Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 02:36   #226
anb
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you elaborate - not able to understand your point. In my Swift, I reach 100 kmph at 2200 rpm in 5th gear. I guess the speed corresponding to 3750 rpm [in fifth] will be around 160 kmph in Swift which is dangerous. For any persons cruising at 100-120 kmph, Sunny should make sense right?
It is just my guess. Generally peak power of diesel cars comes around 4000-4500 RPM and performs best in 1700-3500 RPM range. Revving after 3500 RPM is useless for most of the diesel cars. In this case peak power is at 3750 RPM. So I thought performance of this engine may not be good after 3200 RPM. It means engine runs out of breath easily on highways. It can cruise at 100 Kmph for sure
Old 29th December 2011, 11:24   #227
Team-BHP Support

The Sunny was launched recently in the SE Asia market with the badging of Almera. Much spruce than the Indian version though – with leather seats, sun-roof etc.!

Have a look: http://www.oneshift.com/articles/article.php?artid=1009

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th December 2011 at 11:26. Reason: Link edited
Old 31st December 2011, 16:52   #228
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post deleted. Do not make point blank statement without sufficient proof and supportive data.
Also typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th January 2012 at 11:18.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:02   #229
BHPian

Nissan is a very well respected company world over. Very sad to see harsh remarks on Nissan and very little interest (judging by the comparative lengths of threads) in the brand. There is still no ownership report on the Sunny here on team-bhp, no official review of the diesel version either. Some time ago I had a senior Japanese co-worker abroad and she owned a Toyota Corolla. Asked her once about the choice of cars, and the reply was something like, "What else is there? Could have also bought a Nissan".

I have personally owned a Toyota (Celica GT) and a Nissan (Sentra GXE) in the past. And they are still my most trouble-free happy memory of ownership till date. And when I sold them off after a couple of years of new ownership, I lost effectively no money at all. The Sunny appears to be a very refined car and deserves a bit more respect, I am sure.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:18   #230
BHPian

A bit off-topic discussion, but i recently drove my friend's Sunny, and I'm in love with the Car - the drivability, looks and the features - especially at this price. Too bad I'm not looking to buy one in this bracket...but good job Nissan
Old 4th January 2012, 22:44   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Note to Mods: Are we not going to have a section on the Diesel variant of the Nissan Sunny? The other features are more or less the same. Just wanted your expert opinion on the diesel heart.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:47   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Note to Mods: Are we not going to have a section on the Diesel variant of the Nissan Sunny? The other features are more or less the same. Just wanted your expert opinion on the diesel heart.
Based on our interaction looks like you are looking for one more car; if diesel isn't a priority then stick to the city
Old 13th January 2012, 12:17   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I agree. Mods, kindly provide a review on the diesel variant. I heard its a SOHC engine with 8 Values. I presume that it will be fuel efficient, but not a power horse.

Moreover, i went for a test drive - XV Diesel. The engine noise is OK, even inside the cabin. The gear throw is short,but sits on the right slot without much circus (like maruti) .

Another point which requires clarity - Auto Start/Stop.
When the button is pressed, it takes 2-3 seconds & then start the vehicle, with a full body jerk. Is it normal?

I tested the XL variant with a key start, it was OK, not too much of body jerk - a reasonable shake when compared to the XV.

The SE also informed me that the Auto Start/Stop feature takes less fuel to start the vehicle compared to the key start. Not sure on whether its true.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:27   #234
BHPian

I test drove the diesel in Chennai (which I have booked and expecting delivery soon) and here are my 2 cents
  • Cabin is not very noisy despite being a diesel car. After starting, the noise of the engine settles down to being barely audible
  • Engine is quite responsive and offered sufficient pull necessary to make quick overtakes in the city; not sure how much of a powerhouse it is given it is a 1.5 litre (On related note, I travelled ~60 kilometres in a 1 month old Verito which has the same Renault 1.5 litre diesel engine with a different tuning and was quite amazing - the cab was able to overtake more powerful cars easily and was quite zippy too. The dealer stated that the Sunny engine is better tuned to offer more power - if so, should be quite fun to drive)
  • Car was very easy to drive in the city with no real turbo lag
  • I have driven the petrol Sunny too and found the diesel to be more responsive and composed (does any one else feel so?)
  • Even the gear throw appears to be smoother in the diesel
Otherwise, all the plusses and minuses of the petrol exist in the diesel too.

All in all, was quite satisfied with the car. Will post a detailed review once I take delivery of the car

Cheers!
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 12:18   #235

The most detailed review of Sunny, i have ever read...
Old 11th August 2012, 11:56   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Nissan sell the rear spoiler/boot lip for the Sunny? If yes can anyone share the cost for the same? I was told they don't have any such accessory when I bought the Sunny. But off late I have seen a number of them with a spoiler on the roads. And it makes an ,otherwise dull looking car, a little exciting.

I enquired in the market for the same. Would cost me around Rs. 3200 but the quality is not top notch.
Old 5th September 2012, 00:53   #237
BHPian

Hi,
I've test driven the Sunny and the family loved it. TD felt good, though the "griege" interiors are not the best that they could have offered, could get dirty very soon. But overall total VFM!!
How's the feedback abt the Nissan ASS? I've seen on their website that they've tied up with TVS for on-road support etc. but its the *** that's more crucial. Pls let me know.
Old 16th September 2012, 21:24   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Meanwhile, I have a concern which I thought you maybe able to throw more light on. I found that the white TD vehicle which had clocked a little over 12k and hadn't been serviced yet (claims the SA) had a ring of exhaust residue on the bumper. Now, I wouldn't have read too much into it until I saw another one with a similar residue today at my son's tennis class; unlike the TD vehicle, this was a very well maintained car. The driver claimed they haven't got to 10k kms yet to take it for the service. When the car drove off, there was substantial black fumes too, (each time he accelarated).

GTO, is this something to worry about - that an engine which has clocked 10k or less is giving away black smoke? Or, is this common in the DCI engines? Have you noticed anything on your car? I am attaching an image of the car's exhaust traces - I have circled it out.

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-nissansunny.jpg
Am cross-referencing a post from GTO's Sunny Ownership Thread.

I found quite a few instances of the 'soot' deposit on some Sunny cars.

Pictures below :
a) Noticed one during my morning walk on a White Sunny

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-04092012326.jpg

b) Another on the Silver Sunny that came for my Test Drive yesterday.

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-15092012328.jpg

The SA mentioned that they provide a 'Exhaust Tip' accessory that will extend the pipe a little more & no soot will deposit henceforth (or so he said).
Reason for soot - 'sudden acceleration' (per SA). My test drive was ok, but not convincing as I am looking for a driver's car. My wife is adamant though.
Old 17th September 2012, 10:19   #239
BHPian

Yesterday I called up Oxford Nissan dealer in Pune for checking Sunny XL diesel model price. The price was a shocker . The on-road price goes to 9.8L, where as the ex-show room price being 8.13L. The sales executive mentioned that high onroad price is due to more than one 1 lakh registration cost in Pune. Can somebody please confirm this?

Also, the sales person said that all spares are 100% localized with regular service bill being to the tune of 5K. Can somebody please share experience on this?
Old 29th September 2012, 19:32   #240
BHPian

I have never been too fond of the rear end side profile of the Nissan Sunny.
Hence i though of doing a little bit of photoshop work to see if it looks better.
Let me know what you guys think.Made the rear tail light to look as if its slightly part of the Sunny/Teana family.
(MODS PLEASE SHIFT THIS TO THE PHOTOSHOP THREAD IF YOU'LL THINK IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE)
This being the Nissan Sunny thread, i decided to post it up here.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-nissansunny03-copy.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks