Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 20:59   #1021
BHPian

Hi all,
When is the first service due? Is it 15k kms? I have been getting a reminder that the first service is due in 2000 kms. My car has run 6k only and it's about 6 months old. I called the SA and he said its 12k or 1 year. I am a little confused here. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th June 2016, 21:29   #1022
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
have been getting a reminder that the first service is due in 2000 kms. My car has run 6k only and it's about 6 months old
Whenever you are visiting the workshop, they will reset this , probably something to do with manufacturing date / PDI , don't understand this but it happened on mine 7 and there were some others. Ask for a complimentary wash and interior cleaning for all this
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 22:15   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Whenever you are visiting the workshop, they will reset this , probably something to do with manufacturing date / PDI , don't understand this but it happened on mine 7 and there were some others. Ask for a complimentary wash and interior cleaning for all this
For cars under BSI, isn't BMW obligated to service the car when the iDrive pop up tells that the service is due? I bought my car in Oct, 2015 and the iDrive used to show in April when the car was just 6 months old that the service is due in 5000 kms and June, 2016. I have not completed the kms requirement but the time guidelines by iDrive are overdue.

Just reached India yesterday and would check the car tomorrow, have read some instances where the dealers tried to delay the service by a few months for cars under BSI citing that the car has run just 6000 kms, it is too early for 1st service etc but when bmw intervened, they had to do the oil change.
Old 8th June 2016, 19:54   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to go for just the extended warranty and not the service pack since my running is not more than 10K per year. Do I have to buy it in the first year or can I wait till the second service? The sale person says I have to get it before/during the first service. The extended warranty for 5 years (basically 3 more years since the car comes with 2 years std warranty) is about 1.27L which is worth considering the fact that my jetta 3rd year warranty quote was 66k.
Old 8th June 2016, 20:17   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am planning to go for just the extended warranty and not the service pack since my running is not more than 10K per year. Do I have to buy it in the first year or can I wait till the second service? The sale person says I have to get it before/during the first service. The extended warranty for 5 years (basically 3 more years since the car comes with 2 years std warranty) is about 1.27L which is worth considering the fact that my jetta 3rd year warranty quote was 66k.

You need to buy extended warranty before the standard warranty of two years expires. The sales person is wrong in telling you to buy before first service.

And decision of going for only extended warranty is sensible as its VFM unlike the total BSI package.
Old 10th June 2016, 01:42   #1026
Senior - BHPian

So i had a drive in my car after 2 months since am back in India now and saw the yellow service icon on mid. Went into iDrive vehicle info and saw the yellow triangle showing service is due soon.

I need to get it serviced immediately or i can wait for 6-7 days? My car has done 6300 kms and i bought it in Oct, 2015.
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-image1-9.jpg
Old 10th June 2016, 03:57   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
my jetta 3rd year warranty quote was 66k.
Sounds a tad bit high, I was quoted around 45k for the 3rd year or till 100,000 kms warranty.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:53   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to get it serviced immediately or i can wait for 6-7 days? My car has done 6300 km and i bought it in Oct, 2015.
I think your car has enough KM left to get the oil changed , this warning must be due to time. Take this to the local dealership, most likely they will reset the stuff. It did happen to 2 of our cars both built in 2015 & they simply did the reset. Why is this happening - I did ask but could not get a convincing answer.

Quote:
I need to get it serviced immediately or i can wait for 6-7 days?
You can take this whenever you get time. Do invest in some trickle charger if you remain away from your place for longer times regularly.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th June 2016 at 09:54.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:39   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is this happening - I did ask but could not get a convincing answer.
Had a word with the workshop's GM today and he asked me when did i buy the car, i told him in Oct and he said that the dealership must have done the PDI on my car in the month on june and that is why the car is calculating 1 year from that PDI. He said that since i have the BSI pack and the car is showing oil change service due, they will change the oil and microfilters which are to be changed with every oil change.
I said since i have the pack, it does not matter to me if the service is once a year or twice a year and the GM agreed.

Quote:
You can take this whenever you get time. Do invest in some trickle charger if you remain away from your place for longer times regularly.
I am away from the car some times 15-20 days in a row but i have requested dad to start and take the car to work once a week if am not there.
Dad does the work of a trickle charger very well, he is more than happy to rip the car on NH1 in my absence.
Old 17th June 2016, 19:45   #1030
BHPian

Hi. What is the expected price of a 2015 March 320 d prestige in mint condition and low mileage (7800 km) ? Insurance and bsi is updated too.
Old 19th June 2016, 20:08   #1031
BHPian

Hello folks,
I'm out in the market for my first luxury car.Took a TD of the A4 and 320d.

A4- The car is docile even though it has a 177 HP engine. I felt like it likes to go easy. Its comfortable though. Love the steering and the console.

320d- Its a fun car, likes to zip, likes to be pushed hard, and then some. Love the gearshift and the RWD

320d with the M sports package looks killer. Extras it has are: bigger alloys (18 inch, if I'm not wrong), HUD, M sports steering wheel, M badge on the sides

I don't mind buying a petrol, I've always had a thing for petrol engines. The A4 petrol is being offered at 36 lacs after discounts. The A4 Technology (disel) at 42 lacs and the 320d (diesel) at 46.35 lacs. There is still scope for negotiation with the 320d. All the prices are OTR.

Need your valuable feedback on the below points:
-Does it make sense to stretch almost 10 lacs for a 320d?
-Are there any major shortcomings of the A4 which I should keep in mind before deciding.
- Does the pricing look right for the A4 which is due for an upgrade.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 19th June 2016, 20:17   #1032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post

-Are there any major shortcomings of the A4 which I should keep in mind before deciding.

Thanks a bunch.
In terms of driving, the Jetta drives better than the A4 with its CVT gearbox. So avoid it. The 3 series is far far better in terms of driving. Where the A4 wins is in terms of refinement, and arguably interior quality.

If you want a petrol there is a 320i now, with 184bhp odd. Check out the luxury line trim of that.

But, my preference is the 320d M sport if its in your budget. The added features just make it so desirable and add to the feel good factor.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 19th June 2016 at 20:18.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:18   #1033
Team-BHP Support

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

A4 will see a generation change within a year I think. See if you're ok with that. Personally I don't like Audis but that's personal. Facelift 3 much nicer IMO. I think there might be a petrol 3 as well now. See which one you prefer. Give a little time and I'm sure you'll pull discounts on the BMW as well. To me the CVT alone is a deal breaker for the Audi. Very underwhelming to drive because of CVT
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:33   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
Hello folks,

I'm out in the market for my first luxury car.Took a TD of the A4 and 320d.

A4- The car is docile even though it has a 177 HP engine. I felt like it likes to go easy. Its comfortable though. Love the steering and the console.

320d- Its a fun car, likes to zip, likes to be pushed hard, and then some. Love the gearshift and the RWD

320d with the M sports package looks killer. Extras it has are: bigger alloys (18 inch, if I'm not wrong), HUD, M sports steering wheel, M badge on the sides

I don't mind buying a petrol, I've always had a thing for petrol engines. The A4 petrol is being offered at 36 lacs after discounts. The A4 Technology (disel) at 42 lacs and the 320d (diesel) at 46.35 lacs. There is still scope for negotiation with the 320d. All the prices are OTR.

Thanks a bunch.

Autocar India has stated that the new A4 is due for an August launch. Do wait out a couple of months. Check out the reviews on you tube. The car looks another league in terms of interior quality and new tech. Freaked out on what they call "Virtual Cockpit". However I guess this new launch will be priced at 55-60 lakhs on road Bangalore and that's going to be steep.

Stay away from the current A4 as you will feel really outdated in a couple of months. The 3 series is a great car. Check out the new A4 and if you find that its out pricing itself there is the 3 series to go back to.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:45   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

46L OTR for the 3 series? Why on earth will you pay that much for the 3. Rather take a look at the 3GT in that case which also has its share of nice exclusive features, has much more space inside and is a rare car to give you those extra looks on the road. If not that then take a look at the 5 series and E class. They might work out to be dangerously close to that 46L figure.

The A4 is up for a major change in the near future. So I will not buy that. Moreover as you described, my experience was pretty much the same. Its extremely dull to drive. The 3 series just makes you want to accelerate further and further, such is the engine response and car's handling.

46L is for the Msport version? How much is the luxury line for? PM me if you want some help. I can get you in touch with my SA in Bird and hopefuly he can give you a good deal.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks