Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 20:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan
Called Toyota dealer today & enquired about New Liva Diesel 2012 variant & as per him only its Interiors are Refreshed, though he haven't revealed the exact details.
And the New 2012 Liva is in Transit from Toyota plant & will arrive in next few days.

So, anybody here having any more details/pics of the New 2012 Liva ??
That's news for me.
Really appreciate, if someone can post the pics of the new interiors.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:30   #77
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
That's news for me.
Really appreciate, if someone can post the pics of the new interiors.
While hunting for the same, when was scribbling through the Toyota Liva D website pages I came across the latter showing Dual-tone Interiors for Liva D.

Check it out at: Toyota - Etios Liva Diesel - Q Class Hatch

Though the pic seems to be of Etios sedan, but still enough to hint what the Toyota is planning to offer.
Old 14th January 2012, 23:25   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
While hunting for the same, when was scribbling through the Toyota Liva D website pages I came across the latter showing Dual-tone Interiors for Liva D.

Check it out at: Toyota - Etios Liva Diesel - Q Class Hatch

Though the pic seems to be of Etios sedan, but still enough to hint what the Toyota is planning to offer.
I don't see any dual tone interior pis on the site.
Old 15th January 2012, 01:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I don't see any dual tone interior pis on the site.
Click the 'Comfort & Convenience' from the Right side of the Central Flash Player content display space.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:02   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Click the 'Comfort & Convenience' from the Right side of the Central Flash Player content display space.
Looks the same as the current one. Have you seen the Etios/Liva V and VX trims? They have better upholstery colours.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Looks the same as the current one. Have you seen the Etios/Liva V and VX trims? They have better upholstery colours.
Yes, shown in the pic are the same Dual-tone Interiors as featured in Etios/Liva Petrol V & VX variants but the Real thing is that Liva Diesel comes alone in G & G-SP variants alone, which comes with Mono-tone Dark Grey Upholstery & Black Seats, so this seemed to be the probable change for Liva Diesel.
But now Dealer confirmed that the change is going to be Interior Colour Tone change only & the Grey is going to be darker only than previous variants.
But IMHO, Tachometer & Rear Defogger are the must requirements for Liva Diesel G-SP to atleast compete with the rivals of its segment.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

I had such high hopes with Toyota, but it seems that the tachometer is still not gonna make it to the oil burner.

Couldn't help it, but with a darker shade of interiors as an upgrade, what is Toyota thinking? Maybe they are planning on promoting it as the "dark horse"

Quote:
Yes, shown in the pic are the same Dual-tone Interiors as featured in Etios/Liva Petrol V & VX variants but the Real thing is that Liva Diesel comes alone in G & G-SP variants alone, which comes with Mono-tone Dark Grey Upholstery & Black Seats, so this seemed to be the probable change for Liva Diesel.
But now Dealer confirmed that the change is going to be Interior Colour Tone change only & the Grey is going to be darker only than previous variants.
But IMHO, Tachometer & Rear Defogger are the must requirements for Liva Diesel G-SP to atleast compete with the rivals of its segment.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan
These 2 features are sorely missed in my mother's Liva GD-SP . Other than these, it's a fantastic car though.
Old 28th January 2012, 00:33   #84
BHPian

Since LIVA Diesel is available in G & G-SP variants which comes without creature comforts like Rear defogger, Rear Wash-wipe, etc.
Then is it possible to retro-fit OEM Rear defogger on G variant, as the same can be borrowed from Toyota Spare part shop as the top end V & VX variants on Liva petrol features the same or the complete Tail-gate glass can be replaced from them with the Electrical connections connected later on with third-party couplers.

Has anyone tried to retrofit defogger on any car later on. ??
Old 28th January 2012, 09:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Had a test drive of the Etios Diesel yesterday. The intention was to test drive the Liva D, but since it was not available went ahead with Etios D test drive.

I was very impressed by the urban driveability of the car. The only issue which i faced was the heavy clutch. Did anyone else observe the same?

The clutch felt very tight when compared with other diesel cars in the segment viz Swift/Beat/Figo. Or is it that the demo car might have a tighter clutch?
Old 29th January 2012, 20:41   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Had a test drive of the Etios Diesel yesterday. The intention was to test drive the Liva D, but since it was not available went ahead with Etios D test drive.

I was very impressed by the urban driveability of the car. The only issue which i faced was the heavy clutch. Did anyone else observe the same?

The clutch felt very tight when compared with other diesel cars in the segment viz Swift/Beat/Figo. Or is it that the demo car might have a tighter clutch?
The clutch of the Diesel Etios is hard when compared to Swift/Figo.
A couple of weeks of driving and your legs get used to it.
Old 29th January 2012, 22:27   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
The clutch of the Diesel Etios is hard when compared to Swift/Figo.
A couple of weeks of driving and your legs get used to it.
I'm actually surprised that people are finding the clutch heavy. Maybe both my cars, the Figo and Altis don't have very light clutches but this was never a problem for me.
Old 30th January 2012, 01:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

I didn't find the clutch of the Liva uncomfortable. In fact in the short 15 minute drive it felt like a very easy to drive car. And would appeal to most people looking for a nice city runabout - only if they had made the interiors more attractive. At the minimum, the VX trim as standard starting from the G variants.
Old 30th January 2012, 08:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

I'm actually surprised that people are finding the clutch heavy. Maybe both my cars, the Figo and Altis don't have very light clutches but this was never a problem for me.
Etios diesel clutch is very similar to altis diesel clutch. Maybe, your figo clutch got harder with usage?
Old 30th January 2012, 10:52   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I actually test drove Etios D and Figo D back to back.
Etios D was much much harder. When i asked SA he told that its due to demo car clutch being tightened.

However the display Liva D in the showroom had hard clutch as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks