Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 17:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: In a nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Both mobike and you have mentioned how the engine doesn't like to be worked. Why? I mean it is a decent-sized sedan with a 1.5l engine. A slightly longer ANHC with a 1.5l engine likes to be driven around. Why does Sunny struggle?
As Rehaan already mentioned though the power rating is decent, the engine has been tuned more for efficiency than for outright performance. Sadly, it cant even be termed as peppy.

Another important factor that slots Sunny into an average performer category is the way the gear ratios are built. It's tall and focuses on FE to a large extent.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 17:58   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Now if they plan to use the same Micra diesel engine on this, should be a bummer ! Hope they use some higher state of tune for diesel. Thanks for a nice review ! I somehow hate the greige interiors ! Looks dull to me.

Edit:: I hope they bring the same engine & tune as the Fluence one! And as per Hormazd, the diesel comes in Jan !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th September 2011 at 18:03.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

This is a very nice review Avinash.It has definitly enticed to me to take a closer look and consider to buy.I would have expected a interior change for such a good car which looks stellar from external appearance.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review of what IMHO is going to be a severely underrated car. I think Nissan has estimated their targets conservatively, yet may still not achieve them because of the lack of Brand Recall and Sales & Service centres.

Most people I know who consider a hatch may think of Fiat, VW, Skoda, Honda and now Toyota, but I doubt many remember that the Micra exists (despite the Kapoor Jr. ads).

For those who do buy the car, I think that this will be very satisfactory as it ticks most of the boxes. XL makes the most practical sense, while XV has some additional feel-good features that I might feel the urge to stretch for but most people would do without.

Kudos to Nissan for the sorted ride/handling & ABS across all variants.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:28   #35
BHPian

That's one fantastic review !!

Sunny turns up to be a no non-sense car that will appeal to the masses at this price point. A couple of things Nissan needs to do for this one to give a tough competition to Etios/Manza/Dzire.

1. Brand Awareness - Nissan is hardly known in India (general public). Not many people know that Nissan was the largest Japanese car maker at one point of time !

2. Scale up the dealers/service centers to at-least match up Toyota's *** (if not Maruti's).

Curious to know.
After the Logan fiasco, is Nissan-Renault is trying to portray Renault as the so-called 'premium' brand (> 10L with Fluence, Koleos) and Nissan as the brand for the masses ?
Old 20th September 2011, 18:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, very comprehensive review.

Like I said in the now closed Sunny thread, this car in many ways seems to me to be the spiritual successor to the NHC. What do I like about the NHC as a chauffeur-driven ride, apart from the awesome fuel efficiency? Rear room, build quality, massive boot. The Sunny seems to to do all that and exceed the NHC in features (rear vents, safety kit, steering-mounted controls). Now, the only question remaining is fuel efficiency, which I'm sure the diesel will address if the petrol doesn't live up to expectations.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review, you guys covered every nook and corner of the car in great detail. Rated a well deserving 5*.

I somehow did not like the circular look all over the car (Same as in Micra). Circular AC vents, controls etc for looks like an eye sore. The rest of the car looks good and looks like will give Desire and others run for their money.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Personally i feel the interiors are plain dull looking. Doesnt excite and i am not sure if this car will create any impression to sit inside and drive long.

At least from the pictures on this thread, i just feel the interiors lack the excitement most of the competetion offers.

The word i am looking for is Gaudy. The first impression is definitely not the one that excites me atleast.

Overall the car looks a great VFM for the offer price.

Most of you may like the interiors, but i just shared my thoughts on the interiors. So ignore if its not appropriate for you.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:47   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review of a nice car.

I mean- it's "nice"- doesn't have me getting excited and jumping around, but also doesn't evoke the ewww factor that the Dzire and Etios do. No offence to anyone, just my opinion.

Nissan will certainly not sell 2000 of these in petrol avatar- what are they thinking making statements like that? The Linea sells less than 1000 a month these days: the awe-inspiring TJet easily less than half of that tally.

It's a sad time for petrol cars as it is, but Nissan have not helped their cause by putting in an underpowered, tuned-for-FE engine under the hood. I hope this car sells but somehow feel it won't!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:56   #40
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the review.
Personally I did not find the car very exciting, but Nissan have priced it really well, and has not skimped on any safety features. It’s a great alternative option for those who are shopping for a Etios or Swift Dzire.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review. Thanks for sharing it. Still, I am not very much impressed with the car and especially its looks.

BTW, the background I see in the pictures attracted me the most . Is it Mahabalipuram? and was it test driven on the ECR?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:04   #42
BHPian

I was totally excited about the rear legroom and ABS etc until I read about the engine's performance. What a bummer! May be they can give an option to re-tune the engine for better performance for those who want it. Waiting to see how the diesel engine turns out. But impressive overall package; certainly not for enthusiasts but we are in minority anyway.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I hope this car sells but somehow feel it won't!
Ohh it can sell allright I think. Once they get the diesel mill and make sure it is correctly priced(which most probably will be, since the petrol is), and we could be in for a surprise.

I have only heard praise for the Micra from various people. Nissan has definitely created some positive sentiment in the market even if they might not have garnered the numbers expected. The only factor holding both Micra and Sunny back might be the (supposedly) wafer thin dealership network, which they anyway seem to be working on, based on Rehan's update. BTW, does anyone have an idea how the A.S.S. feedback has been for Nissan?

And as far as the looks department goes, the rear design of Dezire, Manza and Etios would any day help its cause immensly. Kind of like the hindi saying "Andhon mein kaana Raja"
(No offence meant to the respective owners)
Old 20th September 2011, 19:07   #44
BHPian

Also, the JAP reliability which Tata doesn't seem to get right. This car seems to check all the tick boxes for me, if today I'm looking to upgrade from my Ikon TDCI.

Just a quick question for Mobike008 and Rehaan - Is the Diesel coming in the 65 Bhp or 105 Bhp avatar.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:11   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Ohh it can sell allright I think. Once they get the diesel mill and make sure it is correctly priced(which most probably will be, since the petrol is), and we could be in for a surprise.
I meant, in the light of it being petrol-only right now. Please read the rest of my post, thanks.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks