am not checking the fuel average now since I am not exactly nursing the bike. It is staying within the limits but it does speeds in a brisk manner while staying inside the rpm limits.

The self check it does when I put the key in the slot is a scene I can keep watching all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Welcome to the GS Club dude. it sure is a great bike to ride. I have one which gives me mileage of 50, though the service guy says it will improve after 3rd service. great bike to own and ride. it sure is a monster on roads.
I love its high sitting position and I can only imagine how it would feel for the pillion. The ride is very very comfortable and no jerks are transmitted to the body of the rider.

Quote:
+1.. Please post pics of the ride as soon as you get time to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Yes indeed! And I have a hunch that the engine on the Fiero and GS are the same except for a little increase in dimension and addition of the engine balancer technology. It sounds so similar to my F2 at the end of my 20KM run to home. The block is also too similar, so it re-iterates the fact that they are so confident of this engine performing its duties admirably.

Photos due this weekend. Sorry but there is no way I would be able to post it sooner. But will satiate your thirst for the GS on Saturday.
Old 7th August 2010, 22:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Gs150r

Just posting a picture to test this feature. More pictures coming tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-photo0012.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 10:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Some photos of my GS. Would try to get more photos and my experience with the bike as it gains some running.

Anybody know when how many litres does a bar in the fuel meter imply? Also when does it start blinking, i.e. after coming to the last bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0605.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0604.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0600.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0601.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0602.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0603.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0607.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0608.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0612.jpg  

Getting new bike-Apache RTR 160/180,Unicorn/Dazzler?Bought Suzuki GS150R Pg 5-img_0613.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 17:16   #59
BHPian

Congrats on your New Bike. Even my bike is of the same colour. But watch out for the rear brakes. Pretty Useless rear brakes. 80% of the braking is handled by the front. Do not exceed 60 KMS for the first 1,000 KMS. Every Week check the air pressure. The dealer recommended 40 PSI at the rear and 26 psi at the front. The ride was bumpy. Reduced to 36 PSI at the rear. Now the Ride is comfortable. What I wished to make it a 100% bike. One Rear Disc Brakes as option or standard, DC Electrical and battery powered Head Light and a little bit power. The bike struggles when riding with a pillon. You have to shift to second or first gear to get moving. The sixth gear is a boon. With the Engine @ 4500-5500 rpm, 65- 70 KMPH, the engine is silky smooth the bike is superb for munching kms on the highway

Good FE. Reckless Driving 45 KMPL. High Way Driving 60 KMPL. In city smooth driving around 52 - 55 KMPL. The tank holds 16.5 Liters. 1 Liter is useless. Always fills in 15 Liters of petrol. It comes up to the brim of the tank. At around 790 KMS, the fuel indicator blinks. Filliing up to the brim has advantages. You always know that 15 liters is filled which comes up to the brim. In case the Petrol Bunk tries to Cheat, you will easily come to know. During rainy season, the chain gets dry and makes a racket. Bring some used engine oil from a roadside mechanic and a oil dispenser. Lightly oil the chain regularly. The bike is pretty reliable. Give the bike for servicing regularly at the recommended kilometers.

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 9th August 2010 at 17:20.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:29   #60
BHPian

Hey schumifan, i m finally in. Got my GSR last saturday. The Blackbird. Let us all GSR owners start a official GS150R thread and continue out experiences with the bike there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks