Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 21:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!

Congratulations on your new baby!! This bike needs to be ridden, so don't waste time leaving it idle. Looks like you stay in an apartment. Try to get some good security for it. Wishing you many, many happy miles with it
Old 25th February 2011, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Hi
Congratulations on the new bike. It really does look beautiful in the green colour. With the cramped hyderabad roads i hope you will find the time and space to enjoy the power of the bike. Cheers.
Old 26th February 2011, 01:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

congrats downsouth. i am really hoping a detailed review is on the cards for later, but for now please do testride other bikes in the category and write your point of view (pov) of the comparison will you.

hope to see ya in the next meet if possible, congrats once again.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the ninja. Looks an absolute stunner in green. Actually all the ninjas i have seen have been green. And as someone who posted below rightly said, this shade of green definately does define the ninja. Wishing you many joyful miles riding your green beauty.
Old 26th February 2011, 16:17   #20
BHPian

Thanks everyone, tomorrow the Hyderabad guys have planned for a drive meet I should be able to go out for a ride after long time. Will reply to in detail once I am back at work on Monday since I am using my BB to reply.

Chetan
Old 26th February 2011, 16:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Green looks stunning downsouth! I always loved the green ninja.Wishing you thousands of happy miles with your newfound green streak!
Old 26th February 2011, 20:15   #22
BHPian

@Chetan

Congrats on the buy! the Ninja is really a stunner, You've bought one of the best bikes available in that segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Actually all the ninjas i have seen have been green.
The reason behind this is that the Ninja is available in only two shades black and green. The latter is generally chosen as it is a different shade.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Oh i isee. No wonder they are practically all green. I didnt know they only had two shades on offer. Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
@Chetan

Congrats on the buy! the Ninja is really a stunner, You've bought one of the best bikes available in that segment.

The reason behind this is that the Ninja is available in only two shades black and green. The latter is generally chosen as it is a different shade.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:45   #24
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@downsouth.. Congrats on the new ride. Looks "wow". Would suggest you to get a feel of the bike, understand its capabilities and then open up the throttle..

Wishing you a safe & enjoyable ownership. Looking forward to a full-fledged ownership report.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats Chetan on the acquisition. I'm really excited to see it in flesh and may be have a ride if possible sometime.

BTW have you been asked the typical Indian question "Mileage kya deti hai ?"

BTW whats a Saree guard doing on a super bike? Do they really think that someone will sit on it in a saree or elope with the bride from a Shaadi mandap
Hi MC,

yup I have been asked that question several times, since I have never checked the figures myself due to the Run-in I do not know. But pro-Biking claims 25Kmpl city and 28-30 highway. But guess it all depends on various factors.

Saree Guard is something which is due to the regulations of the Motor Vehicle Act I guess, well I plan wait before I remove it, maybe will be useful for a side luggage bag in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
congrats chetan! excited to see it in flesh when we meet up tommorrow
Dude you were there you say it, now your comments please

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Aha! , it all makes sense to me now!

No wonder you chose to build your house far and beyond, free from the hustle and bustle just so you get to use an excuse to drive the Ninja everyday. Congrats on the sensible decision, we should all learn how to plan our lives like you .
Absynth...I really wish that was the case, but yeah now I have an excuse to take it out more often and hoping my wife does not read this post LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
Is Ninja 250R a new bike!!
I know it was probike showroom in begumpet, hyderabad, adjacent to citibank.
Nope it is not new, I think Pro-biking was selling the Ninja 250R for at least the last 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Congrats man. I work in the same building where you took the delivery. It is a fantastic bike. Have fun and drive safe.
Very cool, I never walked into the showroom till the day of the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congratulations, Downsouth.

Any mods planned in near future or do you plan to keep it stock?
Waiting for the warranty period which is 2 yrs/30000 Km whichever is earlier. probably post that I would plan for some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Congrats on the bike! This ones a stunner. Do post the initial ownership review soon.
And how is the 'aam janta's reaction on seeing the bike?
Damn, I am happy my helmet has a tinted visor, unlike Bangalore or Mumbai imports are not many so this surely is eye candy from kids to grand pa's everyone is ogling and sometimes it can get very very uncomfortable.

The first comment inside probiking building was 'saab light on hai' and the second one from school kids was 'Arre Moti bike hai'(That fat bike) My wife and I could not stop laughing, but I guess it is the small kids who smile and wave back
Old 28th February 2011, 12:20   #26
BHPian

Congrats buddy!

Btw, is this the 2011 edition of the Ninja? I see the meters in white and the rear in green. In the earlier Ninja's the meters were black and the rear plastic part was also black on a green one. Yours is completely Green!

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 28th February 2011 at 12:22.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
About 2 weeks around the same time on my watch I bought the Ninja 250R. Thanks to member threads by BalenoPower, Adithya, Mibaa and Brocklock who have put up wonderful ownership experience on the Forum, made my buying decision pretty easy.
Congrats on your purchase. Nice to see another ninja join the club

Good to see you already have a good set of riding gear. This is one of the most reliable bikes so dont think twice, just hop on and ride away

Glad to note that our ownership threads helped you decide without much ado.

Ride safe. Do let us know if you need any help or clarifications.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:43   #28
BHPian

hey downsouth! Congratulations on the Ninja!! it is best colour for the ninja! as it is what others(green with envy) will be when they see your ride!

nice riding gear too!!

Ride safe!
Old 28th February 2011, 13:24   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your new bike and green is one colour which personifies NINJA, its like shouting on top of your voice that I have a Ninja in my garage. Lucky you... need some more time before I can lay my hands on this as my better half is against anything on two wheels now post my accident in 2009.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Congratulations on your new baby!! This bike needs to be ridden, so don't waste time leaving it idle. Looks like you stay in an apartment. Try to get some good security for it. Wishing you many, many happy miles with it
I wish there was more time to Ride, but due to domestic reasons priority to ride is down that list, but it should change soon, very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Congratulations on the new bike. It really does look beautiful in the green colour. With the cramped hyderabad roads i hope you will find the time and space to enjoy the power of the bike. Cheers.
LOL, If I can find time, there is no space inside the city. Fortunately I can reach the Siddipet/Shamirpet Highway in less than 2 Km so I do hope to exploit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
congrats downsouth. i am really hoping a detailed review is on the cards for later, but for now please do testride other bikes in the category and write your point of view (pov) of the comparison will you.

hope to see ya in the next meet if possible, congrats once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@downsouth.. Congrats on the new ride. Looks "wow". Would suggest you to get a feel of the bike, understand its capabilities and then open up the throttle..

Wishing you a safe & enjoyable ownership. Looking forward to a full-fledged ownership report.
Rider long time no see, yup soon I should be able to start posting info, when I start riding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Congrats buddy!

Btw, is this the 2011 edition of the Ninja? I see the meters in white and the rear in green. In the earlier Ninja's the meters were black and the rear plastic part was also black on a green one. Yours is completely Green!
You go that right, this is the so called 2011, which comes with the White speedo dials, and the rear used to be painted black, frankly I would have wished they had left it the same way. The infamous Saree guard is bigger as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Nice to see another ninja join the club

Good to see you already have a good set of riding gear. This is one of the most reliable bikes so dont think twice, just hop on and ride away

Glad to note that our ownership threads helped you decide without much ado.

Ride safe. Do let us know if you need any help or clarifications.
Thanks Aditya, it is members like us and forums like T-Bhp who help in getting the information out to others. Unlike the west where the riding conditions, traffic and safety regulations are different, we need reliable and quality information. Which I found in your thread and other owner's as well. It took me a log time to go over the info, but after that couple of hours to formalize the rest.

I had ordered my riding gear 2 months before I had decided to purchase any bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
hey downsouth! Congratulations on the Ninja!! it is best colour for the ninja! as it is what others(green with envy) will be when they see your ride!

nice riding gear too!!

Ride safe!
Thanks, my riding gear was priority, before I bought the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new bike and green is one colour which personifies NINJA, its like shouting on top of your voice that I have a Ninja in my garage. Lucky you... need some more time before I can lay my hands on this as my better half is against anything on two wheels now post my accident in 2009.
Huh, my wife still is jittery when I take the bike for a spin, and I have never once met with an Accident, since we have been married. On the contrary, she has had minor ones at least 3 times, still she fear's my riding abilities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks