Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2019, 15:15   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I am considering buying a 4-6 year old Sunny. My concern is about service. Can it be serviced at Renault service centers?
Nope.
Why bother for a vehicle that is out of warranty, get it done from FNG
Old 11th September 2019, 15:20   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a listing for 2013 model with 60k odo, for 3.5 lakh. I won't pay more than 3 lakh. For that price, people are selling only small hatchbacks.
And there's a reason for the part in bold. Anyway - your requirements are precisely cut so this car fits in your list or probables rightfully. Do check the following points though.

The car has already done 60k kms. Do check insurance validity, tyre life & last 3 service records. An automatic that has done 60k may very well have a big overhaul just around the corner that will take your net cost of owning it to 4Lakhs or even more in couple of months. And I'd not put that much money on a 2013 made Nissan - in India. Anywhere else in the world - I would. The hatchbacks are asking for that premium because they come with the peace of mind of a good service network and availability of spares for a long time.
Old 11th September 2019, 15:31   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And there's a reason for the part in bold.
That includes Micra and Brio BTW :-)

Quote:
An automatic that has done 60k may very well have a big overhaul just around the corner that will take your net cost of owning it to 4Lakhs or even more in couple of months.
Didn't know that a big overhaul may be required at just 60k. Thanks. Will check.

Any other cars you think I should consider?
Old 11th September 2019, 15:39   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know that a big overhaul may be required at just 60k. Thanks. Will check.
Its the running + the age of the car combined.

Quote:
Any other cars you think I should consider?
In that budget as a spacious automatic sedan? No. Not with confidence. They'll have problems or a dark history in workshop for sure. I sold my 9 year old Tata diesel hatchback for almost 2 lakhs last month. So... . What you are getting in that Sunny is probably the best deal you'll get in your specifications and price bracket.
Old 11th September 2019, 21:31   #290
BHPian

Quote:
In that budget as a spacious automatic sedan? No. Not with confidence. They'll have problems or a dark history in workshop for sure. I sold my 9 year old Tata diesel hatchback for almost 2 lakhs last month. So... . What you are getting in that Sunny is probably the best deal you'll get in your specifications and price bracket.
I hate the used car market. I recently sold my 10 month old Ecosport Titanium Plus AT for just 10.3 Lakh. But when I try to find one, the prices make me want to go for a new car instead.
Old 28th August 2023, 08:37   #291
BHPian

Should I buy a used 2013 Nissan Sunny XL Petrol in 2023?

Hi team,

As you know I was looking for a reliable used sedan with decent looks, and good legroom. I recently spotted a Nissan Sunny XL Petrol (2013) that is very low run, only 36k on the odo, and it reminded me that GTO owned one too:

https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...2013/10114587/

Immediately, I visited Spinny, and booked the car. I liked it. But the tires on the rear are dry, and the rear suspension makes a bit of screeching noise under full load (5 people) but not under normal conditions. Engine cover inside engine bay is missing. But mechanically everything else looks good. Tax is till '28, and insurance valid till next year. Also, discovered that challans are pending again (which they said will be cleared).

It ticks all the boxes for my first car. All safety features, and essentials. It is also very roomy at the back. Seats are super comfy.

Should I go for it?

Last edited by wheelspinner : 28th August 2023 at 08:56.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:21   #292
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a used 2013 Nissan Sunny XL Petrol in 2023?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
Hi team,

As you know I was looking for a reliable used sedan with decent looks, and good legroom. I recently spotted a Nissan Sunny XL Petrol (2013) that is very low run, only 36k on the odo, and it reminded me that GTO owned one too:
The car is banged up from all sides. Why would you want to buy such a car?

A lot of Sunny's will be available on OLX, search there and get a much better car!
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 09:50   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The car is banged up from all sides. Why would you want to buy such a car?

A lot of Sunny's will be available on OLX, search there and get a much better car!
On OLX, can't trust the sellers. There is no written agreement.

It's Spinny budget, so there are a few cosmetic issues. Also, the car seems to be very low run so I think the engine and transmission should be fine. It doesn't seem to have any major accidents though and in Kolkata traffic I think this is normal. What do you think?
Old 28th August 2023, 11:46   #294
BHPian

I would request you to stay away. My friend has a 2013 Nissan Sunny (Original Owner, well maintained) and its ECM blew up last week. Repair costs are above 1 L.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 18:27   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the tires on the rear are dry
Going by the odo reading I suspect those (2 MRFs) are OE tyres serving for a decade. If you are buying, irrespective of the thread depth get them changed.

Quote:
rear suspension makes a bit of screeching noise under full load (5 people) but not under normal conditions
If it is not from the Twist beam bush, replacement is cheaper (nothing more than 7-8k for complete rear suspension change)

Quote:
Engine cover inside engine bay is missing.
Petrol engine never came with a cover

Quote:
Should I go for it?
For the price, it's a no-nonsense car with all necessary safety features and basic convenience features. If I were you, I would go for it if I couldn't find a Honda city of similar vintage & similar price tag.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 19:10   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Going by the odo reading I suspect those (2 MRFs) are OE tyres serving for a decade. If you are buying, irrespective of the thread depth get them changed.

If it is not from the Twist beam bush, replacement is cheaper (nothing more than 7-8k for complete rear suspension change)

Petrol engine never came with a cover

For the price, it's a no-nonsense car with all necessary safety features and basic convenience features. If I were you, I would go for it if I couldn't find a Honda city of similar vintage & similar price tag.
I fell in love with the space in the car, now I just can't think logically ready to ignore all other issues. But family is opposing buying a decade old car with issues. Especially after I discussed the ECM blow up.

But the noise from the rear suspension is a bit concerning. Every mechanic I went for is warning me against high maintenance and the parts scarcity (FNG says parts need to be ordered from somewhere).

Spinny is very aggressive after discussing the issues. Seems like they want to sell it as it is by hiding the issues to gullible customers. At least for me they offered a 5k discount.

How much discount should I ask for and should I go at all for the car considering the noise? Could it indicate it wasn't well maintained?

Last edited by wheelspinner : 28th August 2023 at 19:16.
Old 28th August 2023, 20:37   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

Sorry for the back to back post. Finally, I managed to find a video that describes the exact noise coming out of the car's rear:

Worth going for it? How much should it cost? Also why isn't Spinny fixing it and still mentioning in inspection checklist that suspension is 100% ok? Is their 200 point inspection a big fat lie?

Last edited by wheelspinner : 28th August 2023 at 20:45.
Old 29th August 2023, 22:53   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But family is opposing buying a decade old car with issues. Especially after I discussed the ECM blow up.
ECM issues crop up in every brand, at least I've hands on experience with Honda, Maruti, Hyundai & Ford. If there are no errors in MID or after a thorough scan, neglect this fear. About family being skeptical on a decade old machine, they are right.

Quote:
But the noise from the rear suspension is a bit concerning. Every mechanic I went for is warning me against high maintenance and the parts scarcity (FNG says parts need to be ordered from somewhere)
Mechanical parts are easily available. Last I visited Nissan Showroom was at least 5 years ago and managed to get all necessary parts through Boodmo & local stores.

Quote:
Spinny is very aggressive after discussing the issues. Seems like they want to sell it as it is by hiding the issues to gullible customers.
Stay away, if you feel there is no transparency.

Quote:
Finally, I managed to find a video that describes the exact noise coming out of the car's rear:
How much should it cost?
If it is exactly the same noise from Shock absorbers, it should be less than 7-8k fix

Quote:
why isn't Spinny fixing it and still mentioning in inspection checklist that suspension is 100% ok? Is their 200 point inspection a big fat lie?
I don't have hands on experience with Spinny, couldn't comment on their business model.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks