Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 21:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hard gear shifts in RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Got the final part replaced, the PG Driven. I thought of giving it some time to settle, but after reading abhinav's situation of the front juddering, which even I'm facing from past 1 week, I've had it! I'm selling this crappy bike...............
Looks like both our bikes developed the juddering at the same time. Quite a thing! Will get it checked at the local mech and let you know. Give it sometime now that the PG driven is replaced. If the juddering issue is a major one, then you can take a call.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:14   #32
BHPian

This bike gave me a sleepless night yesterday. Now, even if I want to sell this, there are no other bikes in this category or even the 200+cc where it gives everything for the price we pay. Will have to compromise on either power, FE, looks or plain ol' quality :(
Old 1st March 2011, 14:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, even if I want to sell this, there are no other bikes in this category or even the 200+cc where it gives everything for the price we pay. Will have to compromise on either power, FE, looks or plain ol' quality :(
Hold on to it till the year end at least and wait for quarter liter bikes from Honda, Yam and Suzuki. You will have data on the performance of the Honda by year end at least. Will help in your decision making of the new bike.
Old 27th March 2011, 13:41   #34
BHPian

Congratulations to me! This bike has got a new problem now. The scariest thing happened while riding today. When I take the bike to speeds greater than 70, the clutch lever gets literally locked up. There is no way to pull it back!! The first time it happened, I thought it was my imagination since I was a bit tired and not slept the whole night. The next time it happened, I so damned freaked out. The lever wouldn't pull back even when I came to a complete stop.

Later in the afternoon, I observed that it's the speed which is making the lever act up and not the RPM. I was nervous when I tried this, but I had to do it to know what method was safe to follow on the road(read highway). What could be the problem?
Old 28th March 2011, 19:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What could be the problem?
First suspect - The part that was recently replaced!!! Get it checked at the service center at the earliest for faults with the PG Driven.
Old 29th March 2011, 02:45   #36
BHPian

^Got a call after waiting for a whole week regarding my money refund. Will be checking this out again soon at the service center. Hopefully, it shouldn't more than 2 weeks.
Old 29th March 2011, 07:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

dude i understand joel is busy, but ask him for a good mechanic he an refer you to, i am sure he would help and you would be out of this misery before you even you know!

P.S. see the thing is it might cost you a little parts and some time. but at least all this pain misery would come to an end! (please understand it might be hard to let go of the warranty but do it any way, if you want the things in order again. hell, i bought an RTR 180 and its 4800kms and 6months old now, i never got even a single free service done from, to me its just not worth not ruining my bike, i rather take my chances and pay a guy who knows what he is doing or even do it myself when i find time.)

EDIT:RTR is a wonderful bike to ride if tuned and maintained right my man, so do the right thing.

Last edited by rider60 : 29th March 2011 at 07:19.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:47   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@RDNA - Contact Mr. Rajesh who has a garage near Chamarajpet, he is a doctor for the bikes especially the fiero, apache and the RTR. He will definitely end your bike's misery

Do pm me for further details.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:54   #39
BHPian

@rider60 and nkrishnap - Thanks for the suggestion guys I'll check with Joel, but let me take it to Mr. Rajesh first since he seems to be highly recommended.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rider60 and nkrishnap - Thanks for the suggestion guys I'll check with Joel, but let me take it to Mr. Rajesh first since he seems to be highly recommended.
Why not head over to Zen Motors? Have heard good things about them and they have also worked extensively on the Fiero (supercharger etc., search for venugopal's posts).

I will be going to them in a week or two. My fiero is acting up after the valves and camshafts were changed. Still getting a lot of tappet noise and the bike loses all its power if i rip plus the sound changes too. Sounds like its dying a slow death.

Will call you before i head to Zen. Hope your issue is sorted out asap.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Why not head over to Zen Motors?
Rajesh works with Zen motors (?) or used to i guess. He also privately services bikes close by to Zen motors. Have been to him twice for service and he does an amazing job and like nkrishnap said, he is a doctor of sorts for the RTR.
Old 7th April 2011, 00:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude updates please? has the issue been resolved? is it under process?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks