Highly Recommended 3 37.50%
Recommended 4 50.00%
Not Recommended 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 09:32   #16
BHPian

Re: RTO Agent - Expert (Mumbai)

Have tried contacting two of the three RTO agents listed over here. Mr. Subhash Patil has asked me to call him again tomorrow.

If possible, could someone please add more RTO agents especially for Andheri (MH 02) as I am in a particularly sticky situation.
Old 1st December 2014, 09:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Have tried contacting two of the three RTO agents listed over here. Mr. Subhash Patil has asked me to call him again tomorrow.

If possible, could someone please add more RTO agents especially for Andheri (MH 02) as I am in a particularly sticky situation.
What is the specific stickiness, can you please share?

I don't know if this is specific to my RTO (Thiruvanmiyur in South Chennai) but on the various occasions I have turned up there - for removal of hypothecation, transfer of ownership when I sold my old car etc, I have downloaded all the required forms and checklist of what is required from the internet and done all the paperwork myself.

Submitted all the paperwork myself too - standing in line for half an hour is all the labour involved and then coming back on whatever date they stipulate.

The service there has been a bit curt but quite professional, they tell you what they want crisply, and they also commit to some time when they will give me my endorsed RC smartcard or whatever else I'm applying for. If theres' a delay (eg: in arrival of smartcard stock) they do tell me that up front too rather than simply say "come tomorrow".

One other thing is beyond the actual fees involved they have not taken a single paisa extra.

Quite a model RTO office I suppose - but I am happy, and I've never used any agent for such things. I try not to use agents as a policy, for any financial or other transactions.

Last edited by hserus : 1st December 2014 at 09:51. Reason: forgot to quote.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 11:10   #18
BHPian

Mr. Sawant called me back as well. Both have said thy will check and get back to me. The problem now is not the NOC, but the Maharashtra (Mumbai?) green tax which comes up to a tidy sum and requires an on-site inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
What is the specific stickiness, can you please share?
For one, my Maruti 800 is registered in MH-02 whereas the car & I are in Bangalore.

Then there are other problems emanating from my laziness which are detailed in this post -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3589920
Old 1st December 2014, 12:42   #19
BHPian

I recommend Mohammed Bhai (I don't remember his surname) from South Bombay side. We've used his services thrice (one of which was quite a complicated matter), and we received good service. His number is 9820758677.

Very professional no-nonsense guy, and quite a nice person. Service costs are on the intermediate side.
anilp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Found this amusing news item - Only In India! RTO Touts In Mumbai Go On A Strike To Protest Government Action!
Quote:
Officials and clerks at regional transport offices will face strict action, including suspension, if any agent or tout is found on the premises from Monday, warned state transport commissioner Mahesh Zagade.
Quote:
Following the directive, agents, who have set up shop outside RTO precincts in the city, have decided to go on strike from Monday. "We will not assist any applicant, lets see how the work gets done at RTOs. Both officials/clerks and citizens depend on us daily," claimed an agent who has been operating outside Tardeo RTO for several years.
Old 20th January 2015, 13:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
You, Sir, must realise this neither amusing nor a joke. This is for real. All your new and used car dealers, individuals like myself who have absolutely any work in process at a RTO in Mumbai/ Thane are stuck if the application was made through a tout but the process was not completed.

Further, the RTO officials themselves are no longer keen to work on applications you may make in person, and are in a psuedo slow motion, since their true income has been curtailed.

Touts have been barred from entering the RTO premises now, and are not taking up any new matter, or providing updates on any on going stuff.
Old 20th January 2015, 14:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

I think Govt is doing steps in right directions , have a look at this recent news where they plan to have Manufacturer Data in some centralised servers even before cars are sold to dealers .

The transport ministry has come up with an IT-based mechanism which enables tracking and recording of all details including the model, colour and chassis number etc right from the manufacturing level.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/45947848.cms

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th January 2015 at 14:08.
Old 20th January 2015, 16:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

This is one huge and positive step in cleansing the rot in the RTO working where the govt was losing loads of money due to shady touts working hands in glove with the RTO officials. I have seen the agents at Thane RTO literally pestering customers to the extent of warning of delaying the RTO formalities if not done through them. This should silence them (I hope for long).

The only way for RTO to reduce the agent's effects are to up the IT modernization and train the ever lazy staff so that the common man doesn't have to pay through his sleeve to get the work done through the agents. With Learning Licence application being started online, I see that even the regular jobs such as address change, licence renewal etc will be online and faster.
Old 4th May 2015, 16:05   #24
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Goregaon to Dahisar is now under a new RTO (MH 47) now.

Any reliable agent at the new RTO?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th May 2015, 18:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Goregaon to Dahisar is now under a new RTO (MH 47) now.

Any reliable agent at the new RTO?

Thanks in advance.
SDP. Usually the easiest way is to stand at the RTO gate and you will be approached by touts directly.

However with the drive against touts going on very strongly across Mumbai & Thane (Thane RTO chief also shunted. Out due to being lenient against them), you may have to get the deed done directly. Anyway transfers are easy, so apply for a days leave and go ahead.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 21:44   #26
BHPian

Hi. My car is has MH 02 registration but is registered in Pune. How can I easily transfer the RC to someone in Mumbai? Any contacts in Goregaon/Andheri/Malad area?
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:15   #27
BHPian

I am looking for a reliable agent to do the transfer of ownership of my vehicle in Pune RTO (MH 12). The stress on the reliability aspect since I am in Bangalore and all the papers would be handed over to him on face value. Please suggest if you have any.

Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 12:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
I am looking for a reliable agent to do the transfer of ownership of my vehicle in Pune RTO (MH 12). The stress on the reliability aspect since I am in Bangalore and all the papers would be handed over to him on face value. Please suggest if you have any.

Thanks

Guys any idea how trustworthy and reliable Ganraj Driving School is? Its in Viman nagar. He is saying he can do all the work. Please let me know. Need to hand him over the docs.
Old 26th April 2017, 14:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Reviving this old thread. I need to get NOC for a MH 02 bike to re-register in TN. Is there a reliable agent forum members have used i can approach and get this done. Just want to know if these agents still are the safe bet or if i should try someone else.
Old 26th April 2017, 17:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Reviving this old thread. I need to get NOC for a MH 02 bike to re-register in TN. Is there a reliable agent forum members have used i can approach and get this done. Just want to know if these agents still are the safe bet or if i should try someone else.
Ramu, Table 31 & 32, Andheri RTO
+91 93245 16170 / +91 98202 78481

Have gotten few licence works done from him.

Was happy with the service especially considering I spent a max of 30 minutes each time.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 26th April 2017 at 17:32.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks