Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)

Hi All,

Info that everyone will find handy. Great Guy call Trevor Pimenta, owns a Company called Straight Line, My cars have been going to him since 1998, where he started working at JC Vile Parle West. He qwns his own business now.Great guy, great team, technically sound. Would suggest if your looking for a switch. He's the man for you. His Mobile Number: 9819350995.

Hi ab500, could you please include some more details if possible. See this thread (Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)) as an example. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th November 2011 at 10:18. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
ab500 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 16:26   #2
BHPian

re: Straight Line: Wheel Balancing & Alignment in Santacruz West

I second your suggestion. I've been going to Trevor for many many years now. I too used to go to him when he worked at another wheel alignment centre and then when he started his own business, it was a no-brainer for me. All my friends also go to him. He's honest, obliging, technically sound and reasonably priced. He also has a useful reminder service whereby his assistant calls you to remind you when it's time for your routine wheel alignment and balancing / checkup & rotation (for those of us who are too busy to remember ourselves). Thanks to Trevor, with regular alignment, balancing and rotation i've gotten approximately 80,000 kms out of my Michelins !!

I recommend him whole-heartedly !!
revvhed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 17:39   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
technically sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
technically sound
Thanks for sharing! Its very, VERY difficult to find technically competent chaps for something as simple as wheel balancing & alignment. Will definitely check out when my cars need these services next.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:38   #4
SAS
BHPian

re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)

What's the address? what are the charges? Also can you please post both the pros and cons in it? I'm sure there might be some things you wished Trevor would improve on.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:13   #5
BHPian

Re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)

I tried out Trevor's wheel alignment and balancing over the weekend. He is meticulous. I had never seen anyone removing each pebble embedded in the tire treads before balancing the wheel. He did. After balancing each wheel, he would place a yellow dot on the tire sidewall to distinguish it from the ones not yet balanced (they remove all tyres atonce, not one by one). Its this extra care that impressed me.
When I mentioned the removing of pebbles to Trevor, he explained that embedded pebbles would not mar the balancing, but they, over time, could create miniscule perforations in the tread, form where moisture could seep in and corrode the steel belting.
Charges for alignment + balancing 4 alloys (incl weights) was Rs. 900. Well worth it. AB 500 - thanks for recommending him.
Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:11   #6
BHPian

Great experience today!

Background:

Gave the Accord for Alignment + Balancing on Saturday, Dec 31, in Bhandup West. The steering was constantly pulling towards my left and driving was getting a bit tiring. Was passing by the area, saw a nice ggtyre store, with clean equipment, and thought I'd finish the job off. Costed me Rs. 850/-. Gave me the report. Everything looked good. I physically oversaw the whole process, saw the readings.

Today, when I was driving the car again, I felt the steering was wobbling slightly at low speeds!

Decided to try out Trevor and left early from work.

My Experience:

Excellent. Trevor was not around, his assistant Amol was pretty helpful. The machine used apparently is a precise, expensive Made in USA example (was chatting up the machine engineer who had come over). Emerged that two of the tyres were not at all balanced! This despite me verifying the readings at the other store 2 days back! I was shocked!

The work done was really quick - I would say about twice as fast as I've seen so far. The expertise really shows. There's also a separate person who just test drives the car - he's worked at Tata/HM in the past!

My wobbling's completely gone. The car is steering itself hands off! Costed me Rs.950/- and I feel it's worth every penny.

Thanks a TON ab500!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Where in Santacruz W is this guys place located ?
Old 4th January 2012, 03:55   #8
BHPian

Here is US,we go one more step...The latest technology is putting weight on the tires as it spin inside the chamber and as the balancing is in progress a roller presses on the tire simulating load as if the car is rolling on the road.
This will detect any variation in the tires as it rolls on the road.One of the best machine is HUNTER...check the you tube video......
Old 4th January 2012, 09:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Where in Santacruz W is this guys place located ?
Shop No 22/23 Dheeraj Heritage Residency II D Wing, Daulat Nagar Circle, Santacruz West, Mumbai - 400054
Old 4th January 2012, 13:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMASURG View Post
Here is US,we go one more step...The latest technology is putting weight on the tires as it spin inside the chamber and as the balancing is in progress a roller presses on the tire simulating load as if the car is rolling on the road.
This will detect any variation in the tires as it rolls on the road.One of the best machine is HUNTER...check the you tube video......
Hunter Road Force® GSP9700 Wheel Balancer - YouTube
This is there in most Audi and JLR showrooms in India. Very few tyre shops purchase this as it's quite expensive.
Old 4th January 2012, 19:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Shop No 22/23 Dheeraj Heritage Residency II D Wing, Daulat Nagar Circle, Santacruz West, Mumbai - 400054
Ah thanks I know where that is
Old 5th February 2012, 14:42   #12
BHPian

I have known Trevor way before he did his "Balancing act".
Have been getting "Straight Lined" for over a decade!
Just replaced the tyres of my Fusion. The guy doesn't charge you right then feels bad to ask you to pay!

Well a lot of XUV owners are having issues with the vehicle pulling to the left! Heard -"take it to Trevor he'll sort it out in a flash"
What better complement than that!
Old 9th June 2012, 23:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

My oldie 800's FC (fitness certficate) was to be done.For this you need a wheel alignment report.I decided to try out straight line this time as my prev wheel alignment shop irked me on my last visit by constantly nagging me to get nitrogen filled in my car's tyres.I mean how many times do i have to say no to something. The guy at the show(sawant tyres,santacruz) kept inisisting till i had to raise my voice.Had made my mind that would be the last time i visit that shop.

Coming back to Straight line Trevor's a great guy.He explained to me all kinds of stuff related to shockers on why it should be oiled prior to fitment and all about alignment stuff like toe in and toe out and castor etc.I think most people whom i have got the car serviced/repaired did not show such enthusiasm about their work.The entire activity was done in around 45 mins and as per Trevor there was nothing much wrong with the car.

Now the most important part.In all my previous alignment jobs the bill would come to around 900-1000 per visit.Trevor rounded off the bill just to Rs 700 since i was from Team-Bhp.Needless to say i will be taking my Civic to him when it's due for a alignment job.

Now what can i say God Bless Team BHP

edit: i must also mention,he even took my pic on his mobile camera and saved my no.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 9th June 2012 at 23:03.
Old 26th June 2013, 17:18   #14
BHPian

After hitting a very bad pothole, my jetta needed a new front tyre along with alignment. Having read about straight line and the very good reviews, I gave it a try. Experience was smooth, Trevor gave me spot on directions to his shop, took my car in, removed all the small pebbles from the tyres, checked it for puncture, even washed the spare before putting it back in. All my cars are going to him from now on. Definitely recommend trevor and team.
Chetanya Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 12:24   #15
BHPian

Have been going to Trevor for over a year now. Always does a very good job.
Very competent workers too, who can do a great job even in his absence.

Additionally, I just got a call from him yesterday saying that my car was due for alignment and balancing.

Got a set of Yoko A-Drive 195/60 - 14 for the Verna last summer. He gave me a pretty good deal. Better than quotes that I got from other dealers.
Didn't try to push me towards the more expensive Michelin XM2. Gave me a very balanced point of view.
mango_pal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks