Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 16:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!

Great buy. Congrats on your new purchase. The bike definitely looks good with all the new updates. And definitely suits you.
Hope to hear a lot from you on your rides. Seems like you are busy man, hope you start dedicating more time with this machine, it deserves and asks for it :-)
Old 20th April 2011, 12:56   #32
BHPian

Highway Run-in

After my initial report I had a lot to add to but due to little time on hand and being lazy made me not to put up on my Ninja.
So far complete the run-in was primary on mind. Keeping the 4K RPM limit for the first 600Km was tiresome especially in city riding conditions. I used to do late night 30-40Km rides inside the contentment area adjacent to my house. A couple of weeks ago I joined the Hyd members for a drive, completed a fun ride of a total of 224Kms on 4 laned open highway it was such a refreshing change. Since I was still run-in, and had crossed the 600Km on the Odo on the previous evening, I could move up to the 6K RPM. Overall a great Bike to ride on the Highway and in the city. Some pictures from the drive, courtesy of other members who took pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_2980.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_8866.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_0667.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_0691_1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_3027.jpg  

Old 21st April 2011, 01:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Cool that your rpm is now up to the 6k mark. Rev note muat be sounding sweeter already.
Like your helmet too.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

@downsouth - sincere suggestion to get a pair of leather gloves at the earliest.

The textile ones that you are wearing offer no protection whatsoever in case of a fall, slide or crash (God forbid!). Leather is known to offer maximum abrasion resistance so invest in a pair of leather gloves. You can check out the riding gear thread for more information.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Cool that your rpm is now up to the 6k mark. Rev note muat be sounding sweeter already.
Like your helmet too.
Oh yes the exhaust note does sound much better. It sings after 8K when opened the throttle during overtaking. Now waiting to cross the next limiter to 1200Km on the ODO then there is no stopping all the way to 13K.

Thanks, I want to post a bit about my helmet in my next post, it is actually quite unique a Bell Vortex with a Solfx shield.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
@downsouth - sincere suggestion to get a pair of leather gloves at the earliest.

The textile ones that you are wearing offer no protection whatsoever in case of a fall, slide or crash (God forbid!). Leather is known to offer maximum abrasion resistance so invest in a pair of leather gloves. You can check out the riding gear thread for more information.
+1. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the 3rd pic with you(downsouth) on the bike. I suppose those are the A* textile gloves. Please get yourself a pair of good leather gloves and a pair of good knee guards too for protection of your knees.

Ride safe
Old 21st April 2011, 11:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Hi Aditya

Thanks for the suggestion and concern, I do have a pair of Technic Leather gloves, the ones you see me wearing are meant for city riding. Since Hyderabad is warm usually and due to the slow moving traffic it becomes uncomfortable to wear the leather ones, i bought the textile gloves from DSG. Just before the start of the ride there was a small mess-up at home so I decided to use them for this ride, attaching a picture of my gloves.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1593_1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1594_1.jpg  

Old 24th April 2011, 17:37   #38
BHPian

hey hey hey..Nice to see another ninja on the forum. Welcome to the club downsouth and like Aditya said, if you need any assistance let us know.Ride safe
Old 25th April 2011, 12:03   #39
BHPian

Update small fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
hey hey hey..Nice to see another ninja on the forum. Welcome to the club downsouth and like Aditya said, if you need any assistance let us know.Ride safe
Thanks BP, I will definitely look you guys up if need some inputs. Why it is due to guys like you on the Forum I decided to go for the Ninja, instead of waiting for the new 250 to hit the market.

I just finished my 1000Km and the Ninja is due for the first service. After waiting to get an appointment since last week, today I took it out to pro-biking. 100mts from the Service center while taking a U-Turn there was dip in the road, and due to the speed combined with the angle front wheel locked up. The bike slowly went down it was surreal cause I knew it was going down. The rear cowl touched the curb and there I put the first scratches on the bike. Not much damage but since my concentration was towards the traffic, I missed it looking at the road.

Well I need to get used to it. I have given my bike for servicing and pointed out the scratches. Will update the service details by today evening.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! the first scratch hurts. hope they get rid of it during the service.
what do we indians have to do? look at the traffic, look at the road, look out for people cutting us, look out for cattle etc. simply too much to handle. thats why we are the best at handling stressful situations where other just cannot keep up.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:27   #41
BHPian

1000Km 1st Service

After completing 1000Km on the ODO my bike went for the 1st service as required. During the first 1000Km there were minor issues which cropped up, they are nothing Major but the following needed to be looked into headlight focus for low-beam had to be adjusted, slight noise from the front brake and tightening of the tail lamp. That’s it…no more issues at all during the 1K run-in.

Added to the above I wanted to get the ‘Saree Guard’ off the bike, it had started to feel odd after a while. I was offered a Teflon coating 1000Rs for 2 coats (second one before 6 months). Had never got that done, since I am more of a wash and polish guy, took the plunge. Bought the ‘genuine’ cover since I have open parking at home, and the ninja had to share the portico with my Linea and Activa. The Bike cover does fit better than I expected on the Bike. It comes with a strap with the plastic clip to secure the cover, good option since the strap can be tightened at the bottom. Made from Dupont Material. Bought a branded OKS chain lubricant from the service center, I felt it is easier to do it at home and really a pain to ride all the way to get the chain cleaned and lubricated.

The Ninja was back from first service, all clean and shiny. The brakes feel much better, and as mentioned the following were done Oil Change(went for the Bajaj DTSi since they did not have Castrol Semi-Syth), Air-Filter, Oiling/lubrication and all regular checks done. Total Cost was 1900+. Bike feels as clean as the day I took delivery. The service center guys were as usual quite helpful and available, took care of all the problems the Ninja chief supervisor gave some tips and reminded me to call him back if there were any issues.

Some pictures after the Ninja was parked at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1636_1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1631_1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1629_1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-img_1633_1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks