Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:03   #1066
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Many congratulations on the new ride. Speaking from personal experience let me guarantee something.

Once you get the hang of it, the low riding position, amazing visibility all around and the feeling of total control at the driver's seat, most other cars will feel pretty average to drive compared to the 3 series.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Due to recent heavy rains, the roads became too crowded. Slowly getting used to the low seating position and the long bonnet. I agree with you that once I am used to it, it will be fun.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:23   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on your petrol powered 3 buddy, looks great in the imperial blue shade. Drive safe and let's hit NH1 on a sunday morning for some piping hot breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I am still not comfortable in driving this car after moving from Honda city. Daily commute has too much traffic and am more careful not to scratch the new car.
Quote:
That driving experience and that connection you feel to the machine is pretty unique in a BMW.
Guys we should really have a mini BMW meet in Delhi now with so many members here opting for the 3. A Sunday drive is the best way to enjoy this machine, get to know a few more people and ofcourse a much needed break from the daily chaos of Delhi.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:20   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys we should really have a mini BMW meet in Delhi now with so many members here opting for the 3. A Sunday drive is the best way to enjoy this machine, get to know a few more people and ofcourse a much needed break from the daily chaos of Delhi.
yes, I agree with both drmohitg and coolboy007.
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:41   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Due to recent heavy rains, the roads became too crowded.
I know what you mean. Quite literally. I just made my way back from Gurgaon to Delhi and it suddenly started to rain like crazy.

Within no time most of the expressway was water logged and even when other vehicles passed me by, leaving a massive wash, my heart literally jumped in my mouth.

Quote:
Yes, a meet will be wonderful. This is a little off topic, but I don't know if its just me because I see more 5 series models in Delhi than 3 (which kind of makes 3 a little more rare).

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the 3 looks a lot more aggressive at the front and a little bit more modern. Looks wise, I'd pick a 3 over the 5 any day of the week.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:27   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know what you mean. Quite literally. I just made my way back from Gurgaon to Delhi and it suddenly started to rain like crazy.
Well honestly if you have multiple cars at home. then during rains park this beast inside. Its not worth the risk.

Quote:
This is a little off topic, but I don't know if its just me because I see more 5 series models in Delhi than 3 (which kind of makes 3 a little more rare).

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the 3 looks a lot more aggressive at the front and a little bit more modern. Looks wise, I'd pick a 3 over the 5 any day of the week.
I think it is indeed the case. Even otherwise the 5 series possibly outsells the 3 series for BMW. Nevertheless the 5 does have a more mature neutral look to it now. The earlier 5 series was much more menacing looks wise. The new 3 definitely looks aggressive from the front. And the 5 series resembling tail lights look great too. I wasn't much of a fan of the earlier design of the tail lights in the E90.

There you are:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4012943

The 5 does outsell the 3 series.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd August 2016 at 20:58. Reason: Posts merged on request.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 03:07   #1071
Senior - BHPian

An interesting review by Overdrive: http://overdrive.in/reviews/2016-bmw...d-test-review/

Though this half a page review doesn't give us any real details, OD guys don't seem all gung-ho about it. Also, clearly OD has no idea that there is close to 10 lakhs discount available on the petrol model, which makes it a super deal.

Can anybody give us a review please? Or better still, an ownership review!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 4th August 2016 at 03:09.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 11:24   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
An interesting review by Overdrive: http://overdrive.in/reviews/2016-bmw...d-test-review/

I will try and test drive it next time I'm at the dealer and do a comparison with the 328i for sure.
Old 4th August 2016, 13:57   #1073
BHPian

Quote:

Though this half a page review doesn't give us any real details, OD guys don't seem all gung-ho about it. Also, clearly OD has no idea that there is close to 10 lakhs discount available on the petrol model, which makes it a super deal.

I have started to write a small ownership review. Unfortunately, it will take a few more weeks to complete. In my daily commute of less than 20 kms to my office, there are so many signals and traffic, I hardly take my foot off the brakes. The below picture shows a little bit of the mileage and the average speed. Although I enjoy the drive and the super-silent engine, I have not experience the full driving experience of driving the BMW.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_1148b.jpg  

Old 4th August 2016, 15:25   #1074
BHPian

Quote:

Also, clearly OD has no idea that there is close to 10 lakhs discount available on the petrol model, which makes it a super deal.
Dear Abhi,

Is the 10 lakhs discount also available on the Prestige variant which is priced at 36.9 lakhs ex-showroom? If yes, it's indeed a super deal
Old 7th August 2016, 13:33   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

When I spoke to the dealer here in Chennai he indicated no more than 2-2.5 Lakhs discount on base 320D. Absolutely no discount on the X1. The X1 base variant comes priced almost 10 lakhs below 320D base on road.

Drove them back to back and found X1 way more comfortable and could not discern much difference in acceleration or ride quality between the two on regular city and highway roads. Of course, the 320D will probably reveal it's superiority around corners and up the twisties. Pretty much settled on base X1 but still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger wondering whether there will be deeper discounts towards the end of the year. The salesperson is warning that prices may actually go up by 1 to 1.5 lakhs on the X1 due to strong demand and it being a high value package compared to competition.
Old 8th August 2016, 17:57   #1076
BHPian

Next gen BMW 3 series will also have BMW’s plug-in hybrid called iPerformance, and it can be expected to follow just a few months after the petrol/diesel-powered model’s debut in 2018.

A pure electric variant could also be launched further down the road. BMW’s engineers are reportedly working on installation of a 90 kWh battery pack that could give a zero emissions driving range of around 300 miles (480 km). This variant is likely to be named ‘BMW 3 Series eDrive Sport’.

Though it is still not clear when this fully electric will come to India . I suppose this will be the best competitor for Tesla 65 Kwh or 85 Kwh model S.

Source: Indianautosblog
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-2016bmw330esideattheiaa2015900x596.jpg  

singh.saab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:49   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
When I spoke to the dealer here in Chennai he indicated no more than 2-2.5 Lakhs discount on base 320D. Absolutely no discount on the X1. The X1 base variant comes priced almost 10 lakhs below 320D base on road.

Drove them back to back and found X1 way more comfortable and could not discern much difference in acceleration or ride quality between the two on regular city and highway roads. Of course, the 320D will probably reveal it's superiority around corners and up the twisties. Pretty much settled on base X1 but still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger wondering whether there will be deeper discounts towards the end of the year. The salesperson is warning that prices may actually go up by 1 to 1.5 lakhs on the X1 due to strong demand and it being a high value package compared to competition.
The X1 entry model is in deed up for discussion with regards to upwards price revision.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 23:28   #1078
BHPian

Test drive review of 320i LCI from Autocar India .

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-402715,0.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear Abhi,

Is the 10 lakhs discount also available on the Prestige variant which is priced at 36.9 lakhs ex-showroom? If yes, it's indeed a super deal
Yes I took a discount of almost Rs. 10 lac OTR (which includes exchange Bonus of 50k and my NCB of 50%) on prestige too!!! Please go through my thread .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...restige-4.html

@Mods - Please club my last two posts . Did it by mistake .

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 11th August 2016 at 00:17. Reason: back to back posts
Old 12th August 2016, 12:50   #1079
Team-BHP Support

Saw my BMW badge on the GT bonnet popping off slightly. Don't know how but any suggestions to what's the best way to fix this? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bmw-badge.jpg  

Old 12th August 2016, 16:17   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Saw my BMW badge on the GT bonnet popping off slightly. Don't know how but any suggestions to what's the best way to fix this? Thanks
You can heat the badge with a heat gun or air dryer and pop it off, clean all the left over glue and then use Fevibond which is a rubber based adhesive to stick it back on. I had used the same adhesive on my Linea where a chrome strip was peeling off and it held the same strip without any issues for 3-4 years. The BMW logo should not have peeled off so soon, maybe some cleaning cloth got stuck and while pulling it off, the logo was pulled off as well.

Wondering if these windshield expert guys may have an even better glue, you can ask them to stick it on and pay a small tip.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th August 2016 at 16:19.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks