Team-BHP - Difference between the various Yamaha RX series bikes?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Difference between the various Yamaha RX series bikes? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/98842-difference-between-various-yamaha-rx-series-bikes-4.html)

I found an rx-z that looks like it has been sitting still outside in the elements for the last 3 years. Claimed by owner to be a '98 model. Caked with dirt, front mudguard smashed.

I am wondering what parts availability is. I would like to buy it, tear it down to the frame and rebuild it up to as much like new condition as possible. Would i find all the parts?

How much should i offer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer9797 (Post 2360876)
Mate I am on the look out for the Service Manual, Can you help me with the soft copy ?

I only have the Owner's Manual :Frustrati

The RX100 Workshop manual should be close in description to the original

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 2360931)
I only have the Owner's Manual :Frustrati

The RX100 Workshop manual should be close in description to the original

@Alok, I would be happy if you could share the owners manual

Heres the proof of RX125 that it was there for very short duration and i dont think so more then 100 bikes were sold or given to dealers, its just the emblame soon will get the whole bike as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 2365674)
Heres the proof of RX125 that it was there for very short duration and i dont think so more then 100 bikes were sold or given to dealers, its just the emblame soon will get the whole bike as well.

Thank you,so finally a little proof as a back up for my claims.
where did you find them?
any details regarding the bike?

Yes one budda sitting on this beauti 15 BHP on tap, disc break, talk is going on shown him my garage and how much i am going to care for his bike lets see if he agrees to hand over the keys.

whoa my childhood memory still works :D this is the same thing i recall seeing !

Dear Team,

Sooper Thread. :)
The weather outside (in blr right now) and the stories of RX inside,
reminds u of childhood days of drooling over a Red RX and waiting to own one ..
reminds u of college days, of getting the bike and taking "that" girl for the first ride ..

if there was internet in those days, the number of "views" and "likes", this bike got, would have beaten the others hands down!

Still got the hots for the 135 and looking to buy one.

Anyone who knows of top notch RX mechanics in Bangalore, please share details.... want to hunt one bike and get it growling.

So, if i got it right, i should go for an RX135 5speed compared to the 4speed ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoombarabarzoom (Post 2381926)
Dear Team,

So, if i got it right, i should go for an RX135 5speed compared to the 4speed ?

Yes 5 Speed definitely, Speaking on boarder terms

5 Speed --> More Power in terms of mid and top end

4 Speed --> Good initial pick up with decent fuel efficiency

I have owned the RXG, RX135 4 Speed and RX 135 5 Speed. I still have the 5 speed at home and plan to ride it when I go back to India. The only problem is that I have lost the documents of my bike and dont know what to do. My RXG was YEIS model and never had any starting problem as mentioned by some people here.

nice thread.
i own a RXZ 5speed, availability of spare parts are really a problem.

inspite of having almost no OE spares (lot od fake stuff from China and SEA Asia is floating around) available for the RXZ, people are asking exorbitant price for old bikes boss, looking for a RXZ 4 speed could'nt find one for a good price !!

well, I have so far not been successful in locating a 5 speed RX. My best choices so far are a black 4sp 135 and an RX100. I have not seen either bike, but the 135 belongs to a relative of my farm manager and the 100 belongs to somebody I know and I am assured that both are in top condition. I will test ride both and pick one, until such time as I find an RD350.

my buddy who has the RXG is having is shipped to delhi and I've offered to strip it down and rebuild it. Maybe I'll rebuild it in RX135 spec rather than RXG......

[quote=zoombarabarzoom;2381926]
Anyone who knows of top notch RX mechanics in Bangalore, please share details.... want to hunt one bike and get it growling.

quote]

In Jayanagar, check out opposite Nandini Andhra style Restaurant.
Silverline, Subhan Chacha

[quote=kites;2420666]
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoombarabarzoom (Post 2381926)

quote]

In Jayanagar, check out opposite Nandini Andhra style Restaurant.
Silverline, Subhan Chacha

Dude how has your experience been with Subhan Chacha ? whats your feedback ?