Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2005, 23:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hi guys right now im running my bike on a company provided stock filter. can any one please suggest a good air filter. a guy on jc road is offerin me a filter called porsche or sumtin.... what shud i do?? i dont mind a drop in the mileage but definately want a better sound and increase in power. what about k&n??
UNI. filter
or else HP.same wiremesh pattern and costs much lesser than the K&Ns
Old 27th November 2005, 09:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

hey cbr. How much is this filter. Im thinking of getting one for my bike....
Old 27th November 2005, 12:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey cooljun,
i too am going to do up my kine in december.It is about 12 years old and has the imported honda engine...not the normal kinetic ones.Right now the current mods are meagre with the engine having been bored out to 110 cc(for mileage purposes)After the exams a k&n is going in(rs 2090)...a custom made stainless steel chamber with stainless steel mufffler(approx 3500),engine going to bored out to 135 cc.IRidium spark plugs.shogun pistons...and i saw this bmx cycle with these tiny disc brakes...thinkin of putting one in the front and getting the front mudguard made of fibreglass(or whatever material is used to make those bike body kits)
For the body im getting the bike painted metallic black..because the rims are already black.There ere 1 ft blue neon lookalike tubes and might put two of them underneath.
All my mods are going to be done at maha motors indranagar,tuner craft and dtw(for the fibreglasss thingy.Doing all this i am expecting a top speed of 120-130 enough to pump and shogun or even a stock rx100..
enjoy,
binz

ps@ psycho:im coming to your garage after my exams
Old 27th November 2005, 12:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

for the wheelies stand on the footpegs pust the front down the pull it while accelerating at the same time...you should be able to carry it for a full road if your bike has the ba**s....mine comes only for about 15 mtrs..

binz
Old 27th November 2005, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
hey cooljun,
i too am going to do up my kine in december.It is about 12 years old and has the imported honda engine...not the normal kinetic ones.Right now the current mods are meagre with the engine having been bored out to 110 cc(for mileage purposes)After the exams a k&n is going in(rs 2090)...a custom made stainless steel chamber with stainless steel mufffler(approx 3500),engine going to bored out to 135 cc.IRidium spark plugs.shogun pistons...and i saw this bmx cycle with these tiny disc brakes...thinkin of putting one in the front and getting the front mudguard made of fibreglass(or whatever material is used to make those bike body kits)
For the body im getting the bike painted metallic black..because the rims are already black.There ere 1 ft blue neon lookalike tubes and might put two of them underneath.
All my mods are going to be done at maha motors indranagar,tuner craft and dtw(for the fibreglasss thingy.Doing all this i am expecting a top speed of 120-130 enough to pump and shogun or even a stock rx100..
enjoy,
binz

ps@ psycho:im coming to your garage after my exams
u gonna bore the engine out to 135cc and put a shogun piston ???

what about the stroke have you checked it?
@islero yeah the filter is pretty nice.almost the same as k&n.costs 450bucks
Old 27th November 2005, 12:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000f
u gonna bore the engine out to 135cc and put a shogun piston ???

what about the stroke have you checked it?
please enlight me about all this coz i have no clue the engine part im leving it all to the mek...im just gettin the other stuff like the k&n...disc...chamber etc
Old 27th November 2005, 19:08   #37
BHPian

boring it out to 135cc is technically impossible on the kinetic bore!!!. my friend has a hp filter on his bike and dere is absolutely no difference in power.so i would still go for the proven k&n filter. the kinetic ground clearence is very poor and as i learnt the hard way one big hump and ur neons are history.
Old 27th November 2005, 21:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

it is possible...but i will check again and pm you.I agree that the ground clearance is low but look below and you will see that the side panels make a perfect slot for the neons...even if i go over a bad bump,the side thingies will protect the neons.The k&n as of now is out of stock at the distributer(ozz one),if you can find them plz drop in a pm.
As for your bike it sounds great.....we should definately meet sometime.The other stuf you can do is put a chamber....iridium plugs and the k&n....please post some pics and if you are willing to sacrifice your running-in try and find out what your bike tops out at..

enjoy your kine...

binz
Old 27th November 2005, 23:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
boring it out to 135cc is technically impossible on the kinetic bore!!!. my friend has a hp filter on his bike and dere is absolutely no difference in power.so i would still go for the proven k&n filter. the kinetic ground clearence is very poor and as i learnt the hard way one big hump and ur neons are history.
you obviously wont get performance increase without getting bigger jets with you.
the principal on both the airfilters are the same so cant really be much difference.
Old 9th December 2005, 20:35   #40
BHPian

high torque piston

hav any of u guys heard bout a high torque piston for a kini?? my mechanic says he will put a ht piston for me and my pick up will double. only the piston will cost.rs3500

Last edited by cooljun : 9th December 2005 at 20:49.
Old 10th December 2005, 15:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
hav any of u guys heard bout a high torque piston for a kini?? my mechanic says he will put a ht piston for me and my pick up will double. only the piston will cost.rs3500
sounds like any other local mech.
they use words like these to con a lot of people who dont know much about bikes.
my mech once told me his rx100 had turbo and was trying to convince me to buy it.
Old 10th December 2005, 15:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Who says you cant do a wheelie on 4 strokes or a stoppie on drums
Check this dude out:

source:xbhp

wow ...thats amazing ...
Old 10th December 2005, 17:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Dude,
just got the k&n for my kine and trust me the result is killer.....the sound after about 2000rpm(alteast)is to die for.VEry notable performance increase cannot be sure of how much(coz speedo cable snapped)but its really moving.Get one for your bike.

binz
Old 10th December 2005, 20:52   #44
BHPian

hey binz kan u giv me ur contact no?.wud luv to kum and chek out ur kine.
Old 11th December 2005, 11:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey binz kan u giv me ur contact no?.wud luv to kum and chek out ur kine.
9343537726....msg me.......come and check out my kine after i get my chamber(i.e. 15th)btw i stay in indranagar.

binz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks