Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 23:50   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

I checked out the Sunny in the Nissan showroom at Road #12, Banjara Hills.

Test drives will be available from next month.
There were a lot of people checking this car out.

The rear leg room is amaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzinnnnnnnnng.
Old 25th September 2011, 02:10   #152
BHPian

Great Review. Nissan is serious about India. Well, its clear that no Automobile Company can afford to ignore us anymore. If only Nissan has a well planned expansion in terms of dealerships and service support, the Sunny can actually beat the legendary Dzire.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:49   #153
vcx
BHPian

Happened to see Sunny bang opp. KBR park main gate ard 7:30am today, it was parked by showroom folks for demo.
One word is "spacious", dashboard is not that classy to my taste , feels like kids toy board, nice seats, feels a segment + by the looks. Did not get to doTD.The color is dark metallic beige works well! Al in al, its decent cars if only engine is more peppy(points from the review)
Old 26th September 2011, 11:58   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I think the Indian spec Sunny doesn't get this kind of steering controls. We get more basic controls only on the LHS.
The buttons on the right side are for cruise control, which we don't get here.

Nissan deserves kudos for introducing ABS and airbags(though driver side only) on even the base version. Hope others too will take it forward.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:20   #155
BHPian

Very nice review! And I do think it will sell its allocated lot within a short span. Guess the diesel would heat up the battle in the segment once it arrives. The only thing that really irritates me is the cubbyholes. I see a lot of manufacturers making this mistake. Is this some sort of American / European thing to provide small cubbyholes?

And, wanted to say kudos to the photographer. Very nice pictures!
Old 26th September 2011, 16:03   #156
BHPian

An excellent review. The rear-legroom looks a like a winner and most spacious in its class. However on the exterior I get a very D'zireish feel. Is there a Nissan product which is like say a Sunny hatch ? The boot IMHO does not look integrated in the flow. The front is impressive but then as we get to the rear well at least I was from a smile to nearly a frown. But again beauty is relative
Old 26th September 2011, 16:16   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

The ad campaign for the Sunny is a little silly, especially the TV executions. "Driver, caaaaaar lekay aana" is hardly smile-inducing. I hope this is another another good product ruined by substandard marketing :(
Old 26th September 2011, 16:37   #158
BHPian

^^^
I haven't yet had an opportunity to watch the ad. But from what you've mentioned, disregarding the quality of the commercial, Nissan at least appears on track while trying to tap the genuine potential of the car as an excellent chauffer-driven car.

However, for a chauffer driven car, Nissan could well have given the safety pack a miss in the base variant to make the pricing even more mouth-watering to the prospective buyer. IMHO, even for owner driven car, many people are still not safety conscious in our country and hence the suggestion.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 26th September 2011 at 16:38.
Old 26th September 2011, 17:01   #159
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear Leg Room has been a major selling point for Manza, Vista, Liva, and now the Sunny - The Sunny in addition has the rear air pull in throw out vents, but a low roof line.

Will this rear seat space help it sell? I believe not as it misses out on two things that matter to the buyers presently - Diesel, and support network. These are important parameters that help a customer make up their minds.

This could change with introduction of a diesel engine and and the customer may then take a chance on the service networks but I think not in the present form. Lets see what the charts say in a couple of months.

Nice review guys.
Old 27th September 2011, 09:49   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
The ad campaign for the Sunny is a little silly, especially the TV executions. "Driver, caaaaaar lekay aana" is hardly smile-inducing. I hope this is another another good product ruined by substandard marketing :(
You bet.
Have you heard the sunny ad on the radio. It is more irritating!
They are stretching every other word in the ad. Good mooorning, congraaatulations, sweeeet, etc.

Nissan's going a bit overboard with marketing this car.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:29   #161

Awesome review. Can you also put up your views on how does it hold up against the City especially. Also if the diesel variant is expected anytime soon...
Old 27th September 2011, 17:58   #162

Avi - Excellent feedback provided by you my friend!! Very exhaustive & detailed one. Thanks for sharing these on this forum and keeping us updated with the pros and cons...
Old 27th September 2011, 19:35   #163
BHPian

Just test drove the Sunny and am impressed by the car on the whole. Good responsive engine (driving under city conditions), good quality interiors, extremely powerful AC, decent quality music system and overall handling good. Only thing which could have been better was the gear box which was not the smoothest.

Having said that, I feel the car is far better than the Etios / Manza / Dzire / Fiesta Classic. Is more in the league of the Verna / City but priced much lower than these. IMO, the car should do quite well and appeal to the petrol car-owners looking for a good sedan.
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 05:44   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
IMO, the car should do quite well and appeal to the petrol car-owners looking for a good sedan.
Thanks aroonanand. Any word from dealer on Diesel launch? read somewhere that Nissan is planning to launch it by year end.
Old 28th September 2011, 07:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand
Having said that, I feel the car is far better than the Etios / Manza / Dzire / Fiesta Classic. Is more in the league of the Verna / City but priced much lower than these. IMO, the car should do quite well and appeal to the petrol car-owners looking for a good sedan.
Completely agree.
This car provides the same Japanese reliability and much better value (quality,legroom,fuel efficiency,etc.) than the Etios or Dzire. Etios sales have waned off after the initial euphoria and Dzire has its own waiting. Once the diesel is out, it will be the one to get the numbers for Nissan. It will definitely force Toyota to either improve the quality of interiors OR reduce prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks