Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2005, 17:14   #1
BHPian

hot-rod Kinetic honda

hi guys, just got my kini back from the mek after some unbelievable mods on it. my bike is an 88 model jap version. and here are the mods i got done- shogun piston wit rings(original piston), inlet porting,exhaust porting,same old silencer wit the filters changed and slightly bigger exhaust pipe.imported clutch shoes and bearings. the whole kob cost me whopping 4k considering the resale value wud be around 3k max for a 17yo bike.

performance-heres the good part- it can beat any splendor,ct100,activa,nova,nova135,or any other non geared bike.among motor bikes it can easily smoke any of the 100cc 4strokers.
can any body sugest any more mods?? if any of u are wonderin what kinda pschyo wud soup up a kini.?? its jus that im still underaged for a geared bike and i luv dragging.
Old 13th November 2005, 17:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
if any of u are wonderin what kinda pschyo wud soup up a kini.?? its jus that im still underaged for a geared bike and i luv dragging.
I did wonder, and now I know! You should meet up with the REAL psycho out here...

Good start at your age, and what a way to do it legally!

Welcome to TBHP. Read and follow the rules, enjoy the fun legally! Among the rules you will find "no chat language / slang", use smileys with discretion, etc...

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th November 2005 at 17:43.
Old 13th November 2005, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Kiny soup-up, hmmm. Nice to see kids actually going out and doing something out-of-the-box like this than the same old dalda-dabba, "mag wheels" (sic), vinyl etc. on their rice CBZ, Pulsars etc.

I am pretty sure your mech did nothing to the clutch. Except for better shoes as you mentioned.

All your scoot will do is go slower in the low-end if you really have useful porting and pipe in there.

The way to make it go faster is to make your clutch engage at a higher rpm so that you wont have to wait for the powerband to kick in.

If done properly even the Shogun whose piston you took wont catch you in a hurry.
Old 13th November 2005, 18:44   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I did wonder, and now I know! You should meet up with the REAL psycho out here...
REAL PSYCHO....true true..hey cooljun if u want to spruce up ur kine to something unbelievable then do contact our team bhpian "psycho"(yes yes his ID on the forum is psycho if thats an indication to what he can do)..damn im totally floored with some if his innovations..
PS : thats exactly why we refer to him as insanely psychotic..and im sure all the bangyboys will agree with me..what say boys and also better add the old men (read quite a few)..
Old 13th November 2005, 23:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

well well, a souped up kini emmm. try xbhp in between if your so found of two wheelers. take about draggin cars and you may have several serious competitors here

yah, meet psycho, heard abt him through mclaren. hehe. ask sam abt pyscho )

and i think old kinis have better price
Old 13th November 2005, 23:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey, aren't you on rddreams as well? m1g or some such nickname?

Anyway, sounds like a good job, and worth the money too!

Psycho, where art thou?!
Old 14th November 2005, 20:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
Kiny soup-up, hmmm. Nice to see kids actually going out and doing something out-of-the-box like this than the same old dalda-dabba, "mag wheels" (sic), vinyl etc. on their rice CBZ, Pulsars etc.

I am pretty sure your mech did nothing to the clutch. Except for better shoes as you mentioned.

All your scoot will do is go slower in the low-end if you really have useful porting and pipe in there.

The way to make it go faster is to make your clutch engage at a higher rpm so that you wont have to wait for the powerband to kick in.

If done properly even the Shogun whose piston you took wont catch you in a hurry.
thank for the suggestion. after tryin what u hav said my kinis power starts kickin in very fast. only thing my mileage has dropped to a pathetic(17kmpl)for a kini. which is not worth considerin that a good condition rd wud giv u the same mileage for power,looks sound etc about 100 times more
Old 14th November 2005, 21:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
thank for the suggestion. after tryin what u hav said my kinis power starts kickin in very fast. only thing my mileage has dropped to a pathetic(17kmpl)for a kini. which is not worth considerin that a good condition rd wud giv u the same mileage for power,looks sound etc about 100 times more
its a 2-strk man and 17 kmpl is pretty good considering that ur bike is now fully blown..a stock kiney gives arnd 32kmpl...
hey ur in bangalore right? why dont we drag?? jus kidding!
hey man, we must meet..maybe i can give u some ideas!
call me at 9886051522
Old 14th November 2005, 22:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

cooljun, dude you just reminded me of a scene from the last speed run in bangalore when a kiny really beat the crap out of a shogun!!! yes, it did...It was a stipped kiny so dont know what colour it was.

All I can tell is touchbase with "Psycho"...

By the way why dont we bangy boys meetup around weekend...so that we can test your bike and then suggest you suitable mods...Next mods are obviously getting a appropriately bigger carb, expansion chamber, lightening the crank, fixing high power cdi unit with magnet, platinum plugs, cone filter and clutch mods...And yeah, never say enough

Once you are done with all these, I will suggest you more
Old 14th November 2005, 22:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

he he u wanna take panka with a CT 100... hmmm...

good show! n ride safe dude
Old 14th November 2005, 22:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
its a 2-strk man and 17 kmpl is pretty good considering that ur bike is now fully blown..a stock kiney gives arnd 32kmpl...
hey ur in bangalore right? why dont we drag?? jus kidding!
hey man, we must meet..maybe i can give u some ideas!
call me at 9886051522
ther! he did it

what am to expect now? 200cc kino! nooooooooooooo
Old 15th November 2005, 00:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
ther! he did it

what am to expect now? 200cc kino! nooooooooooooo
didnt get u mate!
u gotta be kidding man....a 200cc kiney? dont get too ambitious in life man!
BTW, whats up wid the funny comments everytime, are u alright?
Old 15th November 2005, 12:52   #13
BHPian

hey i guys i do live in bangalore and i wud love to meet up wit u guys.my contact number-9886084567. yesterday afta i beat d crap out a splendor as i slowed down i felt the bike jerkin . on enquiry wit my mek i found out dat my clutch springs hav snapped.for some unknown reason my clutch has been givin me plenty of probs recently.
Old 15th November 2005, 14:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Post some pics of the clutch if you cant get anyone to fix it....Maybe people here can help.
Old 15th November 2005, 19:04   #15
BHPian

hey cooljun can u tell me where is that u get ur works done? coz i have a doubt in my mind!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks