Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 14:06   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post

Mojo - who picked that name, seriously? I can see the Advt now....

GF (looking concerned) - You are not yourself lately.
BF (looking pale) - I think I lost my mojo.
GF (cheerfully) - Not to worry, you can get it back at your nearest Mahindra bike showroom
<TaDaaa.... enter Mojo>
BF (back in form, riding his Mojo) - Oh baby, behave!
Tag line - now get your mojo back for just 1.75L
hey, you could become the head of a big ad firm man! hilarious!
Old 1st October 2010, 14:10   #92
BHPian

The MOJO surely looks unconventional in styling and will surely stand out on the Indian roads.

And yes it seems to have a Dual exhaust (don't know whether both are functional or one is just for balance of design).

Also couldn't help notice Mr. Mahindra in the last picture looking at the dual goggle like lights and thinking "May be... we could have gone conventional just here"
Old 1st October 2010, 14:42   #93
BHPian

To me, the Mojo looks like it is trying to create a RD350 kind of style with italian technolgy. But 1.75 for a single cylinder ? I'll reserve my judgement untill it is driven and reviewed.

And Stallio looks like a collection of design, style, reverse engineering rip-off of all 100-125 cc segment leading bikes in India.

Anyway, let's wish Mahindra a success in Bike segment. I dont want to see Mahindra bikes becoming a case study like the LML bikes. :-)
Old 1st October 2010, 15:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
If, on top of everything, the Mojo is a copy of a cheap Italian MC, all I can say is shame on Mahindra!
FYI, this bike was taken from the concept by Malaguti which is MR 250. This concept was designed by Engines Engineering which is owned by Mahindra. That is why it says its tested in Italy, since EE has developed and tested it in Italy.

So its not a cheap copy. its the actual concept which is transformed into production by the same company who developed this concept.

And i won't compare it with CL500. Both are poles apart in looks and is totally subjective, will have to wait for test rides and reviews to see how it stacks up in performance department.

Last edited by chevelle : 1st October 2010 at 15:31.
Old 1st October 2010, 15:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What is the reputation of this Malaguti, anyway? Are they any good?
Haven't heard of them till now. Seen their website, but they seem to be mainly into scooters. They do have some cool 50cc dirt bikes though (why couldn't Mahindra get these to India)

Also, from what I read on some sites, the Malaguti Moto (on which the Mojo is supposed to be based) sports a 250cc 2-stroke engine. Then, who designed and developed the 300cc 4-stroke engine for the Mojo? Unknown technology from a new entrant - "wait & watch" will be public's first response.

Good luck, Mahindra! I really wish you'd pull a "Scorpio" in the Indian bike market with a nice 300+ cc twin engine.
Old 1st October 2010, 16:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Anyone having pics of Mojo's instrument console?
I have posted the pic of mojo's console in my earlier post on this very page. The third pic is that of mojo's console !
Old 1st October 2010, 18:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

2wheel Bolero?

Styling looks very Chinese hotchpoch and one that copied from Triumphs. In fact it looks juggad and downright silly next to an state of the art FZ16. Hard to believe it was designed by Italians...more like pappu the local mechanic.

Engine specs look beefy but power is modest. Anyone know the origins of it? Sounds like a dirt bike engine.

But I have to give them full points for trying and having the guts to bring out a big cc bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
The Mojo seems to be aimed at the RE CL500 market, having similar specs

At least the CL 500 was designed from scratch by RE.
Its like comparing a 320d to a Safari just because both have ~2.0 liter turbodiesels.

CL500 is designed from scratch? I'm not even going to go there.

Last edited by Mpower : 1st October 2010 at 23:27.
Old 1st October 2010, 19:37   #98
BHPian

Initial impression was wow... that looks like a Triumph Speed Triple! Until I saw the pictures again more thoroughly... The bike does look good, but the detailing is very fussy and somehow does not gel well into a cohesive overall design. But hope it looks better in the flesh.

And I hope that the Japanese majors take a clue from this and launch their own performance machines at a decent price.
Old 1st October 2010, 22:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Aside from the dual exhausts, wondering about a couple of things
A) Can an average Indian flatfoot it. Seat seems to be high.
B) Radiator seems vulnerable in case of a spill.
C) Weight seems to be on the higher side. Why?

Actually we should start seeing 250s from all the major manufacturers soon, courtesy ASEANs rules. This also means MM (two wheeler divn) has no ASEAN ambitions.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:12   #100

Mahindra Mojo & Stallio Exclusive Pictures from the Launch !

Hi Guys, Check out these pics from the event ! Source: Mahindra Two Wheelers Launch India: Stallio 110, Mojo 300 | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-picture-10.png  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-picture-12.png  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-picture-16.png  

Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-picture-18.png  

Attached Images

Old 2nd October 2010, 09:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Guys, as far as i have heard, both the stallio as well as the mojo is designed by "Engines Engineering" which was taken over by Mahindra long back, 2 years back.

M&M acquires Italian motorcycle designing firm Engines Engineering S.p.A. | Indiaon2wheels

So would you call that a cheap rip off or copy? i dont think so... since mahindra is the parent company, they will obviously use those resources to their benefits.
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:43   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

I would like to Congratulate Mahindra on having the guts to break the 2xx cc barrier/fear that most Indian manufacturers live by. But the design is so ugly which doesn't surprise me coming from Mahindra. Their designers believe that for something to look cool it has to be gaudy/in-your-face. Personally I cannot stomach the design and will much prefer a Pulsar/Karizma. But for those who can overcome the looks or like the looks, I think it is a great value.
Old 2nd October 2010, 13:50   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, as far as i have heard, both the stallio as well as the mojo is designed by "Engines Engineering" which was taken over by Mahindra long back, 2 years back.

M&M acquires Italian motorcycle designing firm Engines Engineering S.p.A. | Indiaon2wheels

So would you call that a cheap rip off or copy? i dont think so... since mahindra is the parent company, they will obviously use those resources to their benefits.
This is what i exactly posted in post # 94 back for Rollin Thunda, but it seems he still thinks its a cheap copy. I still don't get it why he is hell bent on putting Mahindra's effort down while trying to portray CL500 as God of bikes. We already know how problematic CL500 are.

I really appreciate Mahindra's attempt at something big even though price and looks are a bit off target. Atleast it will start 300cc wars or atleast 250cc wars now instead of 150cc wars we are used to seeing in Indian market.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th October 2010 at 22:14. Reason: Guys Lets just keep the Bullet out of this thread, thanks
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:30   #104
BHPian

I think Mahindra is skating on really thin ice here.

On one hand i really appreciate the way they are trying to stick their nose in the highly competitive 2 Wheeler market but im really skeptical whether their bikes have what it takes to make the cut. A risk free approach is what i would've expected from Mahindra, but they have come out full guns blazing.

The Mojo is a hit or miss product IMO.
I like it and would actually consider buying it, but for a majority of us Indians, who have what men in suits and ties call "Herd mentality", the bike would be rather unconvincing and it would be a little tough for them to digest the looks and that striking but rather ugly twin spec Headlights.

I wish Mahindra all the very best and hope the Mojo spawns a new trend in Motorcycle design in India.
Old 2nd October 2010, 18:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

I don't quite understand the design, I understand the twin exhausts even less. Lets see how it performs.
Will keep my fingers crossed for a twin at this price point (1.5-1.75)!

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th October 2010 at 22:15. Reason: Removed C5 references.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks