Team-BHP - Exterior work: Paint, Dent, Polish - Mazda Motors (Tardeo, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Exterior work: Paint, Dent, Polish - Mazda Motors (Tardeo, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/82836-exterior-work-paint-dent-polish-mazda-motors-tardeo-mumbai.html)

Services offered:

Painting + Dent/Accident repair + Exterior Detailing

What I like:

-Top notch quality of work

-Uses high quality products. For paint only Standox since he is a distributor of the same.

-Chief painter is very well experienced at handling complicated jobs on high end cars

-Excellent exterior polishing

What I don't like:

-Takes forever to get an appointment

-Slow turn around time

USP:

Several super premium car showrooms get their paint work done here. Have seen a Continental GT there for a major exterior repair. Mr.Mallya's RED color fascination on his cars is brought to life by this place.

Pricing:

Expensive

Contact Details:

-Parvez 98200-49442/23537560
-Tardeo, opposite Crossroads Mall. Same compound as four seasons tyres (Jaywant Industrial Estate).

Link to GTO's review of Mazda, including PICS : LINK

Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Expensive. You probably want to take only premium cars to him. I do think his services are well-worth the price though.

Speciality / USP: Can make any car (premium, vintage, exotic, supercar) look outstanding.

What I have bought from him: 2X exterior detailing package, and also the front bumper painted once. Have witnessed the superb job he performed on Mad Monkey's Skoda RS (detailing as well as wheel painting).

Feedback on polishing work done by Pervez Andhyarujina, Mazda Motors :
( Moderators, please move this post if it is in the wrong place and please place it where it should be)

I had taken my car to Pervez on 2nd July, based on GTO's thread here for polishing and/or waxing. I had asked him to have a look at the car and then recommend. He recommended polishing after some thought ( I preferred to leave the decision to him), after I told him about my plan to take the car on outstaion runs ( Goa, Corbett) in the coming months.

I drove in at 11.15 am, and we took about 30 minutes for our discussions
{He demo-ed what the car would look like, on a small patch on the bonnet, after the polishing} and he started on the car at about 11.45 am. For your information, the car is washed daily with water and a soft cloth and nothing else is done, except a car wash and internal vacuuming at Car Spa, on an average of once every 5-6 weeks.

I received the car at 5.45 pm and it was gleaming. All the tar thrown up by the road, which were adhering to the areas near the running board/underbody/wheel arches were taken care of. This tar can be felt only if you run your palm very slowly over the surface.

The water marks left by (hard) water on the chromed portions were gone, as I'd requested. It probably looked the same or even better than when it was new!

Thank you GTO for a nice recommendation.

:OT I saw the following cars there :

1. A black Cayenne
2. An X5
3. An earlier version XJ ( under covers, with the Jaguar logo visible in the wheels), with its bonnet painted black,supported by a wall
4. An S Class ( Pervez said its bullet proofed, post W140, under covers)
5. An old Buick being sand papered of its paint
6. An old Ford from the Vijay Mallya collection

You have to drive carefully upto his garage as the road (lane actually) leading up to his place from the entrance of the Jaywant Industrial Estate has cars parked on both sides and there is a narrow path through which you have to thread your way.

When coming out, I had to request a tempo driver to close his open doors at the back in order to let me through safely!

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by issigonis (Post 1965089)
I received the car at 5.45 pm and it was gleaming. All the tar thrown up by the road, which were adhering to the areas near the running board/underbody/wheel arches were taken care of. This tar can be felt only if you run your palm very slowly over the surface.

The water marks left by (hard) water on the chromed portions were gone, as I'd requested. It probably looked the same or even better than when it was new!

Glad you're happy with our recommendation. Which car? Got pictures to share?

Quote:

1. A black Cayenne
2. An X5
3. An earlier version XJ ( under covers, with the Jaguar logo visible in the wheels), with its bonnet painted black,supported by a wall
4. An S Class ( Pervez said its bullet proofed, post W140, under covers)
5. An old Buick being sand papered of its paint
6. An old Ford from the Vijay Mallya collection
Some of Bombay's best cars are treated by Pervez. Deservedly so, I say!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1965774)
Glad you're happy with our recommendation. Which car? Got pictures to share?

>>> A Jetta TDI. Took some pics with my camera phone. Will download and post- but those might not convey the 'right' picture, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1965774)

Some of Bombay's best cars are treated by Pervez. Deservedly so, I say!

>>> Completely agree.
Am thinking of an annual pilgrimage to Mazda for the Jetta.

Regards

I have read about the Car n bike Salon at Bandra being highly recommended on this forum. So which is better - CnBS or Mazda Motors?

Got my BMW boot lid top portion and left side bumper part painted as they had developed some scratches over the past 3 years.

The color has matched perfecto even though only a part section was repainted. Great work and quality matches the dealership levels.

Did not get the car polished this time as I wanted to try out Kamyo. However, I did discover that Mazda motors sands the car entire car with light grade sandpaper during the exterior job. Not sure if this process is advisable on a long term basis.

I have heard a lot about the painting and detailing quality by Mazda Motors.

BUT.......

Do these guys have a branch at Hyderabad? Are these the same guys...?

My civic is pretty badly scratched and while considering touch up jobs I am loosely thinking of a complete paint job with a color change as well.

Intuitively, I feel going to a quality after market like Mazda might be a better bet than going to authorised honda showrooms.

Any suggestions in this regard?

What about pricing? Would Mazda be more, less or as expensive as honda authorised service stations?

Any other after market guys worth considering who'll do as good a job as honda at least but perhaps at a better price?

Thanks

Update: Finally went to Linkway Honda because Mazda would not do a job if I'm trying to also use Insurance. On my brief interaction with Pervez on phone he seemed quite professional though.

Car color is now being changed to Urban Titanium (from White). Should be completed in a week or so. Its currently in their service station.

Cheers

Axe77 what was the price difference between Mazda and the showroom?

On second thoughts, I don't think Mazda is premium quality any more. I had part of my BMW's bumper painted from him and while the color matching and paint quality was top notch at first, however now less than a year down the line I noticed a few months back that there are thin lines or cracks sort off below the clear coat of the repainted area. At first I thought they were new scratches but on touching them I realized the surface is smooth and the lines are a few layers below in the paint itself.

Usually painting and body work has a lifetime or decade long warranty from showrooms but I guess these are risks you take from an outside garage.

Mazda had given loose ballpark figure of about 90-100k for a complete paint job with color change but that was without checking the car - just back of the envelope estimate.

Showroom estimate is not comparable strictly because I had a bit of a front end dash so have had to change bonnet, front bumper etc. the accident wasn't bad but it did damage front a bit so had to change all those parts. Ironically, this happened when I was taking my car to Linkway for the complete paint job. :-(

Just used Pervez\'s services. Full review with more details at this link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4208988)
Just used Pervez's services.

How much did he charge for the full detailing?

Wasn't very impressed with the result of Kamyo on the A6 this time around, and even the C has many swirl marks which are bugging me!
Want to get them both detailed, and the Skoda detailed + touch ups on bumpers.

I have a 2012 white VW Vento Tdi in Mumbai. It has accumulated a couple of nasty dents on the boot lid (damaged by a low hanging tree branch while parking) and one on the left front door (damaged by an inexperienced driver while he was maneuvering a tight turn near my car) and a few other scratches and dents over the years.

I am looking for a really good/competent FNG to get these dents sorted, painted and the car restored to near-factory finish.

Came across this thread. However, there seems to be no updates in a long time. How good is Pervez's work? Is it yet as good/better than what it was initially?

Any suggestions pointing towards any other FNG for the work in South Mumbai would also be appreciated.

Regards
ASVA