Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 18:20   #16
BHPian

No problems guys ... I had just been over to Hiten who runs the place. He forwarded me a few pics depicting his work. Would anyone be interested in seeing that? .. Let me know and i shall upload them here
Old 12th October 2010, 14:52   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
He forwarded me a few pics depicting his work. Would anyone be interested in seeing that?
I would, please upload. Thanks

Question : Would they come down to your place to do the work? I find it very convenient (Master Polishers and some others offer service at your doorstep).
Old 12th October 2010, 16:43   #18
BHPian

I am not sure if they would come down. But frankly, I never tried that option, cos my car is parked outside the building and it would be difficult for them to do the cleaning and polishing without an electric connection. I'll try to upload the pics soon enough
Old 12th October 2010, 17:00   #19
BHPian

Here are a few cars that were done by these guys:
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-minor-scratches.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-minor-scratches-after-remove..jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-before-treatment.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-after-treatment.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-new-car-after-treatment.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-unicorn-before.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-unicorn-after.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-glass-coat-image.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp before.bmp (978.6 KB, 374 views)
Old 12th October 2010, 17:06   #20
BHPian

Another one ... and this time an old M800
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-before-treatment.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-after-tratment.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 19:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

My Review Of Autoshine - Kandivili West

I just returned after an exterior detailing treatment from Autoshine, as referred by the thread starter.

Background; My Safari is 2.5 yrs old and received its first exterior polish treatment since purchase.

AUTOSHINE; its a small setup by an enterprising and seemingly knowledgeable owner Mr.Parag. Unlike most other places which also sell accessories, this shop only specializes in interior and exterior detailing.
He operates with only 2 service hands and on an average day can handle only one vehicle, if detailed fully. He seems to have all kinds of products available for the job, including international brands.

You have to arrive with a fully washed car for an exterior treatment or there is a car wash available next door for approx 150/-
He worked on my Safari from about 11am - 5pm with a 10 minute lunch break.
Exterior treatment option i chose;
there are 2 options he offers for polymer coating. He did a sample test on my fender so i chose the costlier option which is supposedly longer lasting than the cheaper option. The shine too seems to be better.
He used a 4 stage process.
1st- scratch, tar & spots removal.
2nd - rubbing compound.
3rd - the paint protection/ polymer coat.
4th - final shine coat.

Result ; The Safari looks better than it was when it was new.

About detailing; Getting into the finer details of detailing needs owner supervision, because after all the service hands dont seem to be very detailed about detailing. And if you dont have an eye for detail, your car will be a little less detailed. Basically, what im trying to say is that detailing needs supervision so get it done to your satisfaction. Though the owner does make every effort to ensure good quality, an extra set of eyes does help.

Overall for the price, I think its a decent deal. I sat there from 11am - 5pm watching the entire process and hence my opinion.

For my Safari exterior detailing, it cost me 3200/-. There is also a cheaper option for 2500/- where the polymer coat is a little less long lasting according to the Parag.

For smaller cars it is cheaper and he does also have some budget options for those interested only in a 1 stage/2stage polish and no paint protection.

Its best to take an appointment before visiting him.

Only time will tell how good the products he uses are. but the initial effect is very impressive, having seen the entire process myself. With good care this treatment should last for atleast 18-24 months.

Will post pics when I get some.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:59   #22
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2010 at 10:51.
renney.varghese is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:57   #23
BHPian

Casually visited Autoshine this evening. Spent some time speaking to the owner. Seems knowledgeable & has some good products to play with. Will get my car exterior detailing done coming monday morning and will then share my comments with you guys.
Old 25th October 2010, 22:51   #24
BHPian

Guys I got my ride detailed this morning. I am very much satisfied with the job done by these guys. I have loads of pictures which would explain the detailed method followed by these guys. I don't know if this is the right place to post it. Mods let me know where I can share the same if not here for the benefit of our other friends. Just to give you all a glimpse I am sharing 4-5 snaps of the car post detailing.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00272201010251416.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00273201010251416.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00268201010251328.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00269201010251328.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00266201010251327.jpg  

Last edited by hvishwanathan : 25th October 2010 at 22:55. Reason: Forgot to attach snaps
hvishwanathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2010, 08:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a swell job. Did you take your car to their place or was it done at your home?
Old 26th October 2010, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Looks like a swell job. Did you take your car to their place or was it done at your home?
It was done at their place. What do you mean by a swell job ??
Old 26th October 2010, 15:58   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
By swell job, he meant nice job. It's slang.

Urban Dictionary: swell
Old 26th October 2010, 18:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
By swell job, he meant nice job. It's slang.

Urban Dictionary: swell
Thanks bro for the clarification. I wanted to check out their work first. Was in two minds either give it to MAZDA or AUTO SHINE. Had work that side of town so clubbed this together. I am really thankful to our Bhpian friends who have shown this place to our community. Thanks guys
Old 26th October 2010, 21:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
As Tejas pointed out, I meant excellent job. Was hoping that they could do detailing with this quality at customer's place as well.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:59   #30
BHPian

How much did it cost you for the ALTO? Was it just exterior or did you do interiors as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks