Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 14:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Starting Bullet after a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
I am now planning to put a windshield on the bull.
Can any one please help me in sourcing the same? Would appreciate the help.
Check this add, hope it helps.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndscreen.html/
Old 5th April 2012, 10:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Hey thanks a lot Bulzire

I am wondering if the same can be done as a DIY job.

Also, do you have any idea about the average age of the windshield?? Since it is made of glass, i hope that it lasts long and doesn't crack with the vibrations and the condition of our roads.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:26   #48
BHPian

Fitting a windshield isn't the most practical modification to your bike.

I have a regular 500 with no windshield and I once borrowed a friend's Thunderbird which had a windshield for a bike ride. The benefits were purely cosmetic, in my opinion. There was no real reduction in the fatigue factor and it made me distinctly uncomfortable to look at the road through the windshield.

There was also the issue of poor night vision and very poor visibility when riding in the rain. I didn't spot a few potholes on the road due to water droplets and light diffusion due to oncoming headlights.

It does look gorgeous on the bike, though.
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:54   #49
BHPian

The shields are made of polycarbonate materials like LEXAN- benefit is it does not shatter like acrylic in case of a meeting with a stone or if it hits the road in a touchdown...
Ideally- the shield height should be an inch or two lower than the helmet visor of the rider- if you wish to use it in Indian conditions.
Superior quality - poly-coated Lexan shields, like in BMWs and Harleys are super expensive, and by the inherent quality of Lexan being soft, will get scratched soon/eventually, therefore a Harley that rides with an enthusiast in India about 10-12000Km a year will find it relatively economic to sustain- whereas a trip to the deserts and of road conditions like on the Leh run on your Bullet, could destroy an Indian Lexan shield in a year.
So an inch or two shorter allows you the basic benefit of avoiding the buffeting by wind, and at the same time allows you clear line of sight to the front.
You may have to ride slower or adjust your riding style to now focus further ahead than you usually do, but I guess thats the price.
-KD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks